Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed

Go down

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed Empty Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed

Post  bitofatwat Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:03 pm

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed 4395144108_f95795f1d1_z

Fucking lovely stuff ....like a pale ale, will be my chosen ale in the summer months.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed Empty Re: Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed 47620

Back to top Go down

Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed Empty Re: Got 4 pint bottles of this to sup before bed

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:41 pm

Marston's do the job generally. If it's IPA you want, their Old Empire really does the job. Not Deuchars (which would be my easy accessible IPA of choice) but a bloody good drink

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:47 pm

Bert wrote:Marston's do the job generally. If it's IPA you want, their Old Empire really does the job. Not Deuchars (which would be my easy accessible IPA of choice) but a bloody good drink

Its very nice bert, 2nd bottle now and i'll be struggling with another Embarassed They were on offer @ £1 a 500ml bottle and i'll be stocking up with some more thats for sure. bounce
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:51 pm

I'd stop at two were I not eating. Too much of a good thing otherwise - it's a pint for supping not necking.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:53 pm

Bert wrote:I'd stop at two were I not eating. Too much of a good thing otherwise - it's a pint for supping not necking.

correct bert, my necking days are over. Sad
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 pm

Was never one for the stomach pump and police caution myself. Can't say I feel I've missed out...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:18 am

Excellent stuff BOAT.
There are plenty of good bars in this neck of the woods which are quite dangerous to visit for people like myself who don't drink responsibly.
One has got all the mental Belgium ales.
Here is their web address...

http://www.kaiba-beerbar.com/en/location_2.aspx

pp

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:27 am

Never understood the Belgian monk thing. OK, beer was an easy prophylactic; your monks, though pissed, weren't dying of nor spreading cholera, say - it's part of how navies managed their supremacy after all. They didn't die on board because of the beer and spirits taken as supplies instead of water (which in a hold over time would develop parasitical infestation and so forth). It also gave you a heightened mental effect that religious orders could attribute to some sort of holy rapture. It was a staple as well, given it is practically a foodstuff (and I'm not sure it isn't classified as such in Germany).

All are good cases for prolonged exposure and heavy use (a water substitute all but that actually feeds you). So why did the Belgian monks almost to exclusivity say "let's make it 3 or 4 times stronger than it needs to be"? And particularly the silent orders. What's the point of creating loopy juice if you can't sing on it? I'm convinced that a lot of Gregorian chants, for example, are simply early workings of Jeff Beck's "Hi Ho Silver Lining"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 am

Bert wrote: I'm convinced that a lot of Gregorian chants, for example, are simply early workings of Jeff Beck's "Hi Ho Silver Lining"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down