Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to start a football betting site

Go down

I want to start a football betting site Empty I want to start a football betting site

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:53 pm

No, not tips........I want to start a site where every single game in The Premiership plus the top flights in Scotland, Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Holland is set out in a 'six outcomes' market.
The only six outcomes would of course be:

1.Home team to win by one goal
2.Home team to win by two goals or more
3.Away team to win by one goal
4.Away team to win by two goals or more
5.No score draw
6.Score draw

Punters would bet into a £1 a ticket pool and could buy as many as they liked.
Once the result was in, I'd take 5% and the remaining money would be divided by winning tickets and declared to a £1 unit then shared out amongst those who have the right outcome....just like the tote really.
Nothing like this exists and If I could afford to have the interface designed I wouldn't hesitate to start it up.
Comments?

Back to top Go down

I want to start a football betting site Empty Re: I want to start a football betting site

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:49 pm

All Football Betting Site creators die broke...

Laughing

Back to top Go down

I want to start a football betting site Empty Re: I want to start a football betting site

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:59 pm

I want to start a football betting site 623320

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Anyone fancy coming in with me?

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:No, not tips........I want to start a site where every single game in The Premiership plus the top flights in Scotland, Germany, Spain, France, Italy and Holland is set out in a 'six outcomes' market.
The only six outcomes would of course be:

1.Home team to win by one goal
2.Home team to win by two goals or more
3.Away team to win by one goal
4.Away team to win by two goals or more
5.No score draw
6.Score draw

Punters would bet into a £1 a ticket pool and could buy as many as they liked.
Once the result was in, I'd take 5% and the remaining money would be divided by winning tickets and declared to a £1 unit then shared out amongst those who have the right outcome....just like the tote really.
Nothing like this exists and If I could afford to have the interface designed I wouldn't hesitate to start it up.
Comments?

Sounds harder than the lottery Shocked Do you have to get every result correct?
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 pm

No boat!!
You just bet on one game if you like...even back two or three outcomes in the game if you think it may pay.
The beauty of it is you don't know how much you've won until the dividend is declared!...That's almost as big a buzz as the punting!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:13 pm

Think of every game as a six dog race with a tote.
Doubles, trebles and upwards would be available.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:Think of every game as a six dog race with a tote.
Doubles, trebles and upwards would be available.

You could be onto something here Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:25 pm

Boat....I KNOW it would be a winner.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:27 pm

You'd get 'freak dividends' just as you do on the nanny goat with the horses.
A game from each major league could be set aside as a seven leg jackpot every week...people could perm up!
I have to get this going for next season.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 am

Nobby Cheese wrote:Anyone fancy coming in with me?

Is that related to this thread? I admire your soliciting, Tone, and you're making me truly bi-curious here...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:56 am

Be serious Bert....this would appeal bigtime to football punters.
If such a site existed, I'd be a member.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:14 am

That's me back on women then

In terms of this though, Tone, the list you've given is a big undertaking. Licensing issues aside, is it a pan-European undertaking? If so, it's competing with existing football lotteries in say, Spain and Portugal for starters. And I'm not quite getting the format either - is it singles, doubles, trebles? It would be hard to build something that will deal in differing level of multiples and differing dividends. For example, could a dividend for a treble be less than a double with two "harder" games? if so, the only real way that could work is if each combination were an individual pool. At that point, you'd have to limit the size of your sample because the permutations are going to be exponentially higher for every game you add.

If the idea is to put up say, fourteen games from seven leagues and pay dividends according to how many you get right, that is already there on the continent but only pays 1-2-X and the highest divs.

Not sure whether betting in Germany on football is illegal as well... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:23 am

Bert wrote:That's me back on women then

is it singles, doubles, trebles?

Singles...forget doubles, trebles, accas and jackpots.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:33 am

Limits the market arguably, Tone - becomes a choice market but one-dimensional and so might struggle to take off when start-up would be hugely important.

Scoop 6 style, though, you could pick one game from a few countries and pool them in the six outcomes - dividends lottery-style.

Tick-box coupon, perm facility and part units with minimum stake per ticket...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:42 am

Nah, my idea is better.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 am

More latitude in your example but it's getting the quick take-up in a multiple market to establish, Tone. That's why the lottery exceeded all expectation when started in the UK - single ticket, single route of selection, basically simple stuff for the entering. The pools suddenly became this unwieldly different plans, different tariffs, 10 homes, 4 aways, 4 draws or points from a line of 8 behemoth and the lottery bitch-slapped it

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down