Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One to miss!!

Go down

One to miss!! Empty One to miss!!

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Music fans were left fuming after Julie Andrews failed to dazzle at London's O2 Arena this weekend..
The concert, entitled ‘The Gift of Music', was Dame Julie's first UK performance in over 30 years and featured songs from ‘The Sound of Music', ‘Mary Poppins' and many more of the musicals with which she made her name..
Tickets for the gig sold for as much as £140, yet hundreds of fans reportedly left the venue before the first interval after a lacklustre performance from the singer. .
According to one audience member Dame Julie sang for just 30 seconds in the first hour leaving the rest of the performance up to her backing singers whilst she ended the show reading passages from a children's book she wrote with her daughter..
Mark Shenton a writer with performing arts magazine The Stage said: "Not since an arena stage production of Ben-Hur last year staged a series of intentional chariot crashes here have I witnessed such an unintentional pile-up of car-crash musical theatre."
Speaking to the Daily Mirror, one fan who had travelled from Kent said: "I feel totally robbed and I would like the ticket price back. I saw at least 2,000 people walking out. It became like a second-rate pantomime.".
Dame Julie, who is now 74, suffered serious and sustained damage to her voice after an operation to remove a growth on her vocal cords went wrong. By her own admission, the singer can only use the lower octaves of her voice, ruling out many of the vocally-demanding songs for which she is renowned.

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

One to miss!! Empty Re: One to miss!!

Post  Guest Mon May 10, 2010 6:41 pm

ohhhhh dear.

Back to top Go down