Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

teacher who hammered pupil acquited.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

teacher who hammered pupil acquited. - Page 2 Empty Re: teacher who hammered pupil acquited.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:42 pm

snake plissken wrote:Well, kind of Tony.

I had a go at this few weeks past. I'm someone who comes from an entirely different background, but around summer last year I decided that the industry I was in had its days numbered. I can still make money in that industry but not nearly as much as I once did. Massively so.

So I applied to do both my PhD and PGCE. I've ended up doing both simultaneously. The latter is by far the hardest. Whatever shit you're told about support mechanisms, you'll pretty quickly end up facing 30 odd hormonal recalcitrants whose mission in the next hour or so is to make you feel as belittled as possible.

Tough going, and I don't know yet if I'm going to go back for another dose. But I can say absolutely that I have genuine respect for those that do it on a day to day basis. There are some real cretins throughout the educational system, but some good sorts as well. I'm sorry if your kids encountered otherwise - there are plenty of bad schools and poor teachers.

But ask yourself this - would you really fancy the task yourself?

No, I couldn't manage on only 14 weeks paid holiday a year mate.

Back to top Go down

teacher who hammered pupil acquited. - Page 2 Empty Re: teacher who hammered pupil acquited.

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Well, to be honest BOAT, when this story broke I was half suspecting exactly the sort of background to that particular teacher's personal despair that has now come to light.

Kids will turn on teachers who can't hold the classroom together. It's a massive advantage to have been a parent - some of the 21/22-year-old BT/NQTs at the school I went to - who have gone school, university, school without any kind of break - looked utterly terrified. I'm not saying I'm good at it, though. It's just something I thought I should try. I'll get a book out of it, anyway...

Oh, and the school is in beautiful Newham. Ha ha!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Mad Tony wrote:No, I couldn't manage on only 14 weeks paid holiday a year mate.

Ha ha. Do try it then, Tone!

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:47 pm

I was thinking of doing it but alas I was too old.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:49 pm

I applied but as I didn't make a solitary spelling error in my application letter they wrote back to tell me that I was over qualified.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:51 pm

snake plissken wrote:Well, to be honest BOAT, when this story broke I was half suspecting exactly the sort of background to that particular teacher's personal despair that has now come to light.

Kids will turn on teachers who can't hold the classroom together. It's a massive advantage to have been a parent - some of the 21/22-year-old BT/NQTs at the school I went to - who have gone school, university, school without any kind of break - looked utterly terrified. I'm not saying I'm good at it, though. It's just something I thought I should try. I'll get a book out of it, anyway...

Oh, and the school is in beautiful Newham. Ha ha!

I did all my schooling in Newham.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:05 pm

morning_glory wrote:I was thinking of doing it but alas I was too old.

teach in lifelong learning T ...I have a 7307 and did a bit after leaving the NHS
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:05 pm

I feel a tune coming on

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Early that morning

teacher who hammered pupil acquited. - Page 2 _47749542_009195992-1

later that day

teacher who hammered pupil acquited. - Page 2 123ci
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:11 pm

That evening:

teacher who hammered pupil acquited. - Page 2 White-6-d-straight-jacket

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:12 pm

I'd fuck it

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Well, I thought the same. Turned up on the course and I was only marginally in the top third ...

How can I sell this to the Juice Forum? MILF nirvana? (with apologies to MG and all females aboard - oh, and my good lady also)

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:32 pm

bitofatwat wrote:

teach in lifelong learning T ...I have a 7307 and did a bit after leaving the NHS

Apparently its very competitive, so they won't invest in those who havent got the years left.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2