Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  NotBert Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:46 am

3-0 at Llangefni on Friday and that's one hand on the trophy - six to play and nine points could see us guaranteed champions before the cup semi
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:00 pm

Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709 Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709 Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709 Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709 Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709 Cup Final Tickets - Page 21 73709

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:29 am

Hayesy leaves for Holywell.

I nearly wept. He's been a Trojan, a career from third tier to Welsh Cup winner and European veteran, skipper for all of it, retired, spent the last minutes of his record 212 Town appearances in the Prem as a 'keeper and kept a clean sheet, unretired to come back when we were fucked, carried the side on no end of occasions and when we were set again and Gibbo came back, he stepped back from the mentor role to the promoted kids he'd fulfilled to keep us afloat.

He's 38 and he's signed there to try and get them over the line and back into the second tier when the season reconvenes. I think he'll pack in again at the end of the season although he is still a stand out in the position (and is a former striker as well, so has a second string) and could do a job for at least another year.

Club legend. I'd say we'll miss him but I doubt he'll disappear from Bastion Gardens
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:04 pm

Sounds quite a character Bert.
I have some worse news for you......this season is never coming back.
I'd be surprised if football ever comes back to be honest.
Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:28 pm

A lot of grassroots will go to the wall, Tone. Rhyl have four days left before they go under unless someone picks up the reins. This is Rhyl, who, chequered decade or so notwithstanding, go back to 1879. The cricket club is in dire straits as well because the social bookings and bar money are its lifeblood.

This is the trouble with the Toyota assembly line society we are now. We're about four days of disruption from anarchy. If Putin turns off the gas, we're fucked because any storage is now decommissioned historical curiosity by the Oval
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:39 pm

Shit, where did the week go?

Briefest of briefs - Rhyl have had a stay of execution and may yet pull themselves out of the mire. They need £175k as business expenses from sponsors and so forth to stay afloat and get another season in the current environment and could have up to three sensible offers to help.

Town have failed in their top tier licence application but as it stands, there will be a maximum eleven in the top flight next season as I think they're applying more rigorous standards - I know Flint failed as well and they've had it without need to appeal for several years now. Town need to have planning permission for a TV gantry... and that's it. I doubt that's much of a stumbling block - the council have been historically very supportive and if there were an issue with the Bastion Gardens side, the nearest neighbour the other side is the pavilion on the far side of the cricket club and I don't think the ghost of Martin Walsh would object to making a bit of room for Premier football. It's a one strand appeal
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:34 am

Didn't get the licence, Rhyl folded, the owner sold Town and the new owner is running it into the ground. Aces
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21