Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings

2 posters

Go down

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings Empty Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings

Post  bitofatwat Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:31 am

Had some pretty rare genetic blood tests recently and 1 had to go back to be phenotyped as one test I was deficient. Anyway it seems that both sides of my family have lots of genes from Scandinavia and areas that had lots of viking in breeding . So its seems ive kept up the trait with plenty of raping and pillaging even by today's standards cheers

Anyone else now where they originated from?
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings Empty Re: Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings

Post  NotBert Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:59 am

Norwegian great-grandfather here
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings Empty Re: Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:09 am

My great grandparents include a Scouse, two Irishmen, a Geordie and 3 Cockneys.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 am

i know nothing of my ancestry,
but i wouldn't mind finding out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:03 am

erixter wrote:i know nothing of my ancestry,

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm

who are you calling a bastard? Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings 3818299196 tongue

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Did your parents not tell you anything about their parents and grandparents?
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:07 pm

my parents divorced when i was about 3yrs old.
i know fuck all of my father,
only that he topped himself 20yrs ago.
and my mother's side?
well,
i knew my grand-parents(my mother's parents).
grand-father not being my mother's natural father.
and that's it mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:34 pm

Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:42 pm

broken homes.
broken marriages.
it all gets lost. Neutral

and if you think THAT'S missing out.

there's this bloke i work with,
in his 30s,
just bought a laptop.

he set up a facebook a/c.

apparently,
he'd always suspected that he might have siblings out there.

found two sisters that he's never known,
and one of them lives about three streets away from him.
they're meeting up at the weekend.

true story.
fuckin amazing eh? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:54 pm

i have 2 siblings,
so far as i am aware.

(well,
half-siblings.
my natural father re-married,
and spawned a couple.)

somewhere out there.

one of them knocked my door,
after they'd dealt with things.

he was curious,
i wasn't.
no offence intended.

bye!
see yer. Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings 38011

lardthing was a baby.

i wonder if he is/they are curious about their nephew? study

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:47 pm

I saw my grandfather's all but pristine birth certificate last week. Issued 1897. That's two centuries ago and the Boers are about to kick off again. And in six years time, Orville and Wilbur Wright will get flying
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 pm

I have copies of both my grandfather's birth certificates.
One 1886...the other 1899.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:57 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:I have copies of both my grandfather's birth certificates.
One 1886...the other 1899.

To grammar police you, Tone - your grandfather was born twice, you say? Razz
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:20 am

Whoops!

Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:58 am

To make you feel really old, look at your age. Then go back to the year you were born.

Then go back from there the number of years old you are now. Anyone who is 48 or older was now born nearer WW1 than the present day.

And that fact will only extend over time
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:30 am

I was born 5 years after D Day.
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:28 pm

1949 means you were born nearer to 1887 than the present day, Tone. Your birthdate therefore has more in common with a country where professional football and the Football League did not yet exist. Nor did Liverpool FC (1892) and you were fifteen years away from Newton Heath (1878) becoming Manchester United (1902).

Victoria was celebrating her Golden Jubilee and had her eyes on George III's record, the mad fucker. She'd reign for another thirteen years.

Basketball hadn't yet been invented. TV would be almost forty years away. Don't start me on Marconi. He was only thirteen.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:00 pm

It is fucking nuts when you think about it how far we've come in 125 years. For me, it's 1923.

The old Wembley had its first cup final. Baird was still fucking about trying to get radio with pictures. All the Jarrow marchers are now dead, but at that time they were still thirteen years from thinking about it. The Queen not only wasn't yet born, but wasn't even in the hunt for succession as George V was only halfway into his reign and even then Edward VIII and any kids he might have were in the way of her father getting the job.

The first World Cup was 7 years away and England still hadn't lost an international to a side who wasn't a Home Nation (that is still six years away)
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Great stuff Bert.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:32 pm

Conversely, a 25 year old is (just) still born nearer the present day than the Beatles forming and releasing their first single. Shocked

For anyone who watched Friends as well, Ben will now be 18, the triplets 14, Emma, 11 and the twins, 9. And Rudi out of the Cosby Show would now have outlived Jesus and Evita. She's 33 and has apparently had the girls done. When you look her up, remember, this was her.

Ive learned that i descended from the Vikings Tumblr11

NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:40 pm

When I started my first job after leaving school it was still over a year before England won the World Cup!
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum