Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice topical card game on ebay

2 posters

Go down

Nice topical card game on ebay Empty Nice topical card game on ebay

Post  bitofatwat Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:01 am

Perhaps a stocking filler idea?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-PLAYING-CARDS-/300497761923?pt=UK_Collectables_Paper_RL&hash=item45f70ff683

Very collectable and hard to get hold of nowadays, if you can pick it up for less than £6 its a nice little investment usually sells for anything upto £30 at collectors fairs

close up of the cards

http://www.authentichistory.com/diversity/african/children/1940s_Bobs_Yr_Uncle_Cardgame.html
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Nice topical card game on ebay Empty Re: Nice topical card game on ebay

Post  morning_glory Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:23 am

come to think of it ive never collected things.only books, but I read them so I suppose it doesnt count.
ive always fancied collecting Cranberry Glass, but of course never been able to afford it.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:47 am

Trouble with that, BOAT, is the subversion of language and society by basically, cunts.

40s USA was a segregated nation yet was supposedly fighting fascism (a great example of the hypocrisy of that was in '38, the Louis v Schmeling fight where the country got behind the bloke who couldn't piss in the same trough as others)... eventually when it could be arsed joining in.

A market that is tradeable, but has for me the same taint as Nazi memorabilia. And of course, Nazi memorabilia sells better than Allied memorabilia.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:01 am

Bert wrote:Trouble with that, BOAT, is the subversion of language and society by basically, cunts.

40s USA was a segregated nation yet was supposedly fighting fascism (a great example of the hypocrisy of that was in '38, the Louis v Schmeling fight where the country got behind the bloke who couldn't piss in the same trough as others)... eventually when it could be arsed joining in.

A market that is tradeable, but has for me the same taint as Nazi memorabilia. And of course, Nazi memorabilia sells better than Allied memorabilia.

Spoiler:

Agree entirely bert, I do have 3 mint sets of that pack plus a few packs with the swasitika on (good look symbol) and both allied and nazi decks. I buy them as an investment to be honest and if you drop on there's some good money in them
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 am

Terry Cobner

Nice topical card game on ebay Cobner10

was a big fucker and was once asked why he voted Labour.

"Because my grandmother would knife me otherwise" was his reply. I'd feel more than uncomfortable trading in something my own grandfather and his seven brothers ran around northern France and other places to stamp out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Auction of antique cards at Bonham's 17 January, BOAT

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:02 pm

Bert wrote:Auction of antique cards at Bonham's 17 January, BOAT

Just taking a look now bert

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.sh/WService=wslive_pub/pubweb/publicSite.r?sContinent=eur&screen=Catalogue&iSaleNo=17976

cheers
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:41 pm

You in for lot 24... Question Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Bert wrote:You in for lot 24... Question Razz

Bert i'd be tempted to give them a roll on the green. Would look nice in the mantle tho ...not a bad price really for such a relic, a pair of woods in the same lignum vitae would cost more than that guide price Shocked
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 pm

I know, I was surprised at the lowball value of the same - I'd imagine there are more than their fair share still of doughty clubs who'd have them in a cabinet as memorabilia or even as a trophy.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:27 pm

Bert wrote:I know, I was surprised at the lowball value of the same - I'd imagine there are more than their fair share still of doughty clubs who'd have them in a cabinet as memorabilia or even as a trophy.

Tons of sets of 4 old flat green woods about, they cost about £60 for a complete remodel, in fact all have to re -modelled from old lignum vitae as its now that scarce it protected i think
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:33 pm

They must be in grade A nick, though - you wouldn't fart around at Bonhams with a pair that took a direct hit in the Blitz, for example

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down