Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and

2 posters

Go down

i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and Empty i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and

Post  Guest Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:46 pm

charlie's kids are a breath of fresh air imo.
might just save the royal family for another generation.
harry and wills,
good old boys in my opinion.
they'll do for me. Smile

such a shame their mum couldn't be there.

what he sees in that old hag,
i shall never know. Mad

Back to top Go down

i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and Empty Re: i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and

Post  morning_glory Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:53 pm

everytime I think we should get rid of the monarchy, the phrase, President Thatcher makes me want to i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and 485733
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and Empty Re: i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and

Post  bitofatwat Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 am

i actually don't mind us having the monarchy,and HLyAh
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:26 pm

We have lost touch in some ways about what the monarchy should represent.

They were basically just celebrities, who filled that space (from the mid 1700's) before we had real celebrities.

The one thing that helps me think of them in a way that was traditional , was what people said after Queen Victoria husband died and she became a recluse , people (the public) started getting really pissed off because they felt they were not "getting their monies worth" out of her. Which sums up the way we should view them quite nicely. Yesterday we got our monies worth in many ways

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:00 pm

it sort of keeps the memory that Britain was great.Pomp and ceremony was indeed brought back because of Victoria's mourning.Its what we do best.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:05 pm

for me,
and you might laugh,
they symbolise honour and tradition.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down