Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Force majeure

Go down

Force majeure Empty Force majeure

Post  Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:04 am

Does anyone understand this?
Been told by management that i will recieve an extra hundred pounds a day over 25-28th inc for bad weather.
But according to my wife they are saying if i cant get to work through bad weather i will get a hundred pounds a day.
Never heard of it before and was on holiday when forms (that make no sense to me ) were given out.

Back to top Go down

Force majeure Empty Re: Force majeure

Post  bitofatwat Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:11 am

Staggy wrote:Does anyone understand this?
Been told by management that i will recieve an extra hundred pounds a day over 25-28th inc for bad weather.
But according to my wife they are saying if i cant get to work through bad weather i will get a hundred pounds a day.
Never heard of it before and was on holiday when forms (that make no sense to me ) were given out.

Hi Staggy i might be guessing here but is it like a retaining payment. Like if you go to out to a job and get there but you cant do your job because of severe weather you get paid a set amount, and if you cant get out to work a particular day because the roads are blocked with snow or ice i.e. no fault of your own, you still get the 100 notes as a retaining payment?
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Force majeure is exactly that, Staggy - a force greater than you. Comparable with the old "Act of God" but some things are beyond that - terrorism and war, for example. Either way, unless you have thrown a bomb at Top Shop, you can't be held responsible for it.

Depends what your contract states, though. Force majeure in the current climate is usuallly used against people - like knowing about snow and ice but not making adequate preparation for it on occasions you'd be expected to work. Employers - expect magic out of you for fucking ninepence.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum