Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a url I bought

Go down

a url I bought Empty a url I bought

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:44 pm

In a mad rush to get involved with affiliate marketing via amazon I bought a few URL's end of last year , then after my hast realised they contained trademark names and didnt do anything with them

One of the ones I bought (basically to have amazon baby products , that people click through to buy and I get 5% commission) was philipsavent.co.uk , because there are loads of searches for 'Philips avent' , >1600 a month in the UK , it would come up high in the google rank

So this is the deal 'philips' is trademarked 'avent' is trademarked , but I have philipsavent...........which is not trademarked as a single word

It did occur to me that if I could invent a company called 'Philip Savant marketing' or some such shit which would then mean I was just using my company URL........ does anyone think that would work?

The penalty for fucking with them is generally a solicitors letter telling you to remove the website and transfer the url to them or face court actions Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

a url I bought Empty Re: a url I bought

Post  bitofatwat Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Kit wrote:In a mad rush to get involved with affiliate marketing via amazon I bought a few URL's end of last year , then after my hast realised they contained trademark names and didnt do anything with them

One of the ones I bought (basically to have amazon baby products , that people click through to buy and I get 5% commission) was philipsavent.co.uk , because there are loads of searches for 'Philips avent' , >1600 a month in the UK , it would come up high in the google rank

So this is the deal 'philips' is trademarked 'avent' is trademarked , but I have philipsavent...........which is not trademarked as a single word

It did occur to me that if I could invent a company called 'Philip Savant marketing' or some such shit which would then mean I was just using my company URL........ does anyone think that would work?

The penalty for fucking with them is generally a solicitors letter telling you to remove the website and transfer the url to them or face court actions Evil or Very Mad

Sounds very feasable kit, i suppose the only way of finding out is to give it a go and just plead ignorant
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down