Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The gullible mind explained

Go down

The gullible mind explained Empty The gullible mind explained

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:13 pm

Governments never lie

But how does this work inside their heads? It's an interesting process. Gullible Mind people do believe it is possible for a government (or institution) to lie; but they believe that governments, institutions and doctors choose NOT to lie even when it would serve their own self interests to do so.

Follow this carefully, because this is the fascinating part. These Gullible Mind people effectively believe that even though a government official could lie about something, they would never actually do so. And why wouldn't they? Because, ultimately, the Gullible Mind crowd believes that governments, institutions and mainstream media outlets operate from a sort of honor code. So even if it were in the interests of our own government to lie to us, it would never happen because that would violate this imaginary honor code.

Where does this honor code exist? Where is it written down? Nowhere, of course. It is imaginary. But to The Gullible Mind, it seems real. Interestingly, even though this "honor code" only exists in the imagination of The Gullible Mind person, they project this honor code onto sources of authority, imagining that they abide by it.

Extreme gullibility

This is how The Gullible Mind person believes that network news always reports the truth. The news networks have a sense of "honor," they believe, and this sense of honor requires them to always report the truth and never manipulate the news for any nefarious purposes. So news networks never "shape" the news and they only report what is factually true without any consideration whatsoever of politics or advertiser profits.

This view of the world is, of course, laughably naive. And yet it is the core belief system of at least half the population -- the Gullible Mind half that believes everything it is told by its own government, media or authority figures.

Interestingly, the Gullible Mind is also inwardly gullible because it does not recognize its own gullibility. Instead, it believes it is operating as a Rational Mind. This false Rational Mind believes it functions as a critical filter of incoming information, but even this is self deception. In truth, this false Rational Mind is on "auto filter" so that it filters out any information that conflicts with the information it is receiving from official sources.

This is the key to understanding the Gullible Mind -- it isn't the quality of the information itself that matters; it is the confirmation of the story from official sources that "makes it real" in the Gullible Mind.

Back to top Go down

The gullible mind explained Empty Re: The gullible mind explained

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Don't bother arguing with a Gullible Mind - they are immune to FACTS

Their rational mind is completely shut off on the topic. No accumulation of facts can, at that point, rattle their "reality." For example, a person who believes the government's story of 9/11 has already embraced the Easter Bunny version of terrorists flying airplanes into the World Trade Center towers. So how did this act cause the WTC 7 building to collapse in a demolition-style free-fall a few hours later, when WTC 7 was never struck by airplanes? How can a steel and concrete building suddenly and magically collapse in perfect structural synchronicity merely from being on fire?

The answers don't matter to The Gullible Mind, you see. There is no room for facts inside their heads, because all the space has been taken up with what is essentially a cult-like belief in institutions of authority.

Last edited by Mad Tony on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm

The gullible mind explained 882526

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:16 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote: The gullible mind explained 882526
The gullible mind explained 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:28 pm

The gullible mind explained Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKtmwMRlsH3c8hW8l1RxgZXsCHH6b7hS1jfhQP2mw3D1B9uoxk4w

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:40 pm

I have come to the conclusion after many years that I am a minute cog in a wheel as big as the earth and I cant change anything.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:02 pm

morning_glory wrote:I have come to the conclusion after many years that I am a minute cog in a wheel as big as the earth and I cant change anything.

You CAN change things.
I know, I have.

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:05 pm

I used to be involved with animal welfare, i even supported the miners wives during the strike, but recently during the last few years ive been too immersed with my own problems.its as if I dont care.

what have you changed?
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm

The gullible mind explained V-iC0cXsPnBLMBZ6qwHWngxmwJ_f0WeLyQTvL8xPKZ_bE25sJFHfyIs0ijKyGYFO4EVaTufRMrwHsAi-IxtdPblV7Jd9tHMu8aB2VqB6dPI6I5kyeuFv5mpUhR1YW7xx25OEEUCSHuJIjZUk5Dwlig_Hotib7O7xfFIE=s90-c

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:06 pm

probably his pants - the ones on his head

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:08 pm

sorry but lol!
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:15 pm

Fuck off both of you.....pair of cunts

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 pm

The gullible mind explained 882526
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 pm

actually I was curious.I admire people like that.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down