Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

simple recipes for fish

Go down

simple recipes for fish Empty simple recipes for fish

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

anybody got any?

i expect i will mostly be catching bass, codling, dogfish, flounder, plaice, sole and whiting with the possibility of a ray or two, unless i can find an outlet for the eels i'll just chuck 'em back

been a while since i fished lots but moving to the coast it would be rude not to catch fresh dinner as often as possible

simple recipes mainly, will have to google the batter for fish and chips, maybe a local chippy will swap me some for fish Question

Back to top Go down

simple recipes for fish Empty Re: simple recipes for fish

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:44 pm

just coat it with butter and mixed herbs,
wrap in bacofoil,
and bung in the oven.
not sure about gas mark,
or cooking time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm

cheers eric, if i catch too many i'll pop them in the post to you Very Happy

Last edited by Abdul Kowalski on Wed May 18, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Most fish is best just grilled and served with new potatos and very cold white wine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 4:05 pm

living on the coast and being able to catch fresh codling amongst other fish, it would be rude not to have the slippery little cunts served warm in tasty batter with chips, salt and vinegar within an hour of pulling the bastards out the sea Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:24 am

I made a fish pie yesterday that if I could have enjoyed it more, I'd have had a fishy cock at the end of it and I'm not ruling it out, there's still a bit left and I'm getting a bit aroused just typing this.  Sorry, where was I?

Oh yes.  I was going to point out that for all the fucking chefs in the world who piss you off no end, you can take Raymond Blanc out of the line.  When making a fish pie, he said "don't cook the fish"**.  Absolute fucking genius in its simplicity.  Sort your spuds out, let them go cool/cold, sort your sauce out, even let that cool, but don't cook the fish - it'll dry out and you'll end up with shitty flakes, just bake it as you were going to, that will cook it enough.  So I didn't, what I did was add it to the cream/milk/flour/parsley sauce when I took it off the heat and put it straight in the dish.  You could see that the salmon was cooking in the residual heat and it came out forty minutes later with big chunky bits of fish, whole roasted shallots (which I had prepared earlier), mushrooms and I put some hard boiled eggs in as well.  Will add some broccoli next time, I reckon.

Blanc.  I could show him a bit of Blanc, the randy French fucker... simple recipes for fish 392373

**I do exactly the same thing with squid in paella. Simply hadn't occurred to me or any other fucking chef out there.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:41 pm

simple recipes for fish 47620

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down