Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This cunting heat

Go down

This cunting heat Empty This cunting heat

Post  Guest Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:19 pm

I live in a south facing property.
The bastard sun has not gone in for 11 weeks.
The temperature at night is 33 in the lounge and 36 in the bedroom.
I am going to die of heat stroke.
I need it to snow.
Spain was never this fucking hot.
This cunting heat 523193

Back to top Go down

This cunting heat Empty Re: This cunting heat

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:58 pm

We're south facing as well, Tone but I have become a past master at wangling a manageable air current through the house. The curtains are rarely closed until very late either - they might as well be storage heaters in this
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:37 pm

On the hottest day of the year, I was off (a Thursday, my chosen day in summer) and the kids had plans - son wants to go to the recently-opened permanent outdoor nets we now have, daughter is going to a sleepoverliterally around the corner from the ground. Aces, the park it is, educate the dog on the bus, bit of exercise and some coaching.

We got there, had a bit of a session, then I left my lad with his mate and his dad in the nets while I dropped off my daughter. Twenty minutes round trip on foot max for me.

I got back twenty minutes later and the dog looked about five pound lighter and I was doing a wet t-shirt competition that no-one would pay to see as it thundered something fucking ruthless. I was wet to my knackers, the dog's fur had flattened out and you could pick out individual hairs under my shirt. It was, however, fucking great. We netted a bit more albeit in the wettish-drying atificial surface and worked up a sweat, went home about 7. Absolutely fucking fantastic day, but if it had been autumn, I'd have been utterly fucking miserable and calling all gods bastards
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:53 pm

Written so well I thought I was there with you all as I read it Bert.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:15 am

There's a bit of Douglas Adams where Arthur Dent grabs hold of a waiter and snarls at him "Why is this fish so bloody good?". Fenchurch, his companion, says to the waiter, "Please excuse my friend. He's having a good day for once"

That's how I feel at the minute, Tone. The change of job has been the catalyst for a lot of it but I felt practically euphoric on Thursday night given the last couple of years before it.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down