Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't want to get bogged down in trivia...

2 posters

Go down

I don't want to get bogged down in trivia... Empty I don't want to get bogged down in trivia...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm

...but am I the only one that thinks that, like the Toyota Lexus, there has been a huge scare in the field of chocolate and in particular, Rolos?

I don't recall seeing them for the latter half of 2009 and the start of 2010, but they've come back like the swallows to Capistrano. I'm just saying, that's all. I reckon they had a recall and we weren't told.

Back to top Go down

I don't want to get bogged down in trivia... Empty Re: I don't want to get bogged down in trivia...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Human flesh, in case you're wondering. At least, that's my guess.

Back to top Go down

I don't want to get bogged down in trivia... Empty Re: I don't want to get bogged down in trivia...

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:38 pm

like the swallows to Capistrano

lol!

I'll just get wiki as my home page I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:40 pm

You can have North Atlantic Grey Seals to the Irish Sea instead, Kit - same rules apply, except you can view them

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Bert wrote:You can have North Atlantic Grey Seals to the Irish Sea instead, Kit - same rules apply, except you can view them

Now that is a "whooooooooosh" post. straight over my head

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

They come back every year as well. I've seen them, though, and fantastic as they are, no fucker has written a song about them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:44 pm

Oh things that come back lol.

Are you any good at cryptic crosswords bert?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:45 pm

You'd never guess, would you, Kit? Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:49 pm

Bert wrote:You'd never guess, would you, Kit? Razz

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Look, the issue is here is the Rolo... Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:53 pm

was it a nestle issue perhaps?

maybe they were too busy making teh easter eggs.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:56 pm

They made Rolo eggs, though, Kit - if I lean forward I can see one as I type.

I'm telling you, I reckon someone fell into the Nestlé caramel vat or the Rolo engraving machine and they didn't know until a few days later. Then they had to recall.

God bless those brave fellows, who gave their lives so that we could stuff our faces.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:17 pm

Kit wrote:was it a nestle issue perhaps?

maybe they were too busy making teh easter eggs.

Which brings me to the point of pronounciation.

Bert uses a mark above the second 'e' in his post, so you get the sound they use today - 'Nesslay'

When I was a kid, and Tony will remember this, the blond boy with glasses was the Milky Bar Kid. It was sung on the adverts back then as 'Nessels' milky bar.

Why was it changed ?

I need to know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I need to know too!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:21 pm

They went global, TGM. Nestlé sounds like a firm who make proper chocolate, Swiss background, no corn syrup or other such shite that brings the American 11% cocoa solids that Hershey uses to the table. Hershey would work alongside Nestle's. Nestlé would tell Hershey to fuck off and make some proper chocolate.

That's my guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:42 pm

That'll do for me, I do love my Rolos, and a host of other chocolate morsels as well.

I was watching Q.I. recently, and whether Stephen Fry was on a wind-up I have no idea. He said that chocolate was toxic, but you'd have to eat 22 lbs of it to kill yourself.

I'm not going to try and prove him wrong though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:47 pm

Yes, it's true. It'll kill a dog because it can't process it as well, IIRC. Whereas we can at least get rid of it.

John Daly once ate 11lbs of M&Ms at one sitting, which is fair going...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:55 pm

Bert wrote: John Daly once ate 11lbs of M&Ms at one sitting, which is fair going...

affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:12 pm

I've just seen an episode of Scrubs and I swear a gravestone in the background was for a

Fanny Lidz

I don't care if I sound about 12, but that looks like a product from the cheap and cheerful pound shop market and I have no idea what you'd use them for...

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:19 pm

god I love rolos.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:31 pm

Rolo are back one way or another. Panic over.

Although I am led to believe that the demand for Creme Eggs is such that they are now made all year round and frozen for their seasonal splurge
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Snyder's make flavoured pretzel pieces. America can do some things right. Tesco's are now stocking them (£1.50 for a 125g bag) and I heartily recommend them.

What I'm going to ask is about Sun Valley, who make the same. Their Jalapeno flavour stand up to Snyder's. Their factory is in Bromborough.

Now why is it that not only do I struggle to find Sun Valley pieces after the one outlet I had run out of their traditional "dated" supply (Home Bargains), but I struggle to find them in the shadow of the factory? Seriously, I shopped in Bromborough recently for specifically that purpose (coming back from Connah's Quay, D2-2) and it's a shocking show of local loyalty.

The only other place I found them was on Ryanair. No fucking thanks, I felt dirty enough flying there by total necessity, I'm not going to fly to a field in Germany (sic) that it calls "Paris" just to get a tasty snack off a trolley manned by the scariest cabin crew in the world.

Rolos meanwhile thrive. Definitely "dead man in the vat"
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down