Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

November

4 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

November - Page 4 Empty Re: November

Post  Guest Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:25 am

Admin wrote:
Nobby Cheese wrote:I would love to live forever.
November - Page 4 73709

lol!
pale

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:20 am

Tone, what did I say in the title?
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:34 am

missyj wrote:
NotBert wrote:
missyj wrote:I saw Stephen fry say the first person to live to 1000 has already been born. I'm not sure we have a 1000 years left the way we are carrying on. Who would want that?  

Can't be right.  No-one has got past 122 yet, that was twenty years ago and even then she was all but blind and deaf.  Expectancy might be going up 3 months a year but there's clearly a fairly finite ceiling - the body atrophies, it ages and it would be a massive stretch to double the maximum let alone multiply it by eight.
maybe its half machine, nanobots etc, yes I watch a lot of Sci fi, I believe it though

Missed this, Jonesy. Economic factors have already stopped the increase in life expecrancy for the first time in forever. I don't doubt it will go back up again, but the grand is still several generations minimum away
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:18 pm

Been a bit busy in the last few weeks with a bit of positive upheaval for once.

Have had to play off against the gremlins that appear when any upheaval arrives but I'm doing it pretty well. Tone?
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:34 am

Sill here mate....Had a laptop pack up on me and had to sort out the old windows xp job I'm on now.
Fucking nightmare.....lost a lot of stuff.

Chickenpox has ravaged me for 31 days now....I have been left with blisters that are peeling off and leaving me with skin that looks like it's been cheese grated .....I feel like shit.
November - Page 4 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:24 pm

Jesus, Tone, a month? I hope they weren't like, you know, everywhere. We all like scratching it but that's on our terms...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:27 pm

Meat and two veg took a hideous pasting.....Words cannot convey the itching.
Nice when the wife offered to scratch them for me though when I was exhausted.
November - Page 4 47620

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:34 pm

"Oh, I'm so tired and they're sooo itchy... Yes, love, that's it, that's it, that's iiiiiiiiiiiit! Just rub that in, love..."
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:58 pm

And I'm spent.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:27 pm

cheers
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:44 pm

NotBert wrote:cheers

November - Page 4 73709

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:29 am

One for the credit column.

BP taken Wednesday. 118/72. I'm a fucking dynamo, who wants it? Quick, before I go back to sleep
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Be pleased, 118/72 is the blood pressure of a 20 year old man.....I take mine very day and average out at around 120/75 thanks to medication.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:08 am

I know, Tone. Stunned doesn't come into it. I used to be 130/75 like clockwork from age 25 to 40. Then diastolic started creeping up, standard in the 80s with a hint at 90.

Then I got a new job in November. The previous fucking hole gone, my days are longer but less fraught in commute and my workaday options are more. My basic underpinning has settled no end and I'm actually quite happy for once. And my BP has dropped more points than Spurs in the last couple of months
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:48 am

NotBert wrote:  And my BP has dropped more points than Spurs in the last couple of months

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Next week
Monday - white food
Tuesday - Moviprep
Wednesday - colonoscopy
Thursday - wanking frenzy at the memory of being ass probed walking like John Wayne
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 05, 2019 11:58 pm

affraid affraid affraid affraid

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Back again, it was fine, more to follow
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 26, 2019 4:52 pm

So after a day of bland food and such on Bank Holiday Monday, Tuesday was MoviPrep.

You know how Tango tastes like chemical orange death? This makes it look like a Château Latour 2009. You pinch your nose and take big gulps. Probably tastes better coming out than going in. And it comes out soon enough. You go through the full colour chart from Tobago to Magnolia and check out with your last eatings twelve hours before your appointment and no fluids for the last two hours. It was, surprisingly, not onerous and went pretty well.

Appointment the next day involves a screen which shows the camera's location up your fundament and looks like a really lengthy game of mobile phone "Snake". Again, not onerous, jab in the back of the hand to relax and laughing gas on standby for any issues: there were none. Mind you, I did have the bonus this time of the air being pumped in and being allowed out as well. Farting blue dye has never been such a relief and I was in for about an hour, which is the lengthiest session of anal I've ever enjoyed (lost in the moment now...). As a procedure, though, seriously, it was the most innocuous version of it I've ever had. Apparently my last bit, 'the cockholder' as I've just decided to call it, is a bit narrow which suggests I wasted my time at an all boys' school.

And with that, it was over. Egg sandwich and a black coffee, debrief and home. The one remaining moment of hilarity was later on, when back on throughput, I released my first two-bobs and I momentarily panicked when it was Dulux's Baby Shit Green. Then I twigged - brown shit and blue bowel dye makes your shit a bizarre colour, and the next one still has some effect as it comes out 'Avocado Suite'. No John Wayne, no wanking frenzy.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 26, 2019 9:52 pm

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:40 pm

Fucking sneak attack this last week. More later but tonight is the first night of 'no paracetamol required'
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:25 pm

Slight bounce this week just gone, back up post-jab. Don't you fucking dare prep me for November
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:11 am

November came early. Have had an absolute stinker of a cold all week which hit its peak on Thursday night when I went for a shit and while sat on the can, wanted to hurl but couldn't, was in a progressive episode that for the first time in my life, I'd have phoned an ambulance if I'd had my phone on me. The landline would have been less than eight feet away but I was so utterly incapacitated that it wasn't an option. Waiting it out, I dragged off my t-shirt which had the effect of allowing sweat to literally run off me and puddle on the floor. The temperature reduction was enough to get me back in the room enough to resolve my lot with two paracetamol and a half hour in a dark room. Have had this before but not in years and it totally blindsided me.

Asked the boss to get me some Paramol as a result as I was going to take this down with a bit of codeine supplement and I'm getting on top of it now. Amazing how much help a single 7.46mg dose alongside the usual paracetamol gives. I was off work anyway as it's half term and as a result, I feel like the kid who breaks his leg on the first day of the summer holidays. Have had the delirious sleep, the broken sleep and today, the compensatory sleep kicked in. Looking forward to getting my legs back and seeing what 'outside' is like again.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:27 am

Shouldn't be having a flu jab mate.....they're lethal.
It's why you're ill again in my opinion.
Never had one in all my 70 years and never had flu.

November - Page 4 Downlo10

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:31 am

Haven't had it, Tone.  It's utter fucking guesswork anyway, one strand out of a possible 20+.  I always get nervous of antis whose graphics are fucking awful, though - the message loses a lot of power if you can't spell 'leukaemia', 'stabilising' and oh my stars, 'dementia'.

ALUMINIUM, ffs, goddamn Yankees
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum