Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post a bit about Your Town

2 posters

Go down

Post a bit about Your Town Empty Post a bit about Your Town

Post  bitofatwat Thu May 20, 2010 9:28 am

From Uncyclopedia

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Barnsley

Barnsley (pronounced barn-zaar-lee), also known as tarn was once a bustling metropolis of Ancient Greece. Now, it is an up-market town in the centre of New England. It's populus, known as Barnslians all of whom are related (except for 21 rasta's), are known for bein "Strong in't arm, thick in't head." Hence, why they were so good in the pit as they would work for 22 hours a day whilst never realising they are surrounded by poisonous fumes (That is why the budgie is now lying at the bottom of its cage).

The locals are so affectionate towards their hometown that often their conversation revolves around nothing but Barnsley, though the younger generation can often be found bleating obscenities outside Weatherspoons. To put it simply, though many would not want to go to Barnsley, it doesn't matter as most people are not welcome in Barnsley!

People of Barnsley

The people of Barnsley are kind and caring, their love of "t'Giro" being particularly strong. The people of Barnsley can regularly be seen pointing at airplanes, wearing string vests and Hi-Tec trainers. They are famous for their distinctive war cry "Tha wot! Ar much?", this is commonly heard in the markets of Barnsley, and whenever a Barnslian is forced to pay more than 10 bob for owt. They do love a good pastie too.

People frum tarn (Barnsley) are proper northerners, anyone south of Barnsley is a shandy drinking poof and anyone from north of Barnsley is inbred i.e Leeds, Middlesbrough etc. Dunt even get me started on Scotland! People of Barnsley, be proud, you are the proper northern monkeys.

A selection of famous people are as follows:

* Patrick Cryne: Owns Barnsley Football club and has a brick for a phone
* Dickie Bird: A cricket umpire, who stands at cricket matches and gives advantages to the team who bribed him
* Arthur Scargill: A legend of the Mining strike.

Quarantine

Barnsley is currently under quarantine to stop chavs from escaping. Any Chavs that escape are forced to listen to Rock music until they explode with the pressure of actual words in music, not someone talking fast, whom is hopped up on drugs and most probably lost and retarded in some way. Rock on! Rock bands like DC/AC, Aluminium Maiden, Copperback, Plasticilla and many others are most welcome in Barnsley. If we let the chavs escape, then eventually the whole world will WrItE lIkE ThIs, wHiCh Is UTtErLy TaStElEsS aNd ThE lAnGuAgE Of ChAvs, which is a result of them not been present at school because they were busy learning the art of breaking windows, and therefore cannot write or communicate correctly for this matter, they use words like, 'innit' 'buzzin' etc... A normal chav conversation, would result in, 'Innit blad, proper sikki today mayt, wat ya up to, do ya dig mi new nikes?'. Maybe that would be a chav convo in the 90s but now its 'proper f*ckin sikki mayte, waht ya f*ckin doin? f*ckin sik this is, f*ckety f*ck f*ck F*ck' the word f*ck is he ultimate word for them, it has multi meanings, and requires little effort, even can be spelt f*k with out a 'c'. Lucky most of the Barnsley population haven't taken on this 'way' and most Barnsley folk are safe to approach and very friendly. Especially after a few pints.

Famous Buildings in Barnsley

A fantastic piece of post Georgian, Victorian architecture thought to have been designed by hot chocolates Errol Brown, the Bush Inn at Kingstone which is now under threat of demolition. It has been shut for many years now and locals have thought to have signed petitions and created websites to get it re-opened. One website is rumoured to have as many as 3 members.

The most complex building in Barnsley's long and (not so) colourful history was the Stairfoot Rarndabart. The 0.01 floor high building was a shining example of the progress of the area being the tallest man-made structure in the area. It cost the equivalent of £2 billion in today's money but cost 50,000 Barnsley folk their (worthless) lives. Another wondrous work of engineering is The Oakwell stadium, the mecca of Barnsley, where no less then 10,000 fans travel to by horse and cart. If you have a job then you can pay on the door, instead of mugging someone for a ticket or jumping over the fence. However the most famous is the Dole office, visited thousands of times a day. If the whole of America had only one McDonalds, then out of them, the Barnsley Dole office would by far be the most visited.

Barnsley language

There are many languages in the world, English, French, German, American etc... but the most fascinating language is Barnslish. It is a simple language which has more than 3 words combined into one for ease of speaking and to help the idly challenged. Words like 'Thee' are derived from English meaning 'you' and not 'Thee' as in making the word 'The' make something sound more powerful. Another meaning for 'You' is 'Thar', and can be incorporated into the sentence 'Wots thar doin o'er theya?' meaning 'What are you doing over there?'. Most words are cognates with letters missing, for example 'o'er' meaning 'over'. Most words are pronounced differently like 'toast' would be said 'tu-ast' and emphasising a 'ou' sound. 'peas' are said 'peys' and can be found in a famous Barnsley quote, 'al av pie n peys plea-as love'. 'Board' as in chipboard is also pronounced 'Bu-ard' again emphasising the 'ou' sound. As in much of the north, 'night' and 'light' are 'leet' and 'neet'. But Barnsley folk af to be a bit different, so they say 'fight' and 'right' as 'feyt' and 'reyt'. Most of the language is the same as Yorkshire, like 'ayup' but Barnslish can only be fully understood if tha's lived ere all thi liyfe! Don't worry about writing it, its written as it sounds!

Men call one another 'cock' as if it's a compliment in Barnsley. Some research has found this word in use in Wakefield as well, which meks Barnsley folk think that Wakefielders are stealing their words.

Barnsley Phrases

* 't - The
* Tha What? - Pardon me?
* Gizzit! - Could you pass me that please?
* Ar Much??!!?? - Thats rather expensive isnt it?
* Go an get thi sen fucked off! - Go away please
* Tha's a reyt tub er spunk - You are a complete imbecile
* get ya growler art - will you please show me your vagina?
* A tha gooin int tarn for a few? - Would you like to join me for some sociable drinks in the town centre?
* Am Ard Me- I am strong and will be able to hurt you
* Eyup! wot thaa fuckin doing, get fucked off - Excuse me, What are your intentions, please stop
* Tha gunna get some reyt shoe thee! - Your are going to receive a damn good kicking'
* Wats tha fuckin on abart ya dozy cunt! - What are you talking about?
* She could shit in my snap tin -Wow! What an attractive lady.
* Snap tin - Lunch box
* Council pop - Tap Water
* ManShagger - Homosexual gentleman
* Ya Dirty Scret! - You dirty person
* Like a gi a fook bart thee - I don't care about you
* Cop Hoyl - Police station
* Chip Hoyl - Fish and chip shop
* Black bastard - Black man
* T'int in't T'in - It isn't in the tin.
* Thasgunnagerritinaminit - You are going to get it in a minute.
* Midadsgorrajag - My dad has a Jaguar
* As tha sin mi new booits? - Have you seen my new boots?
* Ai, thi reyt naarce - Yes, they are rather nice.
* Put wud'in' oil will tha? - Please close the door?
* Dooer - Door
* Wot thay on abart? - I don't understand, could you either explain or shut up?
* Shut thi maarth! - Please be quiet?
* Gi o'er wi mi!? - Please stop winding me up.
* Wots tha got munk on fo nar!? - What's the matter?
* Tha's mizrabul bleeder! - You aren't very happy.
* Mi mam wa twelve when she ad mi. - My mother was quite old when she gave birth to me.
* Shut thi kite. - Shut up please.
* Get ya growler art- please will you show me your vagina
* wota night - that night was rather good
* whos been nocking flaps back - travs

Pastimes

Favourite pastimes include mining down't pit and combining words to form random sentences that no normal person understands. Another is talking 'bart' Barnsley itself. If you don't talk about Barnsley, you are not welcome in Barnsley.

Frequently having sexual intercourse with family members of t'opposite sex is also a very common pastime in this area. This may or may not explain the abundance of Townie fookin' scum that can oft' be seen pushing a pram about their local area (though one could argue that the primary reason for having a pram around is so that they can ram into the back of nearby strangers' legs; this seems to happen all too frequently around Barnsley)

Even though there are only five TV's in all of Barnsley, another good past time there is watching the movie KES. This is the only movie that was ever made in Barnsley (apart from Brassed Off, set in the fictional town 'Grimley' this was actually set in Grimethorpe, based on Grimethorpe Colliery Band. Although this was not as successful as Kes, this was a highly recognisable film) and everyone claims to know most of the people that was in it. The reason another movie was not made in Barnsley ever again was because nobody could understand what the hell they were saying, half of the time it sounds as if they are communicating through moans and grunts.

Binge drinking is also an important part of Barnsleys culture. The entire population of the town can usually be found on Wellington street on a Saturday night partaking in many local pastimes including, mooneying, urinating in the street, hurling abuse at anyone and everyone, and most importantly fighting.

Sports

Apart from bullying, Barnsley doesn't really get up to much. Boyracers are around McDonald's, but let's not constitute that as sport. Now, bullying, that's the sport of Barnsley.

Anyone with an IQ reaching 60+ (the average of Alabama) or look slightly retarded are a target to heckling. If you have long hair, then you are an emo, here, take some razorblades and go somewhere else. You are simply not welcome in Barnsley. Recently their has been much immigration into Barnsley, however this has stopped due to a rousing chorus of " Get tha Fuk Art Tha Dirty Bastard Manshagger"

Tha lyke fookin pissin rarnd wi mi wattah? Gi orr! What? Didn't you understand that? Well, get the hell out of this article! You are simply not welcome in Barnsley, or it's article, cocker.

Careers

Most Barnsley folk go into one of the following careers:

* Diggin' stuff,
* Hittin' stuff,
* Sexxin' stuff,
* Buildin' stuff
* European Parliament Members

Careers advice is 'doled out' by drunken, middle aged women who are beaten by their husbands (or wives as it is more often). These 'advisers' use a bingo machine to select the career of the child who visits, this child is then forbidden from changing career.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post a bit about Your Town Empty Re: Post a bit about Your Town

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 9:57 am

T'int in't T'in lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Thu May 20, 2010 10:09 am

sheilalma wrote:T'int in't T'in lol!

Hows it going She? Good to see you had a couple of winners yesterday Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

bitofatwat wrote:

i`m good boat, just been getting ready to go horseriding, siobhans off school today so we`re gonna go together, its frauke`s birthday today, she`s 11 now Smile
yeh seems i`m better at picking the winners when i havent spend the day studying the form HAHAHHA aw well, a winner is a winner i spose Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Thu May 20, 2010 10:22 am

sheilalma wrote:
bitofatwat wrote:

i`m good boat, just been getting ready to go horseriding, siobhans off school today so we`re gonna go together, its frauke`s birthday today, she`s 11 now Smile
yeh seems i`m better at picking the winners when i havent spend the day studying the form HAHAHHA aw well, a winner is a winner i spose Smile

Enjoy your ride She, weather ok there too? Looking nice for the weekend aswell bounce bounce bounce
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 10:23 am

bitofatwat wrote:
sheilalma wrote:
bitofatwat wrote:

Enjoy your ride She, weather ok there too? Looking nice for the weekend aswell bounce bounce bounce
yep lovely and warm here, was 23 degrees earlier Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 12:12 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Widnes

did you know the song homeward bound was written in Widnes Shocked

There is a tradition that the song Homeward Bound was written by Paul Simon on a Widnes station.[82] However a quote from Paul Simon reads as follows: "If you know Widnes, then you'll understand how I was desperately trying to get back to London as quickly as possible. Homeward Bound came out of that feeling."[83]

sporty spice went to my school Shocked kim cattrall is from widnes(sex and the city)

UFC fighter Michael Bisping is from Widnes

Mr T was actually in our local gym last week Shocked

http://www.knowhere.co.uk/Widnes/Cheshire/Northern-England/info/celebs

Kim Catrall (sam from sex in the city) lived here till she was 3!!
UFC fighter Michael Bisping was born in Widnes
spice girl, and Paul Simon wrote a song about how desperately he missed home when there, so an inspiring place, all in all
reggie bowden.spit the dog,simon or garfunkles auntie
JACK KELLY LAD. HE'S AMAZINGG. WE THOUGHT HE SHUD GO DOWN. SO HERE HE IS.
melanie c - from the spice girls
sean connolly muppet he is, nuff said

harry kewell, jennifer ellison
Pat and Jim Ledward from Kingsway who were the main leaders in Unitask Ltd , a community led group on Kingsway and has found funding for �100,000 for the Ball Park
the guy who invented the Lancaster bomber is from widnes but i dont know his name.
jennifer ellison lives in upton rocks and steven gerrards drinks in the tav
mel c from spice girls went to fairfield high in widnes n phil redmond ( man of grange hill, brookie and hollyoaks ) went the wad
A spice girl denies all knowledge of coming from widnes on tv, has a habit of buying her brother cars to smash up.
The Industrial Reveloution Started here making it the most poluted place ever!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 20, 2010 12:43 pm

One from St Helens just up the road Dex, is it about right?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/St_Helens
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://juicepunters.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 1:16 pm

back from horseriding, will post a pic up later if there`s any 1/2 decent ones LOL

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Admin wrote:One from St Helens just up the road Dex, is it about right?

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/St_Helens

st helens is probobly the biggest dump in the UK....i used to hate Widnes were i live but theres a lot being done to the town money wise, houses popping up near the river mersey ect....when the song homeward bound was wrote he coudnt have been more right, the town was a hell hole, as its bang in the middle of manchester and liverpool people now want to live here, the flat im in now which i admit i dont own as tripled in value since the year 2000.....if only i had the money to buy it back then Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down