Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million?

2 posters

Go down

WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million? Empty WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm

yeah,
i know.
we all say what we'd do,
but really.
how do you keep a hold of something like that?
i mean,
where do you put it?
who do you trust?
it's a fkn nightmare. affraid

Back to top Go down

WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million? Empty Re: WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million?

Post  Guest Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:28 pm

I'd like to have that nitemare one day.

Back to top Go down

WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million? Empty Re: WHAT IF?you really did,win a £million?

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:28 am

You could do a million on property in next to no time, Eric. It's an attainable about of money in a society where the average 3-bed semi in the capital is about a third of that and even then the third bedroom is usually little better than a box. Someone who has sat tight for fifteen years, say, and done nothing but pay up on what now would in relative terms be a small mortgage is now sitting in what is still an item of huge inherent value, irrespective of the slump. At the same time, I wouldn't like to be a flat owner for investment purposes.

Not saying I would turn it down, mind, if someone was to give it me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:29 pm

buying property,
i wouldn't know where to start.
i take it you're talking about "buying to let".
don't you need a letting agent and stuff?
not that i ever see it being an issue for me.

i suppose if i had that amount of money,
it wouldn't be so much about the rents,
but just having tennants taking care of the investment.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:46 pm

A letting agent would just take the upkeep hassle out of it for you - collection of rents and such. I'd imagine the best place to do it under your own steam would be a student area, though - multirent under one roof, not likely to want to decorate or leave any vestiges.

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 pm

I'de have plastic surgery then fuck off.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:30 am

morning_glory wrote:I'de have plastic surgery then fuck off.

What would you have done, MG? Not the girls, obviously - you don't arse about with the good stuff... Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:13 pm

I'd buy cheap gold and quality watches off hard up people. Cool
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:19 am

Bert wrote:

What would you have done, MG? Not the girls, obviously - you don't arse about with the good stuff... Cool

facelift, eyelift, jawlift, boobs, liposuction.nose altered and an acid peel,for starters.leave the kids some money and go away for a time. Smile
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:40 am

i'd move to somewhere quiet,
and probably never go out again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:30 am

morning_glory wrote:
Bert wrote:

facelift, eyelift, jawlift, boobs, liposuction.nose altered and an acid peel,for starters.leave the kids some money and go away for a time. Smile

Can't have that - you don't mess with the girls... The nose would look wrong as well but having seen people who've had what is called cosmetic surgery but for non-cosmetic reasons, the face stuff has surprisingly natural-looking results.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down