Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  NotBert Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:02 am

Without going nuts, we're making a fair fist of being a new, young side and the friendlies are stacking up pretty well.

We could be anything.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I look on with great interest.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:30 pm

First game of the season comes on Saturday, Airbus at home.

50/50 I go because it's still cricket season, but wouldn't mind going for any number of reasons but a biggie is because...

Hayesy has been coaxed out of retirement. This is huge. An old head who should still be involved in some capacity and I think with judicious use and a touch of luck, will get a full season in with minimal injury and illness. Will be interesting to see if he still gets a centre back job (we've brought Sam Kersh in which would mean we've a pretty stable back two who know the Prem, let alone the HGA) or he gets pushed into a more middle-of-the-park role.

GCQ are 12s for the Prem
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:12 pm

0-2 reverse yesterday where after 6 minutes, the game was in danger of being abandoned as one of our lads was straight redded for what was apparently so bad a broken leg that the players were taken off for an hour while they waited for professionals to come to treat and remove Ash Williams from the pitch.

Our keeper also went off injured, which means in the last three league games we've had five different keepers and three of them were outfield players.

Ten men for 85 minutes, conceded the second late on, we've learnt nothing.  Buckley away next week and then Rhyl at home which I will probably try to get to, Tuesday night notwithstanding.

Couldn't go Saturday, meanwhile, because I made a cricketing comeback alongside my son.  The ground, as I keep saying, appears to be a lot further away than I remember it

In the WPL, Connah's Quay are 0-3 up at Llanelli inside 25 minutes.  JK couldn't even get on the bench, Noah did, however.  They are strong.  Preston fan pal of mine also tips QPR to go down because they're fucking awful (may have used "shit", can't remember)

EDIT: 0-6, five different scorers including the Legend That Is Parker
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:59 pm

NotBert wrote:after 6 minutes, the game was in danger of being abandoned as one of our lads was straight redded for what was apparently so bad a broken leg that the players were taken off for an hour while they waited for professionals to come to treat and remove Ash Williams from the pitch.

affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:07 am

Nomads got a seventh. Morrison waded into them at half time because at 3-0 they spent ten minutes "thinking they're something they're not". So they won 7-0 and got a bollocking in the middle of it... Laughing

We're not at Buckley next week, we're at Porthmadog
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:32 pm

2-0 loss at Porthmadog which might not be too bad a result - they are a good yardstick in this division. Still know nothing. Rhyl on Tuesday at home.

Should be going...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 pm

June 2

NotBert wrote:My point?  We fight on but fuck me, Connah's Quay look like championship material - Michael Wilde and JK will feed off each other, their midfield has possibly the best in the league at the minute in Parker, eeryone is signing new contracts or signing up and Morrison has got them playing and some weight going forward.

They're a bet.  Wouldn't mind a price now

Today
GCQ 1 TNS 0

What a Face

Bala lost today, far far too early to say it but this was a big weekend if TNS are to be toppled
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:21 am

NotBert wrote:June 2

NotBert wrote:My point?  We fight on but fuck me, Connah's Quay look like championship material - Michael Wilde and JK will feed off each other, their midfield has possibly the best in the league at the minute in Parker, eeryone is signing new contracts or signing up and Morrison has got them playing and some weight going forward.

They're a bet.  Wouldn't mind a price now

Today
GCQ 1 TNS 0

What a Face

Bala lost today, far far too early to say it but this was a big weekend if TNS are to be toppled

Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 1262168784 Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 1262168784 Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 1262168784 Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 1262168784

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Went Tuesday, second last train back out of Prestatyn for the last out of Chester and the last bus to near home - a triumph in planning

Drew one apiece with Rhyl in front of 653. We were like a newborn foal - shaky but up and running earlly, nothing but stronger as the game went on. The back four looks particularly robust, we miss someone Parker-like in the middle but the last half hour we dominated and these kids have got chops. We might need a bit more in the last third, but we were supposed to take a shellacking and took anything but. Made us wait for an equaliser but managed it nine minutes from the end and should have won it.

Curry was on, chips with were excellent.

The two sides who've beaten us are both 3 and 0 and Porthmadog even went to the tax-dodgers and won
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:44 am

Keep it coming Bert.
Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:34 pm

And we're off...

Hayesy scores the only goal at Halkyn Road and we do Holywell on their own midden - unusually, they haven't started well but you still have to knock them over. Bangor lost again last night and Airbus are the last side with a hundred per cent record as Porthmadog draw at Flint. Looking at our first three games and they were against top, second and sixth.

Buckley at Home next week.

In the Prem I was after a third winning bet on the spin for the start of the season.
Treble in week one @ 6s
Single on Nomads in week 2 @ 3.4
This week? TNS were a nap cert, 6-0; Nomads, 2-1; Bala win in '94th, 2-1; and Llanelli, who lead until Barry equalise in '95th. Big dog's cock
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:19 am

cheers bounce cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:03 am

Lost 0-4 to Buckley Shocked More later...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:08 am

Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 882526

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Fuck me, I still don't know where we stand.

Buckley twatted us 0-4, we play TNS in the last 8 of the League Cup after doing for Denbigh, we lost at Holyhead after shitting it in the first quarter hour, Saturday last we put Penrhyncoch out of the HGA Cup, 4-0, we play Bangor in the last 8, we brought in two strikers named Griffiths, the club has been bought by a new bloke and his team, the former CEO can now stand and swear on the terraces again and the news tonight is that one of the new managers may have stepped down.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Out of both cups as expected - TNS made it four WPL sides scoring 5 against Alliance sides this week - of those the longest price but biggest cert for me were Llandudno against a Rhyl side who are seriously struggling. Bangor led 2-0 until late today, we pulled two back and lost 4-2 in extra time. Picked up a point last week having seen our full back sent off for fighting after 6 minutes while the other protagonist got a yellow and then went on to lead and ship one late on as a ten. Haven't had a chance to go, am very much on the fatigued side but I'd say were in an awful position but things aren't looking too bad. Big month ahead
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:01 am

NotBert wrote:Picked up a point last week having seen our full back sent off for fighting after 6 minutes.

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:19 pm

Can't keep up with these soap opera events...

Gibbo's back!
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:56 pm

bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:52 am

Lost 2-1 today after shelling Gresford for the entire second half and only having one to show for it.

Gibbo has already brought back three of his old boys and one of the former youth team. Shrewd watchers reckon he may get as many as a half dozen back
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

First round of the Welsh Cup, home to lower league opposition New Brighton Villa

4-0 up inside 35 mins, won 5-1. The revival starts here, I reckon. We have the couple of heads in there who give us the shape and form we need and the kids will only draw from that.

Craig Harrison left Bangor to be no. 2 to Andy Morrison at GCQ with Gibbo coming home. More than half of Welsh watchers think Bangor will not survive the season Shocked Shocked Airbus are 10 for 10 and a mile clear in the Alliance and GCQ go to TNS at 7.30, are a huge 5/1 plus and could go 5 clear if they win there
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:45 pm

Last 55 minutes of football was only 1-1.
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:49 am

Connah's Quay basically go toe to toe with TNS for 90 minutes, have all the possession and the more efforts,have some fucking serious three yard sitters missed and lose 3-0. Amazing watching
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:07 am

NotBert wrote:Connah's Quay basically go toe to toe with TNS for 90 minutes, have all the possession and the more efforts,have some fucking serious three yard sitters missed and lose 3-0.  Amazing watching

Cup Final Tickets - Page 16 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next