Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed.

Go down

not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed. Empty not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:24 am

just had some warmed up dinner.
and swilled it down with a can.
i got fuck all to do,
nothing to read,
so wtf?
Sleep

Back to top Go down

not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed. Empty Re: not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:00 pm

Shocked

Back to top Go down

not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed. Empty Re: not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed.

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:23 pm

Had to crash myself this morning. Dragged a washing machine about the kitchen and used too many spoons too quickly
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:23 pm

NotBert wrote:Had to crash myself this morning. Dragged a washing machine about the kitchen and used too many spoons too quickly

that begs a question.

so okay,
i'll ask it.

washing machine?"spoons"? scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 pm

NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:29 pm

bert,
i found that interesting.
sort of understood,
i think. scratch

it is thought proving stuff.
we know some-one who has lupus.
well,
wifey does.

it DOES make you think though.

and now your answer to my question begs another.

how on earth do you find stuff like that?
i mean,
where the hell are you,
metaphorically speaking i suppose.
or rather your trains of thought,
where the fuck do you go?
mental venturings and meanderings,
off beaten tracks etc.

oh dear,
if i don't stop now,
i may just disappear up my own arse. not quite mid-day,and i'm off to bed. 523193

i wonder,
tooooooooooooo much. Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Anyone with a disability trying to explain what it's like to someone without always struggles.

I used to be a stand-up trainer, I imparted knowledge to people and I was bloody good at it. I could find examples of how you were when you had a disability and how it fucks you up but never had something that explained it fully.

That explains it fully. Everyone who is not ill, not disabled, never has to count spoons. They didn't know about spoons in the first place. With a fluctuating condition, on the remission/activity cycle (lupus is a prime example) no matter how well you feel, every day you have finite spoons - at some point you empty out completely when that last spoon goes.

Every day brings a different number and you don't have any idea until the day begins.
You don't do some things to preserve the spoons
You can occasionally buy back a spoon with a bit if sleep, say
You always try and keep one in reserve.
When the last one is gone, you can do nothing else.
Everyone's spoons are different. The worse your condition on a given day, the more basic the spoon is (bath/shower/none at all could be 2-1-0, on another day it's 0-0-0).

The washing machine this morning was a shoving exercise (still full), empty and hang the wet stuff, mop up the overflow with towels and wring them out, repeat. It was too much and I needed an hour downtime to get it back. Mowed the grass later, in four shifts. Drink and eat in between, bit of web time to keep me alert. Will tire soon enough but as I stand, I'm still kicking.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:57 pm

As to where it comes from, Eric, disability activism. It's something I'm involved in and there is no more concerted group in action than a group of people who share the same struggles because it's all facets of the same stone.

A pool of knowledge rarely shrinks
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:06 pm

NotBert wrote:
A pool of knowledge rarely shrinks

that's true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum