Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. - Page 2 Empty Re: the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:56 pm

missyj wrote:Yep , always have been , went from teen paperbacks to my mums Mandingos , read roots when I was about 12 , mum made us go to bed early the only thing to do was read

I beg to differ
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live. - Page 2 Empty Re: the need for a read,the oxfam bookstore,and an oxfam a/c? bugger being old....just another excrement-thread.live.

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:09 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:Try reading some Ernest Hemingway.
For me, his finest work was 'The old man and the sea'

You can read it free here:
http://www.tiengiang.edu.vn/FileUpload/Vanban/File8167.pdf

Hemingway, Tone? Really? Shocked

Hemingway

"I walked into the shop to buy some trousers. As I perused the racks, a salesman approached me

'I see you are looking at the trousers', he offered. I nodded in reply. 'The wool mix are of excellent quality and good value for the price we ask', he ventured further.

I looked across at him. He caught my look. We appraised each other there in the white heat of the trouser racks. We stood in silence a moment. I nodded slightly in appreciation. He inclined his head in recognition.

'I think I will take the wool mix. Two pairs', I stated. We made our way to the cash register in silent comradeship.

Any other author

"I bought two pairs of pants on Monday."

It's dismally slow guff. As an aside, he shot himself. Chances are if he'd gone any other way he'd still be fucking dying and writing about it now.

For Whom The Bell Tolls
is a good read if you had an interest in the subject matter (Spanish Civil War) though
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 pm

NotBert wrote:
missyj wrote:Yep , always have been , went from teen paperbacks to my mums Mandingos , read roots when I was about 12 , mum made us go to bed early the only thing to do was read

I beg to differ
pale study
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:42 pm

missyj wrote:
NotBert wrote:

I beg to differ
pale study

What? Always found the bed to be a functional item. I go to bed to sleep. If I'd been sent to bed, I'd have become an early riser.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:44 pm

It's not all smut, Jones, you know that about me by now.

Yes, the percentage call might be for smut, but it's a dangerous assumption to make... Razz
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 pm

NotBert wrote:
missyj wrote:
NotBert wrote:

I beg to differ
pale study

What? Always found the bed to be a functional item. I go to bed to sleep. If I'd been sent to bed, I'd have become an early riser.
no advantage to getting up earlier than required in that house What a Face
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:50 pm

NotBert wrote:It's not all smut, Jones, you know that about me by now.

Yes, the percentage call might be for smut, but it's a dangerous assumption to make... Razz
I played the odds Razz
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:12 pm

missyj wrote:
NotBert wrote:It's not all smut, Jones, you know that about me by now.

I played the odds Razz

You lost. Take off your clothes.

Now THAT'S a recall gag Very Happy
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:15 pm

pale Smile
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2