Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

baling out of the rat race

+2
Admin
she
6 posters

Go down

baling out of the rat race Empty baling out of the rat race

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 2:57 pm

as long as the next voluntary exit pay offer is the same as the two i've already turned down this year, i'm deffo taking it and should be gone by xmas Smile

starting the planning now, searching for property by the sea, working out what to move and what not to move - ie, take fishing rod and darts but i'll have no need again for any feckin alarm clocks Very Happy

also, chatting to others helps - apparently once i get settled on the coast i can then say i'm looking for work and get paid 60 a week for six months as it'll be based on contributions paid and they won't bother me for claiming it and if i don't take any leave from now they will have to pay me another months dough when i go

looking forward to coffee on the beach in the mornings, lazy lunchtimes in quiet pubs, fishing for my dinner in the evenings and wondering what it will be like not worrying about work - spose i'll have to blog the new life once it starts Cool

Back to top Go down

baling out of the rat race Empty Re: baling out of the rat race

Post  she Wed May 18, 2011 3:04 pm

Very Happy
she
she

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:20 pm

it'll also be a good time to get seriously healthy again and knock the pubbing and smoking on the head as i should be thriftier with no income coming in and just having to survive on savings

will need to set a strict budget for betting and will probably bring some cash in through knocking tat websites up to pass some time Very Happy

working in london can be so fecking expensive, the travelling, food + drink and it's almost compulsory to have a few after work just to unwind - all my calculations on the cost of doing feck all aren't comng to much atm Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 3:37 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:as long as the next voluntary exit pay offer is the same as the two i've already turned down this year, i'm deffo taking it and should be gone by xmas Smile

starting the planning now, searching for property by the sea, working out what to move and what not to move - ie, take fishing rod and darts but i'll have no need again for any feckin alarm clocks Very Happy

also, chatting to others helps - apparently once i get settled on the coast i can then say i'm looking for work and get paid 60 a week for six months as it'll be based on contributions paid and they won't bother me for claiming it and if i don't take any leave from now they will have to pay me another months dough when i go

looking forward to coffee on the beach in the mornings, lazy lunchtimes in quiet pubs, fishing for my dinner in the evenings and wondering what it will be like not worrying about work - spose i'll have to blog the new life once it starts Cool

What about Clacton ...you and Tony could be like Starsky and Hutch local fighters of crime in your abundant spare time Very Happy

Good luck btw Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://juicepunters.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm

yeah,
good luck ABKO.

i look forward to reading your blog. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 3:46 pm

i will be on the kent coast boat, somewhere between herne bay and ramsgate i expect - ramsgate has a good harbour, margate has the best beaches, herne bay has a small pier Neutral

i may treat myself to a small boat and trips to essex wouldn't be a problem, i'll have to email the old duffer and let him know

good links to the ferries which means i should be able to partake in some booze and cigs smuggling Very Happy

may even be able to get the ferry to holland to bring back some contraband Laughing

fucking looking forward to it now, mind is made up Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed May 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:i will be on the kent coast boat, somewhere between herne bay and ramsgate i expect - ramsgate has a good harbour, margate has the best beaches, herne bay has a small pier Neutral

i may treat myself to a small boat and trips to essex wouldn't be a problem, i'll have to email the old duffer and let him know

good links to the ferries which means i should be able to partake in some booze and cigs smuggling Very Happy

may even be able to get the ferry to holland to bring back some contraband Laughing

fucking looking forward to it now, mind is made up Twisted Evil

Sounds like you got it sussed mate, being happy is the most important thing in life
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://juicepunters.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 4:18 pm

everything is relative including wealth - what's the point in earning a good wage if you spend most of it, hate the job and the commute and have loads of bills and end up not enjoying life as much as you should?

if you can downsize and end up with minimal bills, zero stress and can be happy, it's a no brainer to me

worse case scenario, i have to work again, but not much

Back to top Go down

Post  runawaytrain Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 pm

dont blame you
good luck Abdul.

runawaytrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 5:46 pm

i expect my current pleasant demeanour and goodwill to all people attitude will disappear once my 3 mths notice period starts and i will be such a cunt at work they will tell me to serve my notice at home Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post  runawaytrain Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 pm

push for garden leave.
let slip you may have access to sensitive docs you may decide to leak if they dont kick you out the office. Laughing

garden leave rules, sit in pub and get paid for it!

runawaytrain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:09 pm

runawaytrain wrote:push for garden leave.
let slip you may have access to sensitive docs you may decide to leak if they dont kick you out the office. Laughing

garden leave rules, sit in pub and get paid for it!

i do that quite a lot at the moment, they just think i'm working from home, in meetings or between meetings Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

that small line underneath.
it IS quite correct i'm afraid. Embarassed Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

wouldn't mind being able to do that,
but it's probably beyond my capability.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:31 pm

if you really want to do it eric i think you could

i've regretted not taking previous payoffs and will be signing on the dotted line the minute i get the final quote, life's too short to keep thinking "what if"

also, being pissed off by the seaside would still be better than being pissed off in shitsville - the plan is being happy and relaxed and healthy by the seaside without working and i think know i can do it

no more bottling it, time to take the plunge and do it

you only live once eric

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 18, 2011 6:41 pm

i don't think that i'm capable of being happy.
too many unhappy memories.
too much shit has gone on with me,
and after 50 odd yrs,
well,
you know. Rolling Eyes
you are right though,
and i wish you every success.

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Fri May 20, 2011 10:36 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:as long as the next voluntary exit pay offer is the same as the two i've already turned down this year, i'm deffo taking it and should be gone by xmas Smile

one question.are you single?
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 8:54 am

yes and that is why i can take the chance

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat May 21, 2011 10:26 am

Abdul Kowalski wrote:yes and that is why i can take the chance

I think MG is on the pull Laughing
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sat May 21, 2011 11:25 am

morning_glory wrote:

one question.are you single?
Very Happy Razz nice one abdul
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sat May 21, 2011 1:29 pm

bitofatwat wrote:
Abdul Kowalski wrote:yes and that is why i can take the chance

I think MG is on the pull Laughing

1 i'm just nosey
2 I was wondering how is family felt
3 he never talks about his private life
4 I'm probably not a good catch because im too poor/single parent/too old/too many kids/unatractive/unfit/Northern Crying or Very sad
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 21, 2011 1:41 pm

busy day

i only talk about myself on forums, the other place is a perfect example why

family don't know yet and won't till i'm almost there, they may find it difficult to comprehend

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sat May 21, 2011 2:08 pm

cant blame you Ab.If you plan it carefully you should be ok.good luck.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down