Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case

2 posters

Go down

Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case Empty Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case

Post  bitofatwat Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:01 pm

Ashley Alford sued Aaron's in a sexual harassment lawsuit. The jury awarded her a verdict against the company to the tune of $95 million.

Aaron's Inc. is a national rent-to-own furniture store. The plaintiff, Ashley Alford, a former employee, claimed that she suffered humiliating and degrading sexual harassment from the store manager at the branch where she worked, reports the New York Daily News.

The harassment began shortly after she began working at an Aaron's branch in St. Louis in 2005, according to the New York Daily News.

Richard Moore, then the store manager of the branch, nicknamed Alford "Trixie." He then groped her breasts and commented about her looks, reports Reuters. The other male employees at the branch also joined in a campaign to harass her.

The harassment culminated in 2006. Alford was in the back stockroom when Moore came up to her, removed his genitals from his pants and then hit her top of the head with his penis, reports Reuters. A month later, he then harassed her by pushing her down onto a sofa, lifting up her shirt and masturbating on top of her.

Alford says that she called the company sexual harassment hotline but that her message was never returned, reports Reuters. She sued Aaron's in 2008.

Why would Aaron's be liable for Moore's actions? Generally, companies can be liable for the sexual harassment conducted by their employees if they have knowledge or should have knowledge that sexual harassment is taking place but they take no steps to prevent or safeguard their employees from the harassment.

Alford said that she called the company's sexual harassment hotline. As a result, the message she left would have informed Aaron's about the sexual harassment going on in the St. Louis branch, and the company should have done something to help rectify the situation - like fire Moore.

For Aaron's, a sexual harassment lawsuit has led to a $95 million verdict - though Alford's former attorney says that due to federal caps on damages, the damages award will likely be reduced to around $40 million, reports the New York Daily News
[quote]

I reckon i'd have let him go balls deep up my arse for $95 million affraid
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case Empty Re: Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 pm

bitofatwat wrote:
I reckon i'd have let him go balls deep up my arse for $95 million affraid

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case Empty Re: Women awarded $95m in sexual harassment case

Post  NotBert Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 pm

Sexual Harrassment Hotline?

Wouldn't you want to ring that and say "Just how hot? Baby? Keep talking, I'm with you, ohhhh yeahhhh"

I doubt there's $95m worth of cock at the site, somehow. Although I also culminated a few times in 2006.

Worthy case, obviously, but you feel the award is that much because they wanted to show in the press that her boss jizzed all over her. The USA - willing to chuck cash at humiliation at levels we have yet to even consider in the UK
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 pm

NotBert wrote:

I doubt there's $95m worth of cock at the site, somehow.
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:30 pm

NotBert wrote:Sexual Harrassment Hotline?

Wouldn't you want to ring that and say "Just how hot? Baby? Keep talking, I'm with you, ohhhh yeahhhh"

I doubt there's $95m worth of cock at the site, somehow. Although I also culminated a few times in 2006.

Worthy case, obviously, but you feel the award is that much because they wanted to show in the press that her boss jizzed all over her. The USA - willing to chuck cash at humiliation at levels we have yet to even consider in the UK

Yep the spaffing on chebs clinched the deal bert Laughing
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Truth be told, we should see what she looks like. It's either hatred of her or the boss she looks like she goes like the toilet door on an ocean going prawn trawler and fancies his chances. Which again is mainly hatred.

But I'm curious, if just to wonder why a bloke would twat her on the head with his twig and berries
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:42 pm

NotBert wrote: she looks like she goes like the toilet door on an ocean going prawn trawler
lol!

Back to top Go down