Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous

2 posters

Go down

Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous Empty Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:34 pm

A fellow twitterer offered to review my CV as my company might be going down the shitter.

Turns out his dad went to the same secondary school as me (my mum,aunts & uncles also went there).

We later learn that our grandparents lived doors away on the same road and that his dad and my aunt were in the same year at school.

Small world, bizarrely as he doesn't live in London anymore and we would have never have known had he not extended that hand of goodwill to me.

Very Happy

Twitter it's the way forward!

Back to top Go down

Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous Empty Re: Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous

Post  morning_glory Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

It's one of those inexplicable things isn't it...Might he give you a job? Smile
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous Empty Re: Innocuous offer of goodwill proves serendipitous

Post  Guest Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:04 pm

No he wont be giving me a job, he's going to help me re-write my CV - if needed Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

That'd better not be a euphemism. If anyone is going to get the benefit of a dubious euphemism on here, I have a prior claim...

Small world, though. Wouldn't like to paint it, but.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:40 pm

In other news (this happened a 2 minute walk from my house):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/10552410.stm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:08 am

There will have been Londoners who'd have seen that today and thought "well if I take a left and go through Finsbury Park I might lose about five minutes tops..."

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:08 am

chips wrote:In other news (this happened a 2 minute walk from my house):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/10552410.stm

Funny i hadnt heard about that shooting choo, it doesnt appear to be getting the same media attention as that cunt Moat Rolling Eyes
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down