Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama - How To Blow A Fortune

Go down

Panorama - How To Blow A Fortune Empty Panorama - How To Blow A Fortune

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Ireland royally fucked themselves for generations to come.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Panorama - How To Blow A Fortune Empty Re: Panorama - How To Blow A Fortune

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:42 pm

Last watched Panorama in about 1978

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:49 pm

this country is just as financially fucked, we've just hidden it a bit better, but not for long

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:15 pm

sooterkin wrote:Ireland royally fucked themselves for generations to come.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

They over-extended themselves backing midweek football futures...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:04 am

Sooter: Obviously, I didn't see the programme from out here but I'd wager that a large part of it was centred on the construction industry. How many houses can a small island accommodate for fucks sake? It had meltdown written all over it for some time.
The last time that I was in Dublin was for the Irish Hennessy meeting at Leopardstown and the recently regenerated Dublin Docks area was a fucking ghost town. Construction work had all but ceased entirely and completed units were being offered for a fraction of their 'off the plan' prices.
I had several ales in the evening with some faces from several large firms in the financial area (including Societe Generale) and the reports that were emanating from their boozed up, yet down beat gobs were negative, negative and negative again. Even then, there were whispers of an EU / IMF bail out being an eventuality and it would have to be of gargantuan proportions to make just a slight dent into the economy. The eventual bail out has fallen well short imo of putting the Irish economy back onto the front foot.
No wonder the paddies are leaving in droves. It will take 25 years before the country is back to square one. This time the paddies only have themselves to blame for the mass emigration that is taking place from their fine island.

pp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down