Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam.

Go down

scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam. Empty scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:48 pm

a victim said that when she became edgy,
the perpetrator said something along the lines of,

"well,yes,i understand your concerns.
please hang up now.
dial 999.
ask for the fraud squad,
and the dci whoever she claimed to be."

and was assured that she'd be re-connected with this....person.

and sure enough,
that's what happened,
and the victim told all,
concerning credit card details.

how could that happen?

apparently,
if somebody phones you,
you answer,
hang up,
but the the somebody DOESN'T hang up,
when you make another phone call,
they are still connected.
they have your connection,
until THEY hang up. affraid

Back to top Go down

scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam. Empty Re: scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam.

Post  Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Reading the Daily Fail will harm your mental health.
Mad

Back to top Go down

scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam. Empty Re: scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam.

Post  Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:06 pm

it IS harmed.
severely.

by just..........

being.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:58 pm

That "hang up" thing isn't the case any more, surely. Worked on occasion in pre-digital exchanges but if it could still work, the minute you phone "Bertha wants you to talk dirty to her" you'd be on the hook forever.

And if I'm on to Bertha I only need about thirty seconds, dirty, dirty, so fucking DIRTY.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:59 pm

NotBert wrote:That "hang up" thing isn't the case any more, surely. Worked on occasion in pre-digital exchanges but if it could still work, the minute you phone "Bertha wants you to talk dirty to her" you'd be on the hook forever.

And if I'm on to Bertha I only need about thirty seconds, dirty, dirty, so fucking DIRTY.

scary story in the mail about a telephone credit card scam. 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down