Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Go down

99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Empty 99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:34 pm

if that track was inspired by leverkusen.
fans waving red balloons.
now that couldn't happen in england.
they really DO look HAPPY BUNCH.

Back to top Go down

99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Empty Re: 99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:04 pm

While at a June 1982 concert by the Rolling Stones in West Berlin, Nena's guitarist Carlo Karges noticed that balloons were being released. As he watched them move toward the horizon, he noticed them shifting and changing shapes, where they looked like strange spacecraft (referred to in the German lyrics as a "UFO"). He thought about what might happen if they floated over the Berlin Wall to the Soviet sector.
Both the English and German versions tell about two children who buy 99 balloons at a toy shop and release them into the air, where faulty East German radar equipment registers the balloons as incoming weapons. The government immediately put their troops on red alert and scrambles fighter jets to intercept, which ultimately triggers a nuclear war between East and West. In the apocalyptic aftermath, the song's narrator stands in the rubble of the city and finds a single remaining balloon. Thinking of someone, she then lets the balloon go. The music was composed by Uwe Fahrenkrog-Petersen, the keyboardist of Nena's band, while Karges wrote the original German lyrics.

Back to top Go down

99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Empty Re: 99 red balloons,i wonder,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Post  Guest Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:20 pm

interesting.

really. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum