Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's that time again, Guineas meeting

2 posters

Go down

It's that time again, Guineas meeting Empty It's that time again, Guineas meeting

Post  NotBert Sat May 05, 2012 1:19 am

My two for this year

I'm going to duck Camelot. Lot of noises for it followed by lots of noises against it because of the ground. What a fucking drought... So what do I take it on with? Well, I do like early season French horses that come over here for this - it's a race farmed by foreign interests as a rule but more so by Ireland - Frankel last year was only the third English winner in a decade with one French winner and six from Ireland. One of those was ridden by Olivier Peslier, however, and I'm in behind him for tomorrow. Fit, ground not an issue and proven ability, French Fifteen looks a bit of value in a field where an overly short favourite is skewing the market.

Sunday, I'm backing Starscope. Both runs were at Newmarket, she was green but clearly talented winning her debut, she was green again in the Nell Gwyn, ran on without being close enough and was doing her best work at the end. She's inexperienced but clearly has scope to be a star. Well named, then.

Win and place the two, double them up as well
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

It's that time again, Guineas meeting Empty Re: It's that time again, Guineas meeting

Post  NotBert Sun May 06, 2012 5:04 pm

NotBert wrote:My two for this year

French Fifteen 12/1 second

Starscope 33/1 second

Win and place the two, double them up as well

That's a big priced place double, kids. Rather than sort them out myself, "I must have read a write up somewhere" as you recall. You ferkin lamp
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

It's that time again, Guineas meeting Empty Re: It's that time again, Guineas meeting

Post  Guest Sun May 06, 2012 5:37 pm

It's that time again, Guineas meeting 380407

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 06, 2012 5:44 pm

I don't think we've seen the last of Starscope either, Tone.

She's by Selkirk, so if this drought keeps the ground as soft as it has been Rolling Eyes then she will be less inconvenienced by it than most. Her father was a monumental piece of work whose career went stellar when they realised that he wasn't performing to his peak because of a twisted knacker. Cut it off, he became Europe's champion miler. Got through soft ground particularly well
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon May 07, 2012 10:01 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote: It's that time again, Guineas meeting 380407

good shout bert didnt see a race all wekend affraid
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Missed my Oaks bet today so saved you all money Razz Kailani neverput in a show, really

Derby tomorrow and I think Gosden has a better horse in his yard in Michelangelo so I'm not averse to seeing my penny go with Thought Worthy. Will get every yard, IMO, and is overpriced at 16s/14s. Camelot skews the market completely and anything you back in a smaller field is worth EW money at 1/4 odds.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 26, 2013 5:09 pm

Wonder where last year's slice of fried gold was. It was here.

Derby and Oaks this week, first impressions to be expanded upon are Banoffee and Ocovango
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri May 01, 2015 8:36 pm

This site logged me out. Twats

Two in the first, one in the second

Ol' Man River/Kool Kompany 2000GNAS Sat (8s, 33s are biggest)
Tiggy Wiggy 1000GNAS Sun (20s)

EW singles and doubles
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 02, 2015 3:54 pm

NotBert wrote:This site logged me out.  Twats

Two in the first, one in the second

Ol' Man River/Kool Kompany 2000GNAS Sat (8s, 33s are biggest)
Tiggy Wiggy 1000GNAS Sun (20s)

EW singles and doubles

Ol' Man River all but pulled up. Kool Kompany led but arguably went too quick. Worst Guineas I've had in a long time, spent the last 3f as a spectator.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 03, 2015 9:27 pm

Tiggy Wiggy is third Very Happy

I was a bit surprised that the 20s with which I was happy, was actually 25s in a place on Friday night.

I was in that place Friday night, deciding to get up off my Aris and avail myself of the price for Ol' Man River with her.

Nae bad.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 am

Nice one man.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down