Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tony

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

tony - Page 2 Empty Re: tony

Post  morning_glory Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Kit wrote:this is the podcast MG

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wr9r7

Melvyn Bragg and his guests discuss the far-reaching consequences of the Industrial Revolution.

After more than a century of rapid technological change, and the massive growth of its urban centres, Britain was changed forever. Lifestyles changed as workers moved from agricultural settlements to factory towns: health, housing and labour relations were all affected. But the effects were both social and intellectual, as thinkers originated theories to deal with the new realities of urban living, mass production and a consumer society.

true.Britain was the first and tbh I think we still live withe consequences, even now we still have some of the same infrastructure and our traditions and culture. towns rapidly grew in population, and like you said health suffered.its not a time ide like to have lived in
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:we would also need at least 2 barmaids to create a new society though, in the list of essential jobs

In the new pub, I hope there would be smoking , and also, barmaids would need to be able to drink and provide good conversation

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:18 pm

she wrote:
morning_glory wrote:
she wrote:you can do the cleaning mg...i hate having to clean...i`ll look after the arc...feed the animals an stuff y'know? Laughing

im not cleaning, im doing the cooking and i like animals as well. Mad
well...who can we get to do the cleaning then?

eric? Laughing

Very Happy

we need a cruel bastard to go hunting.Abdul Twisted Evil
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:19 pm

Kit wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:we would also need at least 2 barmaids to create a new society though, in the list of essential jobs

In the new pub, I hope there would be smoking , and also, barmaids would need to be able to drink and provide good conversation

absolutely kit and their salaries would be closely aligned to their bra size, seeing as we wouldn't be able to use inflation as a guide anymore

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:20 pm

i will, with the right tools make hooch.but im not getting my tits out to serve it. No
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:21 pm

Kit wrote:

that`ll do cheers
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:
Kit wrote:

absolutely kit and their salaries would be closely aligned to their bra size, seeing as we wouldn't be able to use inflation as a guide anymore
well thats me fucked then Sad
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:
Kit wrote:

I think that is somewhat limiting adbul , a decent pair of low slung jeans and a free attitude devoid of feminism would be just as valuable

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:25 pm

cheers
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:27 pm

Kit wrote:

choo and she can provide the entertainment.ill be ruling. Cool
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:29 pm

The only other thing I would need from a barmaid, would be the ability to laugh wholeheartedly at my jokes, and mix a decent vodka , lime & soda . Very Happy

Incidentally that pub used exist not so long ago, but it has been destroyed by wets, anti smokers and feminists

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Kit wrote:The only other thing I would need from a barmaid, would be the ability to laugh wholeheartedly at my jokes, and mix a decent vodka , lime & soda . Very Happy

Incidentally that pub used exist not so long ago, but it has been destroyed by wets, anti smokers and feminists
that i can do...i think! What a Face
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Kit wrote:The only other thing I would need from a barmaid, would be the ability to laugh wholeheartedly at my jokes, and mix a decent vodka , lime & soda . Very Happy

fraid so, i am off now where it costs over a tenner for 3 pints, have to sit out the back to smoke and the insides is dead and everyone is moaning about something

still, it's better than nothing and all it needs is a nuclear war or something to fix it

tony - Page 2 38011

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:42 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:

fraid so, i am off now where it costs over a tenner for 3 pints, have to sit out the back to smoke and the insides is dead and everyone is moaning about something

still, it's better than nothing and all it needs is a nuclear war or something to fix it

tony - Page 2 38011

I'm not a person to carry hate or ill feeling , but I do sincerely hate the new labour/european union culture that led to the ruin of pubs.

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Kit wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:

tony - Page 2 38011

I'm not a person to carry hate or ill feeling , but I do sincerely hate the new labour/european union culture that led to the ruin of pubs.

i got thrown out of a pub in york because i forgot about the no smoking shit, ffs i aint lived in the uk for a long time Neutral
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:00 pm

she wrote:
Kit wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:

tony - Page 2 38011

i got thrown out of a pub in york because i forgot about the no smoking shit, ffs i aint lived in the uk for a long time Neutral

I had the same in Dublin (before the UK ban) its was a terrible weekend, I went there with my girlfriend , we started in the pubs at lunch time and ended up in clubs, I was having a dance , bit pissed , next thing I knew she (my GF) glassed me No

Ended up in the back of an ambulance with some very lovely Irish health professionals who took me (and her ((we made up)) to A&E

After some treatment to get the glass out of my wounds , we tried to order a Taxi, but there was none available, and this really lovely man , who was there to look after his daughter (with his wife) offered to take me and the mad bitch back to the hotel. I sorted him out with some Euros (he didnt want them, but for the sake of petrol took them) and that was the end of that

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:10 pm

Kit wrote:
she wrote:
Kit wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:

tony - Page 2 38011

I had the same in Dublin (before the UK ban) its was a terrible weekend, I went there with my girlfriend , we started in the pubs at lunch time and ended up in clubs, I was having a dance , bit pissed , next thing I knew she (my GF) glassed me No

Ended up in the back of an ambulance with some very lovely Irish health professionals who took me (and her ((we made up)) to A&E

After some treatment to get the glass out of my wounds , we tried to order a Taxi, but there was none available, and this really lovely man , who was there to look after his daughter (with his wife) offered to take me and the mad bitch back to the hotel. I sorted him out with some Euros (he didnt want them, but for the sake of petrol took them) and that was the end of that
OMG why did she glass you?
surely your dancing wasnt that bad?
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:13 pm

dancing with other people on the dance floor Mad

It was not her fault, she was only 20 , and i was 36

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:17 pm

Kit wrote:dancing with other people on the dance floor Mad

wanna dance? Laughing
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:19 pm

she wrote:

wanna dance? Laughing

lets go for a mexican , who knows, there may be a bar along the way Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  she Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:21 pm

Kit wrote:
she wrote:

wanna dance? Laughing

lets go for a mexican , who knows, there may be a bar along the way Very Happy
sounds good to me Very Happy
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:55 pm

morning_glory wrote:

This is where I was trying to think of the other day

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Giles,_London

tony - Page 2 438px-10

Kit wrote:There is another part called beer street as I dimly recall

Yes there is. You may want to include "satirists" in people you won't need. Of course, if you reduce society to these effective component parts and disavow the species advances since we climbed out of the sea and denied God in all but the minds of the unhearing, then you would be left with artisans only, I suppose.

Spoiler:
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:57 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:no room for any vulnerable, elderly or otherwise passengers in a rebuilding civilisation scenario mg, if we have any elderly preggers people we would have to see to them having an accident at the top of a cliff, or something

Illustrating my point completely. Stephen Hawking couldn't exist in survivalist Britain. You're just left with those who are stronger.

Enjoy the bodybuilding, you'll be fighting with arsebones of oxen for the next couple of million years. And dying at 18
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:01 pm

NotBert wrote: you'll be fighting with arsebones of oxen for the next couple of million years. And dying at 18

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:02 pm

she wrote:
Kit wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:

tony - Page 2 38011

My old man, when demobbed, got on a bus, sat down, lit up and was promptly told to put it out. Was about to tell the bloke to fuck off (it was the mid 50s) when he realised that having been away for two years, things might have changed.

That was fifty years before the smoking ban. Not smoking in areas where people congregate isn't a new thing.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next