Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how is this a good thing?

Go down

how is this a good thing? Empty how is this a good thing?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:22 pm

The Conservative manifesto includes plans to stop discrimination against older people in the workplace by ending retirement at 65

this is fucking blatant double speak and spin.

who the fuck wants to work past 65?

Back to top Go down

how is this a good thing? Empty Re: how is this a good thing?

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:24 pm

Kit wrote:
The Conservative manifesto includes plans to stop discrimination against older people in the workplace by ending retirement at 65

this is fucking blatant double speak and spin.

who the fuck wants to work past 65?

Only a cunt would want to work after that age. I'm coming up 61 and even if I had a sound heart, the last thing I'd want to be wasting my life on would be working.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 pm

what a bunch of tory wankers

"We will stop any employer stopping you working after 65"

eh?

thank fuck they wont win

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 pm

That's already law, Kit. There is a sliding scale that ramps it up to 67 in a few years time, but age legislation is such now that whereas you still can retire at 65, you'd be hard pressed to enforce a retirement on someone on age grounds.

If their manifesto states that they will remove retirement age completely, then we should all have a read of Animal Farm again. What the fuck are we (supposedly) paying NI for?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:33 pm

Bert wrote:That's already law, Kit. There is a sliding scale that ramps it up to 67 in a few years time, but age legislation is such now that whereas you still can retire at 65, you'd be hard pressed to enforce a retirement on someone on age grounds.

If their manifesto states that they will remove retirement age completely, then we should all have a read of Animal Farm again. What the fuck are we (supposedly) paying NI for?

Its more like a return to wigan fucking pier, with the old living in a doss house.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:43 pm

I think he's basically made the noise that "if you want to work on, we'll prevent an employer stopping you".

Legislation of 2006 effectively states that
Employers are not allowed to recruit, train, promote or retire people on the basis of age, unless it can be objectively justified. Employers can cite 'objective justification’ as grounds for escaping the legislative provisions

Practice will be that any company who enforce a retirement on someone who doesn't want it will lose the grey pound from their balance sheet, and seniors vote in record numbers. So they won't do it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:49 pm

those bastards wont ever get in again.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down