Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spent the best part of the evening

2 posters

Go down

Spent the best part of the evening  Empty Spent the best part of the evening

Post  bitofatwat Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:04 pm

Setting Sky Broadband up at by daughters...nightmare, they're saying its a fault at the exchange after 1 hour plus to tech support. Now saying she as to wait another 48 hours, although today was the day it was supposedly switch on Mad

bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Spent the best part of the evening  Empty Re: Spent the best part of the evening

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:10 pm

shoulda got a bt homehub or got heaven 17 to set her up with that plusnet shit - no nonsense broadband they reckon

Back to top Go down

Spent the best part of the evening  Empty Re: Spent the best part of the evening

Post  bitofatwat Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:shoulda got a bt homehub or got heaven 17 to set her up with that plusnet shit - no nonsense broadband they reckon

I got them the full sky TV, SKY HD, talk and Broadband set up for Christmas. Everything is fine except the broadband, some DNS error, but jack could connect via their WI FI using their Wep Key. Support are fobbing me off nowt wrong with the exchange Rolling Eyes
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:29 pm

whats all this about plusnet of yorkshire ??
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:37 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:03 am

ive seen the ad, just wondered where they are based.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:37 am

morning_glory wrote:ive seen the ad, just wondered where they are based.
With accents like that?
Could only be fucking Yorkshire!

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 am

Mad Tony wrote:
morning_glory wrote:ive seen the ad, just wondered where they are based.
With accents like that?
Could only be fucking Yorkshire!

yes tony, but Yorkshire is a BIG place.I just wondered which part of Yorkshire Rolling Eyes
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 am

Sorry,

Plusnet, Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 am

Shocked
I may look into that. Suspect
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:51 am

I have a friendly voice.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:43 am

Its a weird advert to put on nationally , as I guess, everyone not in Yorkshire just counts themselves out automatically.

They have also been running national ads for Capital radio Birmingham recently as well.

Maybe its cheaper than regional ITV?

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 am

Kit wrote:Its a weird advert to put on nationally , as I guess, everyone not in Yorkshire just counts themselves out automatically.

They have also been running national ads for Capital radio Birmingham recently as well.

Maybe its cheaper than regional ITV?

I think the advert just stereotypes Yorkshire people and wouldnt use them for that reason alone.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:50 am

Spent the best part of the evening  Flat-cap-n-whippet3-422-74

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Ive had whippets but not a flat cap.

Yorkshire accents, according to advertisers, are friendly and trustworthy.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:11 pm

I have never understood why they don't use plurals

"How long have you been engaged "

"about 8 month"

its not hard really to say it properly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:41 pm

They are just bone idle....it's the reason they say 't' instead of 'the'

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:33 pm

Rolling Eyes
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 pm

If it comes down to it, I've never understood the "r" in words like "fast" and "cast" in certain parts of the country. Or that in certain parts of the country "fuck" is pronounced "fark". All parts of a nation when it comes down to it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Bert wrote:If it comes down to it, I've never understood the "r" in words like "fast" and "cast" in certain parts of the country. Or that in certain parts of the country "fuck" is pronounced "fark". All parts of a nation when it comes down to it.

I go the other way.

I hate the hard 'a' like in a Cardiff accent , 'fahst' for example or 'Ka pahk'

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:31 pm

It's "fasst", Kit. Razz Anything else is just "why don't you fuck off and say it right?"

I'm with the Spanish on this - vowel sounds shouldn't be overcomplicated. They have five and that's it. I recall we have 26. That's just fucking stupid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:39 pm

dont they have something silly like 12 tenses for our 3 though?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 pm

We don't have three tenses, Kit. We have far, far more. We have more irregular verbs that just about everyone as well.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down