Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. Empty the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

Post  Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:05 pm

SOMETHING.

ANYTHING.

can't join a library because they have "self-service" bllx.

what happened to "serving people"?

what IS the problem?

and that cnut outside.
hammering. the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 75119
where i'd like to put that hammer.
after i'd caved his skull in. the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 523193
it's a nice sunny day.
why can't people just relax ffs?

i've been to bed.
had a couple of hours.
and now i'm bored witless.

pity i can't stand people.
but there you go.

too tired to do anything.
or go anywhere.

i really do need to find a gentle pastime though.

it HAS to be reading.

i'm so tired,
i don't even want to think too hard.

and now norton's ranting about chrome and cpu. the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 4130722370 the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 523193

wtf?
i'm going to have another look at wife's books.
there MUST be something.

jesus!
hit your thumb.
stand on a nail. Mad

i really AM going to have to take something to knock myself out.
it'll HAVE to be tomorrow morning now.

wtf is he doing?

tap'tap'tap'tap.
tap'tap'tap'tap.

can't bet hitting nails because it's none-stop. scratch

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 75119

and oxfam books;
the fuckin prices. Shocked
i'm sure they're worth the money.
very astutely "marked up".
and yes,
i know that there's a lot of money to be made buying and selling.
like anything else,
it's knowing what's what. study

mein kampf;
i'm curious.
but not for forty quid. No

"the hurdy gurdy man".
now THERE'S a blast from the past.
happy days. the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 622580

"down and out in paris".
by george orwell.
some cnut in PP used to wave that name like a banner.
i never DID get that.
but then,
i'm not familiar with the significance of "orwellian scribblings.

the trouble with perusing the the biography bookstand is,
(and it's a veritable minefield.it really is)
how can you know?
until you've bought it,
and read it,
who has had an interesting life?
"interesting",or not,
is such a personal thing. study

i AM drawn to the title though.
and for four quid. Neutral

an online oxfam a/c?
me? Shocked
why not?
the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 3818299196 Very Happy

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
not sure now. behindthesofa

i've almost polished of 2ltrs of morrison's finest,
and i'm feeling,
(as a female friend used to quaintly put it)
"quite tired." drunken tongue Sleep Laughing

wouldn't you fuckin know it?
all that time,
dithering,
and finally opening an account.

some cnut has bought the book. Mad the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 75119

somebody else is bored.
mowing the lawn. Mad

"blessed geroge best".
well?
no-ones perfect. Laughing

well,
i got to page eighty ywo,
and i'm bored of it now.
but i've got an oxfam account. cheers the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. 523193

Last edited by erixter on Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:29 pm; edited 13 times in total

Back to top Go down

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. Empty Re: the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 pm

Do you not have a £2 bookshop in town, Eric? The Works or some such, basically a repository for all manner of books and there's usually a few diamonds in the dirt. Very rare I pass such a shop and there's a 70% plus chance of a purchase. Even Poundland sells books now and occasionally you get an absolute fucking steal there (off the top of my head, David Maraniss's Rome 1960 I got there and although mainly a US account, is a really fluid read).

Uncommon I pay more than £4 for a book therefore, but very rare I buy a dud.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. Empty Re: the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:00 am

NotBert wrote:Do you not have a £2 bookshop in town, Eric? The Works or some such, basically a repository for all manner of books and there's usually a few diamonds in the dirt. Very rare I pass such a shop and there's a 70% plus chance of a purchase. Even Poundland sells books now and occasionally you get an absolute fucking steal there (off the top of my head, David Maraniss's Rome 1960 I got there and although mainly a US account, is a really fluid read).

Uncommon I pay more than £4 for a book therefore, but very rare I buy a dud.

there isn't one where i live.
it's a small town that i live in.
i was thinking,
maybe in northampton,
on the market perhaps.
next time i'm over there on a saturday i shall have a look.
as i've said,
my wife's books have all originated from charity shops.
we DO still have a local car-boot sale some weekends,
but i can't be bothered with that.
no way am i getting washed,
and dressed on a sunday morning.
that oxfam website doesn't look bad.
i just......................
nothing caught my eye.
i shall have to have a look in northampton some time. Neutral
maybe next weekend if the weather's nice. Smile
might even be worth a look in kettering.

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 am

That's a mega rant lol anyrate loads of good free stuff here inc Orwell and others
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/index.html
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:00 am

missyj wrote:That's a mega rant lol anyrate loads of good free stuff here inc Orwell and others
http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/o/orwell/george/index.html

thanks mj.
i'll have a look.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:03 am

"mega rant lol"? Shocked

just the ramblings of a old fool.
with nothing better to do. Neutral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:32 am

just had a quick look.

not bad. Smile

it DOES represent something of a culture-shift though.
i've never e-read before.

might give it a go though.
it saves cluttering up the house with books.

it might be a good way to get the feel of a book before buying.

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:59 am

erixter wrote:just had a quick look.

not bad. Smile

it DOES represent something of a culture-shift though.
i've never e-read before.

might give it a go though.
it saves cluttering up the house with books.

it might be a good way to get the feel of a book before buying.
I recently re read loads of Orwell in there because I don't have copies any more , this is good too , orwell was inspired by London http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/l/london/jack/people_of_the_abyss/
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:46 am

mj,
that book that i missed out on with oxfam.
i just read 5 chapters on that site you posted.
fuckin brilliant.

i kiss your arse. I love you

figuratively speaking of course. Wink Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:47 am

erixter wrote:mj,
fuckin brilliant.

must be the pear cider. Embarassed drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:48 pm

erixter wrote:mj,
fuckin brilliant.

. No worries Eric and its free bounce Razz ohh, in before bert I was talking about the book Razz
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:50 pm

What book btw Question
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:46 pm

down and out in paris.
a great read imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:47 pm

brilliant writing.
talk about "smelling the onions".
he really does take you there.

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:56 pm

Yep , love it , read the road to Wigan pier after bounce
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:01 pm

there WAS a list of biographies.
4 i think.
i shall do those anyway. study

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:29 pm

Yep , always have been , went from teen paperbacks to my mums Mandingos , read roots when I was about 12 , mum made us go to bed early the only thing to do was read
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Try reading some Ernest Hemingway.
For me, his finest work was 'The old man and the sea'

You can read it free here:
http://www.tiengiang.edu.vn/FileUpload/Vanban/File8167.pdf

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:41 pm

jesus!
it's like fuckin buses.

nobster,
i shall make a note.
and i thank you.

not really into fiction btw.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next