Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coming back to the UK

Go down

Coming back to the UK Empty Coming back to the UK

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:11 pm

I've decided I'm coming back next year. Cant be dealing with teaching english any more. I work my bloody arse off for these students and they go behind my back and complain my classes are not 'fun' . Well, fuck me, are you here to study or have play time. Seriously, these fuckwits haven't a clue about the real world.

My actual real job is preparing them for the Ielts exam. Which is a language proficiency test designed to assess their level of English. They then take this test to either gain access to top universities abroad or achieve a scholarship. So, you would think they'd take it a bit more seriously. fuck this, fuck them, fuck the school. cant believe i might lose my job over my classes not being 'fun'.

WANKERS!. Rant over.

Back to top Go down

Coming back to the UK Empty Re: Coming back to the UK

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:18 pm

is that your gf shane , with her lunch Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 pm

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:39 pm

she looks very nice

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:20 pm

shane wrote:I've decided I'm coming back next year. Cant be dealing with teaching english any more. I work my bloody arse off for these students and they go behind my back and complain my classes are not 'fun' . Well, fuck me, are you here to study or have play time. Seriously, these fuckwits haven't a clue about the real world.

My actual real job is preparing them for the Ielts exam. Which is a language proficiency test designed to assess their level of English. They then take this test to either gain access to top universities abroad or achieve a scholarship. So, you would think they'd take it a bit more seriously. fuck this, fuck them, fuck the school. cant believe i might lose my job over my classes not being 'fun'.

WANKERS!. Rant over.

Shane anychance you can throw in some fun activities for them to do, is it usually after the first 1/2 hour they get bored? this is the time to slip in some fun games / activities to break up any boredom ...i'm sure you can find plenty of ESOL lesson plans and activities on line.

Good luck
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:01 am

bitofatwat wrote:
shane wrote:I've decided I'm coming back next year. Cant be dealing with teaching english any more. I work my bloody arse off for these students and they go behind my back and complain my classes are not 'fun' . Well, fuck me, are you here to study or have play time. Seriously, these fuckwits haven't a clue about the real world.

WANKERS!. Rant over.

Shane anychance you can throw in some fun activities for them to do, is it usually after the first 1/2 hour they get bored? this is the time to slip in some fun games / activities to break up any boredom ...i'm sure you can find plenty of ESOL lesson plans and activities on line.

Good luck

Yes mate, you're right. That is exactly what i and other teachers would do when teaching general english. However, the subject matter that i teach is different and not appropriate. It would also be a waste of their time and the constraints of the syllabus does not allow it either. For example, i teach how to write essays and reports using academic language. I also teach them how to analyse abstract questions and time management. A game like pining the tail on the donkey would be completely pointless. Smile These are not children I am teaching. They are young adults aged between 18 to 25. Sometimes even older.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:03 am

missj wrote:she looks very nice

She is lovely and her real beauty lies within. I never thought I'd meet such an angel. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:03 pm

Well all the best Shane, you do whats right for you. Allways look after number 1 Wink
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:34 pm

Fuck fun, from the material you have to deliver, the issue is surely results, Shane? No point in chucking in say, verbal roleplay exercises when the course doesn't warrant it. Even a phone exercise would be fucking excruciating on those terms - you can't make an order for injection-mould plant for the factory to be delivered by sea through Hong Kong for two months from now sound fun.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down