Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In running on the nags.

Go down

In running on the nags. Empty In running on the nags.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:10 pm

Anyone else here play properly?
Was with my mate on Sunday and he is in with 2 other blokes and they are doing it nearly full time.
One goes for a week at a time and they get a box and all their accounts are linked up so they all get the same proffit/loss.
Was telling me though that its a grand a week in expenses between them but they are getting 5k a month each on average.

Back to top Go down

In running on the nags. Empty Re: In running on the nags.

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:12 pm

They're lying

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 pm

Showed me his P+L for the last 9 months nobby.
He has just moved to a new gaff in bushey and has spent nearly 80K cash doing it up.
He is a very shrewd punter on the nags and this is just an additional income for him.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:19 pm

I play a fair few bets in running but not the type you mention Staggy....I get quite a few matched (usually lays) at the odds i want to balance what i have in a market.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:23 pm

I used to lay off some of my arbs at short prices boat but it just seemed the only fuckers ever matched were winners.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:33 pm

Staggy wrote:I used to lay off some of my arbs at short prices boat but it just seemed the only fuckers ever matched were winners.

Well you should reverese your method. You often get inside info that a horse is fancied so the weight of money contracts the price so much your not getting the true odds. So say if you get told a horse and its say for example 2.4 put up a bet for at least 1.5 pts higher in running so 3.9 ...that would be my advice. Also keep a track/record on all selections prices and strike rates, this should enable you to refine and tweak your staking to maximize any profit
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:35 pm

Like trying to pick up pennies in front of an oncoming truck. Too rich for my blood

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:57 pm

i do bir but usually it's like boat as i'll back and lay the same horse to give myself free bets when i'm following betting patterns though occasionally i'll back or lay something while i'm watching, one yesterday was cresswell crusader at lingfield which was a short price jolly but running like a pig and being hit half a mile out but still trading at 1.5ish and looking well dodgy, so i laid it

we usually stand in the same area as the ir boys at lingfield with their phones always on, i keep chucklin to myself that one day i'll take my phone jammer down and switch the fucker on just as the runners hit the 2F marker Laughing

obviously, that was a joke, i wouldn't really do that but it does raise a jolly laugh every time i mention it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:08 pm

They pay 240 a day for a box there abdul.
They get screens fast internet connections etc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:35 pm

the scruffy ir phone backers/layers at lingfield pay fuck all and just stand on the terraces rabbiting quietly away to someone talking horse numbers and when they reckon they've seen enough usually in the final furlong you hear them shouting "back it" or "lay it" to whoever is their 'computer bitch'

some of them are friendly enough and don't mind a bit of banter but they are mostly seen standing on their jack in all weather looking miserable as fuck, every time it's a blanket finish i walk back to the pre-parade ring smiling thinking "bet you got fuck all out of that one" Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

IMO Lingfield must be the worst course for in running as an example a 12f race there is = to 9f canter and 1f gallop and a 2f sprint, Jockeyship is more important than a horses stamina. However ive seen the odd enterprising ride with a jockey taking the race by the scruff of the neck and making it a proper gallop and test, usually with a middle distance sand bred performer. Also noticed a few jockeys on the inside deliberatly coming away fron the rail on the final turn causing most of the others to come so wide its often hard to get back into the race before its over. A good lesson would be to build up a video library on SKY+ and watch where the winners are coming from and running styles of each of the race distances at the track
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Funny enough boat that is their best track.
They also do Southall and Wolverhampton.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:14 pm

Also surely any decent punter would have a video library of races boat.
Even i bought the dvds when punting the dogs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:18 pm

i don't think races are run that differently at lingfield, if a jockey takes the inside rail he either doesn't want to win or is being thick

all race replays are free on the web anyway

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Staggy wrote:Funny enough boat that is their best track.

Southwell is much more to my liking, races at all trips always run at a true pace much much easier for me because i'm more into breeding and concentrate on the horses in the race as opposed to the midgets riding them, i usually play in all the card there, but just the odd races were i think ive got an edge at the other 3 AW courses.

Fair play if they to them if they have fathomed Lingfield, id me interested to know if its homework or just their own eyes that determines when to hit the bet button Wink
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:29 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:i don't think races are run that differently at lingfield, if a jockey takes the inside rail he either doesn't want to win or is being thick

Ive seen some very poor rides there Abdul, often wonder it the trainers are in on things together, noted a fair few hold up performers suddenly making the running etc and vice vera, I do better when there's 2 or 3 proven front runners in the race, seldom bet in running there if there's no true pace Wink
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:35 pm

Staggy

Do you know what advantage they have over tv pics? I've been told up to 6 seconds but that may not be from a reliable source.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:02 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:i don't think races are run that differently at lingfield, if a jockey takes the inside rail he either doesn't want to win or is being thick

Amen to that. Probably the singlemost event in racing that, while watching, makes you go "no, no, noooooo, you stupid fucking bastard".

With maybe the exception of staying low at Newcastle in a sprint on quick ground

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:07 am

bitofatwat wrote:
Staggy wrote:Funny enough boat that is their best track.

Southwell is much more to my liking, races at all trips always run at a true pace much much easier for me because i'm more into breeding and concentrate on the horses in the race as opposed to the midgets riding them, i usually play in all the card there, but just the odd races were i think ive got an edge at the other 3 AW courses.

Fair play if they to them if they have fathomed Lingfield, id me interested to know if its homework or just their own eyes that determines when to hit the bet button Wink

And when a mate of mine used to run one of his, if on the sand it was to exclusion at Southwell - hoss was a stubborn fucker that was one-paced but resolute and basically needed to hit the front off a good gallop a long way out and carry it on and try and stay there - because it was a galloper's surface. Its standard is apparently in the region of good to soft or maybe even slightly worse and as he always says "it isn't easy for horses to go past you".

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down