Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealing war memorials for scrap

2 posters

Go down

Stealing war memorials for scrap Empty Stealing war memorials for scrap

Post  bitofatwat Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 am

SCORES of memorials to Britain's brave war dead have been desecrated by callous looters and vandals, The Sun can reveal.

Brass statues and plaques bearing the names of the fallen are being ripped from their fittings and melted down so they can be flogged for SCRAP.

At least THREE treasured monuments are looted, vandalised or destroyed every WEEK.

The sick thefts are fuelled by the rising price of metals during the recession.

And they have left communities across the UK outraged at the appalling insult to the heroes of two world wars.

The War Memorials Trust has launched a campaign — led by its patron Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall — to save the monuments from the yobs.

Director Frances Moreton said: "Our memorials are under massive peril.

"As we get closer to Armistice Day and Remembrance Sunday we are getting more and more reports of thefts.

"In the last six weeks it has jumped to three a week."

In the latest outrage, two thieves ripped a 4ft bronze statue of a World War Two soldier from its plinth at Tidworth, Wilts, last week.

Ann Green, of the town's Royal British Legion, said: "We are a very strong military town and everyone is in complete disbelief here."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/campaigns/our_boys/3903601/War-memorials-are-desecrated-by-looters.html

I would take great pride in chopping their fucking hands off and to feed them the fuckers in small chunks.

Bastards

bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Stealing war memorials for scrap Empty Re: Stealing war memorials for scrap

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:54 am

They live in a society with no work available and have to survive on a tiny amount handed out by the government every week. Of course they are going to steal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:59 am

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall ....how big is that cunt's weekly giro?

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:17 am

Nobby Cheese wrote:Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall ....how big is that cunt's weekly giro?

a big wad
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am

bitofatwat wrote:
Nobby Cheese wrote:Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall ....how big is that cunt's weekly giro?

a big wad

As big a wad as this?

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:51 pm

You get the society you deserve.

Successive governments can moralise all they like but the fact is that society at the minute is the width of a 5-level mortice away from collapse. And it's their fault for stripping every fucking right and capacity away from its citizens. We're not slaves but in terms of the west and the advanced society we supposedly live in, we are unprotected from owner's excesses, we have had our individual and collective social rights routinely eroded over decades and we are denied worthwhile remuneration for our efforts. We live in enclaves and deaths in the same will go partially investigated or not at all because of lack of interest by the high-ups and cost.

The BBC is Oxbridge-run, fervently anti-civil rights and the government is Oxbridge-run, with 23 of 29 in the cabinet millionaires. How the fuck are they going to understand the deprivation of the sink suburbs that were built to accommodate slum escapees of fifty years ago?

The biggest industrial action this country has ever seen will take place on November 30 - up to 3m souls. Watch the fucking spin over the next month to try and deflect from it. "No government fights fascism to destroy it. When the bourgeoisie sees that power is slipping out of its hands, it brings up fascism to hold on to their privileges."

Fascism? Maybe you could pander to the historical, the militaristic, the jingoistic support to get it. Read that headline again now. I come from a family that is very much forces oriented and aware and I'll be out Remembrance Sunday as I always am. I won't be there to point out that memorials are being stolen to try and prop up a morally bankrupt government, though.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:56 pm

NotBert wrote:You get the society you deserve.

Successive governments can moralise all they like but the fact is that society at the minute is the width of a 5-level mortice away from collapse. And it's their fault for stripping every fucking right and capacity away from its citizens. We're not slaves but in terms of the west and the advanced society we supposedly live in, we are unprotected from owner's excesses, we have had our individual and collective social rights routinely eroded over decades and we are denied worthwhile remuneration for our efforts. We live in enclaves and deaths in the same will go partially investigated or not at all because of lack of interest by the high-ups and cost.

The BBC is Oxbridge-run, fervently anti-civil rights and the government is Oxbridge-run, with 23 of 29 in the cabinet millionaires. How the fuck are they going to understand the deprivation of the sink suburbs that were built to accommodate slum escapees of fifty years ago?

The biggest industrial action this country has ever seen will take place on November 30 - up to 3m souls. Watch the fucking spin over the next month to try and deflect from it. "No government fights fascism to destroy it. When the bourgeoisie sees that power is slipping out of its hands, it brings up fascism to hold on to their privileges."

Fascism? Maybe you could pander to the historical, the militaristic, the jingoistic support to get it. Read that headline again now. I come from a family that is very much forces oriented and aware and I'll be out Remembrance Sunday as I always am. I won't be there to point out that memorials are being stolen to try and prop up a morally bankrupt government, though.

Stealing war memorials for scrap 1262168784 Stealing war memorials for scrap 1262168784 Stealing war memorials for scrap 1262168784 Stealing war memorials for scrap 1262168784

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:06 pm

very well put bert.
most of it went straight over my head,
but i sort of get your drift.
fair play to you mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down