Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fail

Go down

Fail Empty Fail

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:03 am

A jilted lover who planned to go out in a 'blaze of glory' when he smashed his car into his ex-lover's sitting room at 80mph was today jailed for at least seven and a half years. Tara Lavery, 41, felt her whole house shake and rushed downstairs in her dressing gown to find salon owner Edmund Bruton sitting in his black Peugeot 206 in her lounge surrounded by rubble. The jealous businessman believed Ms Lavery had found another man following the end of the relationship. Twice married Bruton, 42, drunk a litre of anti-freeze before trying to kill Ms Lavery and whoever else happened to be there in the crash. He hoped to 'take out as many people possible' in the failed death mission which demolished the garden wall and front of her property in South View Avenue, Caversham, near Reading, Berkshire, on the early afternoon of February 26, this year.

Fail 882526

Back to top Go down

Fail Empty Re: Fail

Post  NotBert Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:23 pm

When I was young my father said to me: “Knowledge is Power….Francis Bacon” I understood it as “Knowledge is power, France is Bacon”. For more than a decade I wondered over the meaning of the second part and what was the surreal linkage between the two? If I said the quote to someone, “Knowledge is power, France is Bacon” they nodded knowingly. Or someone might say, “Knowledge is power” and I’d finish the quote “France is Bacon” and they wouldn’t look at me like I’d said something very odd but thoughtfully agree. I did ask a teacher what did “Knowledge is power, France is bacon” meant and got a full 10 minute explanation of the Knowledge is power bit but nothing on “France is bacon”. When I prompted further explanation by saying “France is Bacon?” in a questioning tone I just got a “yes”. at 12 I didn’t have the confidence to press it further. I just accepted it as something I’d never understand. It wasn’t until years later I saw it written down that the penny dropped.

http://m0.tumblr.com/post/2733797889/france-is-bacon
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:26 pm

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down