Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony

Go down

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony Empty For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony

Post  bitofatwat Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:08 pm

This should help....

Pope Condemns Scientology

Pope slammed the Church of Scientology for being "nothing more than an attempt to extract money from the dim witted." The Pontiff went on to announce that Scientology offered "the promise of an afterlife, based on nothing more than fiction." He concluded Sunday mass by demanding that the US revoke The Church of Scientology's tax exempt status- "these tricketsers are so rich because they demand followers donate their earnings in order to secure a place in the afterlife- just once I'd wish they'd indulge me and prove to me that they weren't just taking the money and using it to enhance themselves. What's worse is that they are now trying to spread their message through use of food to starving peoples of the world. I'm sure Scientology does some good but why do they have to tie it back to donating money and buying stupid accessories to indulge in nothing more than live action role playing game?"

Inside sources say the Pope was angry because a picture depicting him defalcating in the forest had recently published to internet site tmz.com

Can someone post it on PP, seems a few on there never fully understood it (irony)

Laughing

Last edited by bitofatwat on Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony Empty Re: For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:00 am

Can we just not mention PP at all?
Just get on with building this forum.

Back to top Go down

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony Empty Re: For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony

Post  Guest Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:48 am

"Like steely, only more magnetic and rusty"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:54 am

Here's irony for you.

First round, Australian Open, Justine Henin draws Sania Mirza.

Mirza has dropped to 145 in the world rankings "because of her chronic wrist problems". Yeah, she's not alone...

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony Sania_10

Henin used to have "Hardenne" affixed. I know that feeling

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:10 am

Bert wrote:Here's irony for you.

First round, Australian Open, Justine Henin draws Sania Mirza.

Mirza has dropped to 145 in the world rankings "because of her chronic wrist problems". Yeah, she's not alone...

For anyone who has a problem with the definition of Irony Sania_10

Henin used to have "Hardenne" affixed. I know that feeling

MOAR BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Indeed, BOAT. I honestly don't know where to look when she plays Serena Williams, but I need antipyretics to get me through it.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Bert wrote:Indeed, BOAT. I honestly don't know where to look when she plays Serena Williams, but I need antipyretics to get me through it.

lol! lol!
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:39 pm

Watching Living+1 and a programme about Tourette's and how it affects working life.

One bloke is a teacher in the States
One bloke from London who seems to have the lot (tics, ecolalia, coprolalia and so forth)
Another Brit who also is a lesbian who somehow wasn't diagnosed until her 30s

The two Brits were essentially fucked in the UK, went to the States and she's now an overpaid (well, she's a bigwig and she sells air for a living) advertising exec while he got a job with the US Postal Service (thereby being sane and looking mental among an organisation staffed by the mental who look sane). Both found partners over there. The bloke in particular would be stuck in a bedsit in a rotting parka getting the shit kicked out of him every time he ventures to Tesco in this country. In the US he has a defined duty in work, trains people and has a wife.

The teacher wins "Teacher of the Year" and what happens? A school in the UK invites him over to talk to them about disability awareness.

A bit fucking late, I think. It is a shocking state of affairs if this country has to take a lead off the fucking septics, the most morally bankrupt nation in the world, as well. The irony...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 pm

Good call Bert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:48 pm

surely they would have diagnosed her lesbian-ness before her 30s Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:51 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:surely they would have diagnosed her lesbian-ness before her 30s Suspect

Laughing Very good.

The point, though, Abdul, as you know, you fucking scamp, is she's a hugely successful executive advertising executive in the States.

In the UK she might as well have a t-shirt with "Tourette's Lezza" on it and you can find her in the Post Office queue on a Monday morning. That's the difference. The UK, you get a job with your dad, for your affiliations or because your tongue can reach the arsehole of any company shill you are asked to lick. Unless you're likely to get pregnant in the next five years, are of an off-white shade or need to inject yourself daily with insulin to live. That's the country we're in.

The US seem to address people not on who they are, but what they can do.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:07 am

Bert wrote:Watching Living+1 and a programme about Tourette's and how it affects working life.

One bloke is a teacher in the States
One bloke from London who seems to have the lot (tics, ecolalia, coprolalia and so forth)
Another Brit who also is a lesbian who somehow wasn't diagnosed until her 30s

The two Brits were essentially fucked in the UK, went to the States and she's now an overpaid (well, she's a bigwig and she sells air for a living) advertising exec while he got a job with the US Postal Service (thereby being sane and looking mental among an organisation staffed by the mental who look sane). Both found partners over there. The bloke in particular would be stuck in a bedsit in a rotting parka getting the shit kicked out of him every time he ventures to Tesco in this country. In the US he has a defined duty in work, trains people and has a wife.

The teacher wins "Teacher of the Year" and what happens? A school in the UK invites him over to talk to them about disability awareness.

A bit fucking late, I think. It is a shocking state of affairs if this country has to take a lead off the fucking septics, the most morally bankrupt nation in the world, as well. The irony...

Good stuff Bert.

pp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down