Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kindle

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kindle - Page 2 Empty Re: Kindle

Post  NotBert Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:46 am

NotBert wrote:Cheers, Tone, the Robin Friday book exemplifies what I was saying; one of those books I desperately want to read but has slipped my mind. In thirty seconds, I have put it on my Kindle wish list where I can't forget it. Another plus

And bought...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri May 29, 2015 2:53 am

Where the Kindle comes into its own is with stuff you think "that mightn't be in print any more" but there's a PDF out there you can Bogart.

Jut picked up scot free The Day of the Triffids and The Death of Grass because I read them thirty plus years ago and fancy a reread and don't fancy hunting down a copy or sending off for one when I can read it immediately by a simple digital process.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:32 pm

Bought "From the Cowshed to the Kop", Peter Cormack's autobiography on Kindle and at the same time, bought "Sent Off At Gunpoint", Willie Johnston's autobiography, as a second hand hardback.

Irrespective of whether I buy for Kindle, I don't think my non-Kindle purchasing has subsided any.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:51 am

E-books are now outselling actual books on Amazon now.

Yeah, they aren't outdoing Waterstone's, though, are they? Books have, if anything, become cheaper, more accessible because of the online/Kindle element and it's fucking great. I picked up a Kindle book or two while I was pottering about and picked up a clutch of second-hand "paper" books that I simply had to have. And Tone, here's where you can check in...

These http://www.foyles.co.uk/competition-aurum-sports?gclid=CMuUxLi5784CFQ2NGwodcqYN2g are a good start but if you go hunting for the series, well, they are fucking magnificent. I read The Football Man, I read Unforgiven: Revie's Leeds, I am reading Bluebird and the Dead Lake and still have a couple of others backed up. The series is far bigger than the six shown on the link page to a long defunct competition and there doesn't seem to be a weak one in there. Recommended.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:10 pm

Cheers Bert
On my way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down