Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG...

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Empty Cartoon women - to further confuse MG...

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:19 pm

...I'll go off road on this thread and go into what I am convinced is the huge boys' club that is cartoonery, even at the most basic child level. More to come...

Back to top Go down

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Empty Re: Cartoon women - to further confuse MG...

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:33 pm

Leading off with the queen:

Mrs Incredible - AKA Helen Parr.

Mother of three, voiced by Holly Hunter so we have a bit of a start already, but The Incredibles was a film that Brad Bird was given an almost free rein to make by John Lasseter - it's darker than other Disney/Pixar (a PG, indeed), it is no. 180 in the IMDB top 250.

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Elasti10

Not convinced? Here's the shot for the boys

And every dad in the world sits up at 0.54

Back to top Go down

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Empty Re: Cartoon women - to further confuse MG...

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Now you usually find yourself looking at Penrod Pooch (Penry) and waiting for the filing cabinet/ironing board/dumpster sequence during Hong Kong Phooey but if you do, you miss Rosemary.

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Rosema10

Unconvinced? You think her "speccy"? (Incidentally, this is nowhere near a deal breaker in women in general, but specifically not in cartoons - if you suit them, they suit me...)

Think again.

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Hkpgro10

Fantastic pins, you have to agree...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 pm

The role of Hades is one of James Woods's personal favourites and he is happy to reprise it at no notice because of the adlibbing he got to try out in the film. His big mistake, though, was to harm Meg in the film as Hercules then got to drop him in a Peloponnesian minute...

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Megara10

"It's been a real slice..."

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Controversial? I think not. The next one after this might be, though...

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:45 pm

Killer rack

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:46 pm

I will never understand the predilictions of men. Rolling Eyes
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 pm

It's something for the dads within the frame of the kids' world, MG. Granted, Mrs Incredible goes beyond that (the story is loosely built around Brad Bird's life in part, so I imagine his wife must have a fine ass) because it isn't strictly a kids' film, but the older I get, the more I see it.

Josie and the Pusycats, for example... WTF is that all about?

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Jpcats10

(In order, the black one, the redhead, the blonde)

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:54 pm

I get the subtle adult humour in films like Shrek etc, but not the sex appeal.oh wait, I had a crush on Jonny Quest in the 60's,but i was only a girl Embarassed
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:02 pm

Now the thing people are likely to be waiting for is Jessica Rabbit. No, not going to happen. That was deliberate, she was there to look spectacular. Doesn't do the job.

The thing is, an animator when drawing a woman is somewhere along the line going to draw a character he wants to see. So he ain't going to draw ugly unless the role demands ugly. Takes an older man to appreciate Velma because everyone is swayed by the hair and slimness of Daphne, for example. Same as it was always Betty over Wilma but now... a toss-up - threeway, maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Colett10

Colette in Ratatouille.

Looks French, has attitude and frankly, you'd have her tea ready when she got home. I can handle that, it'd be like sitting just that little bit too close to the fire or getting into a monkey bath...

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Q10

all my dreams dashed, I didnt remember him like that. No
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 pm

Drawn by a man for girls, MG. Never going to be great.

Mulan committing a cardinal sin...

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Mulan410

Marge not.

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Margeh10

Wearing your hair down is a cartoon must...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:08 am

I do love a redhead...

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Kim_possible

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 am

Who is in turn her mother's daughter...

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... 29248510

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:29 am

Remiss of me to get so far with my avatar and not put up Nani Pelekai

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... Mv5bmt10

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:38 am

quite Rolling Eyes
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:40 am

well im hoffmans as they say, got a busy day. Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... 38011
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:05 pm

Malina

Cartoon women - to further confuse MG... 010

On the left...

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:43 am

its official, men are weird ( I may have already said this before)
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Come on now, MG, if someone drew you, cartoon-style, and you approved, let's face it, you'd be showing, well, the boys the girls, wouldn't you? It's like the wedding thing - every bride has the right to look beautiful.

Now revering cartoon brides would be weird... there's nothing sensible in stealing a 2D character's intended. Even Elastigirl in her wedding kit doesn't do it for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 am

i understand how a guy could get into the hentai stuff but not any of this What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:01 am

We don't live in Hentai though, MJ. We don't live in cartoons at all but they're cartoons that are made to imitate reality to a degree. You could see a Mrs Incredible on the street (albeit not in costume...) but you're not likely to see a large-eyed, 4-inch waisted 32JJ woman who is part rabbit.

Except in certain parts of Northumberland, West Lancashire and Leicestershire (notably Frisby-on-the-Wreake)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:39 am

lol! are there conventions for like minded people where you can see mrs incredible in costume Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:10 pm

There probably are. I'm not of that culture, though. It's a bit disturbing going to any of the Disney parks, though, and seeing her. Laughing

Especially as (i) her husband will be near and (ii) it'll be a bloke inside the suit.

I'd still fuck him, though. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next