Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cup Final Tickets Empty Cup Final Tickets

Post  NotBert Sat May 04, 2013 5:47 pm

Might just go...https://www.eticketing.co.uk/fawtickets-english/details/event.aspx?itemref=216
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Cup Final Tickets Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  Guest Sat May 04, 2013 5:51 pm

i have never been to a game.

not sure that i'd want to really.

it's one of those things that i might do if i had nothing else to do.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 04, 2013 6:03 pm

The Welsh FA isn't that much younger than the English, Eric. For nine quid, I can take my boy to a ground that is the oldest international football stadium still used for that purpose and is the most used of grounds for Welsh internationals. It's even held a rugby World Cup game.

Now think how much the burghers of Moss Side and Billinge will have to pay the Saturday after to go to London.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 04, 2013 6:10 pm

yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 04, 2013 6:36 pm

91 games they've played there.
They beat
the Czechs there 3-0 in the year after they became European Champions,
they hosted the West Germans in Euro qualification there in 1979,
they twatted England there 4-1 in 1980 (Alan Curtis IIRC?)
they humped Northern Ireland there 3-0 just before Espana '82,
fucked Romania 5-0 in '83,
did for England again, 1-0 in '84 so that Northern Ireland could win the last Home Championship,
did for Spain, 3-0 in '85 the year before the betrayal of Jesper Olsen and lastly,
twatted Norway 3-0 in 2008
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 06, 2013 2:12 am

Going. Seasiders, nah nah nah, Seasiders, nah nah nah.

The supporters' club are putting two coaches on which they've filled Very Happy - real grass roots stuff - and they've been given a UEFA licence for next season so if Prestatyn win, they're more in Europe than Liverpool.

Definitely second favourites (playing perennial European qualifiers Bangor City) but don't let that put you off. Had a few pennies on them in 90 minutes just so that if they do win, I can buy a fish to celebrate.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 06, 2013 10:13 pm

I've seen Liverpool lift titles, open top bus parades by the score, had my hands on the European Cup and League title at the same time, my photo with the three English trophies and the European Cup but I have never felt like that at a game of football in my life.

That was simply fantastic - a crowd of 1732 and it was absolutely electric. Watching the highlights in a mo on S4C
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 pm

Prestatyn in Europe....who'd have thunk it!
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 06, 2013 10:30 pm

We're hoping to get to the home leg, Tone. Lord knows what they'd make of Riga, or indeed what Skonto would make of Pontin's.

Liverpool are not in Europe next season.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 06, 2013 10:33 pm

I've been to Prestatyn 3 times in my life....lovely place.
Didn't even realise they had a football club.
Cup Final Tickets 882526

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 06, 2013 10:40 pm

I love it there, so do the kids. They filmed On The Buses there and it hasn't changed and that's it charm. They've played up the football club over the last decade (they only got a European licence this season) but they're still a 200-gate, we-need-to-stick-it-to-Rhyl side.

I remember getting a bus to the station there last summer and the driver had, in his coin tray, a mug (not a cup) of tea that he'd just picked up at the terminus in Talacre. You don't see that anywhere else other than in the close run of North Wales resorts. Fabulous part of the world
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 06, 2013 10:50 pm

We drove from Ryhl to Prestatyn about 12 years ago on a lovely July day.
It was very pleasant.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon May 06, 2013 11:05 pm

Rhyl's put some hard yards in because it was a fucking dire hole, the town had died and no-one had buried the corpse. Been some recovery over the last few years.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri May 10, 2013 8:57 am

European dates, July 4 and July 11

"Ordinary To Prestatyn"

The 500 seats at Bastion Gardens were bought out of the now defunct Gay Meadow. Technically, in a manner of speaking, Shrewsbury in Europe... Laughing
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:34 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:Prestatyn in Europe....who'd have thunk it!
cheers

Last night was fucking awesome. Wrong result, but the better side lost and you wouldn't have thought they were the first time European qualifiers. Belle Vue was in spectacular shape as well - considering how close it is to the close season, other than the goalmouths having a couple of bare patches the size of dinner plates that haven't took seed yet, the pitch was like a billiard table.

On last night's showing, they could go to Liepajas next week and get a result
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

And they did, and they did. Through on penalties, AET, better side over two legs and deserved. The other Welsh sides put a shift in as well - Airbus going out to Ventspils after two draws on away goals and Bala Town going out 3-2 on aggregate after a 1-0 win in Rhyl in the first leg.

FC Rijeka next. Seems I'm booked in for Rhyl on the 25th...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:27 pm

Rijeka of course is a port and resort on the Adriatic. Not one of the more moneyed, glamorous resorts like your Venices and your Riminis but doing OK. Some might say "The Prestatyn of the Adriatic"...

Almost tempted to fuck off with a bit of cash I have salted away and go both legs... Have booked tickets for the Rhyl return, meanwhile. Rhyl itself is looking a fair bit tidier as well.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:48 pm

NotBert wrote:Rijeka of course is a port and resort on the Adriatic.  Not one of the more moneyed, glamorous resorts like your Venices and your Riminis but doing OK.  Some might say "The Prestatyn of the Adriatic"...

Almost tempted to fuck off with a bit of cash I have salted away and go both legs...  Have booked tickets for the Rhyl return, meanwhile.  Rhyl itself is looking a fair bit tidier as well.

Why not Bert , does you good to trat yourself once in a while. Go for it mate.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:34 am

Not really well enough, BOAT.  In the middle of a three day bounce (I hope) and I tend to bat very straight for the next few days.  Randomly booking a flight to Croatia is outside that definition Laughing 
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:54 am

NotBert wrote:Not really well enough, BOAT.  In the middle of a three day bounce (I hope) and I tend to bat very straight for the next few days.  Randomly booking a flight to Croatia is outside that definition Laughing 

Oh well, you have to take that into consideration bert.... is there any where on line it can be watched?
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:08 pm

It will be listed in the online games here nearer the time:

http://www.sportcategory.com/c-1.html

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:49 pm

The idea of a TV camera in the ground for either of the first round games would have been a sight - yes, Rhyl has a gantry, but in the same way a bus has a roof.  We aren't in the moneyed relations now, BOAT - the ladies' toilet* had a pink, fluffy cotton towel (and a scrupulously clean one at that) in it at Rhyl on a hook.  No-one stole it. You don't get that at cunt football.

*Much as you might think I was watching women urinate and sniffing the seats afterwards Rolling Eyes my daughter was with me and of course had cause to visit.  Please, it might be the Europa League but I'm not in the "German" market...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

lol! 

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Three far post headers from corners, the fourth deflected and the fifth by all accounts a snorter. I dont really fancy a 6-0 return but I'll be there.

Amazing how simple football can be, though - the near post flick/far post convert done right is undefendable. I used to play in a naturally low grade amateur side where it was me on corner duty, the left winger on the near post and the left back on the far and we had the routine off pat - he was as prolific as Derek Mountfield only without the sex case moustache, we must have put in a dozen over a year with a fantastic percentage.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:37 am

League season starts Friday, Bala Town at home. Have my numbers in order, I'll be there.

They lost the second leg 3-0 at Rhyl. That Rijeka side were quite tidy. They put out Zilina too, and play off with Stuttgart for a place in the groups.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next