Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth Taylor dies

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elizabeth Taylor dies - Page 2 Empty Re: Elizabeth Taylor dies

Post  bitofatwat Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Elizabeth Taylor dies - Page 2 Taylor10
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:18 pm

she was a true beauty. bitch. Mad
rip.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:27 pm

Am I a bad person for being a bit nonplussed by it all? I also believe Fred Titmuss died (Fuckin' 'ell, has anyone told Half Man Half Biscuit?) which shook me more, but mainly because I thought he'd died in the 80s and Middlesex had nurtured one of the undead - a zombie if you would (although we're not using the "z" word).

Can't hold with the charity argument at all though, simply on the grounds that the fucking idiot Prince Charles married is practically a plaster saint when in fact she was an arch-manipulatrix of everything but in particular charities to further her own sef-aggrandisement.

And Elton John, Paul McCartney, Lakshmi Mittal and that Soros bloke aren't in constant demand to buy Sunshine Variety Club of Great Britain coaches. Destroying personal wealth for charitable purposes was not the way forward for any government of this country in over thirty years minimum (remember that Taylor is of course British in the same vein as that Lord Ashcroft twat). Seeking a revolution in social responsibility is laudable and I'd stand shoulder to shoulder with it but we can't adhere to existing legislation and societal provisions regarding elements of society who have rights yet need to rely on charitable organisations. That we refer to the latter rather than the former isn't going to be helped by chucking money at it and in a country where corporations are king and piss away what is in fact on calculation our money by cheeky tax footwork and loophole-widening, suggesting the chucking the money of individuals at it to address it is offensive and a double standard. It's cheap volunteerism, or The Big Society, if you would.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:28 am

well written as usual Bert but in short, what you're saying is "she died, so what"

i agree

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:52 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:well written as usual Bert but in short, what you're saying is "she died, so what"

i agree

I think death in general is sad, it as a profound effect on those left behind. Unless your one of the twats from punters place... then its

bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:05 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:well written as usual Bert but in short, what you're saying is "she died, so what"

i agree

Indeed, Abdul, but also that Tesco's profits don't go to the nation's collective purse. You can't really vilify her for the same. Come on, you must have seen this coming from me...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:53 am

Agreed, i'm just saying that her death should be no more significant than any others who were all to a person so much poorer than her

in which case don't do the luvvy "rip" "she was a beauty" "great person" etc when she was just another actor who got lucky and was really a selfish munting old fat soak

rip everybody, eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:29 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:i donate to one charity every year and that's the RNLI and i am not worth a billion, in fact my 'real' spending power has reduced each year for the past few and will continue to do so and this year i'm sponsoring some tart a ton for another charity to do the london marathon purely because she has nice tits and i was drunk - i give enough

i'm don't have the money to really save people's lives but she could have done it without noticing - that's the fucking difference

get real

Elizabeth Taylor dies - Page 2 189864 Elizabeth Taylor dies - Page 2 189864 Elizabeth Taylor dies - Page 2 189864 lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:51 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:Agreed, i'm just saying that her death should be no more significant than any others who were all to a person so much poorer than her

in which case don't do the luvvy "rip" "she was a beauty" "great person" etc when she was just another actor who got lucky and was really a selfish munting old fat soak

rip everybody, eh?

In all fairness, she might have impacted on some people's life through the silver screen or in some other way - classic transference and coping mechanisms through fanmail are, for some people, whatever gets them through the day.

I didn't have an opinion on her, tbh - she was before my time and not in any of my favoured genres. She wasn't obtrusive to me. I have problems with the likes of Prince Charles's ex-wife because she was the Jordan of her day but somehow hoodwinked the public into thinking she was in fact in line for Pope. I certainly wouldn't line a road to throw lilies at a car carrying a box of her relics (yes, I said it). That's fucking madness.

Your last line would fit Elvis, btw. Again, not a fan but I can see why he'd have a cult of personality through perceived talent. He was also, however, the right person in the right place at the right time. Napoleon liked his generals to have above all luck in their armoury. Gary Player got luckier the more he practised. The qualification of ability has been eroded over the years so that any prick can be famous, but it's far harder to be famous for some actual ability. She had that where the Spencer woman didn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 pm

i haven't read the thread,
AT all.
but i will say this;
she wasn't a sex siren imhu,
she wasn't ugly,
and she had a normal female body.
she had tits,
woo fuckin hoo.

Back to top Go down