Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about cultivating some home grown

2 posters

Go down

Thinking about cultivating some home grown Empty Thinking about cultivating some home grown

Post  bitofatwat Sat May 22, 2010 12:25 am

Gooseberries and Rhubarb ...any green fingered person willing to advise me Smile
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Thinking about cultivating some home grown Empty Re: Thinking about cultivating some home grown

Post  morning_glory Sat May 22, 2010 12:26 am

plenty of well rotted manure.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Thinking about cultivating some home grown Empty Re: Thinking about cultivating some home grown

Post  bitofatwat Sat May 22, 2010 12:32 am

morning_glory wrote:plenty of well rotted manure.

I dont want to grow from seed ..i want it already potted and established in say a 3 /5 litre pot so i can just put it in
Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sat May 22, 2010 1:11 am

bitofatwat wrote:
morning_glory wrote:plenty of well rotted manure.

I dont want to grow from seed ..i want it already potted and established in say a 3 /5 litre pot so i can just put it in
Very Happy

I've no idea Boat, Neutral
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 22, 2010 1:20 am

Gooseberries are pretty hardy - you can grow them above the Arctic Circle which makes them all but unique as I'm not sure any other fruit can say that. Always believed rhubarb was similar because it's an "open allotment" thing so frost mustn't be a worry. Careful with rhubarb, though, because the leaves are poisonous.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down