Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new darts

Go down

new darts Empty new darts

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:30 pm

needed to order some new flights, five minute £4 job but no, two hours in their website and bought a selection of new stems, flights and another set of darts as well Neutral

nothing wrong with the ones i have, have outscored any darts i've played with them but there was so much in the catalogue it was difficult to refuse

bowls can't be like that can it boat, they're just round bits of wood aren't they?

Back to top Go down

new darts Empty Re: new darts

Post  bitofatwat Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:45 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:needed to order some new flights, five minute £4 job but no, two hours in their website and bought a selection of new stems, flights and another set of darts as well Neutral

nothing wrong with the ones i have, have outscored any darts i've played with them but there was so much in the catalogue it was difficult to refuse

bowls can't be like that can it boat, they're just round bits of wood aren't they?

No Abdul..... bowls are much varied in that they are either wood (lignum vitae or Composite ) then they come in standard density, low density , high density and different bias, but most are a standard 2bias like the official jack in crown green.

Ive got 8 sets but now only play with the vintage lignum woods with ivory disks , Apparently they once belonged to a renowned bowler from Cheshire (his initials W S ) who won the isle of man title a few times spanning the lates 20s untill the 50s . Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:47 pm

quality, like my billiard cues i only use the old one-piece job, all the money i spent on expensive hand-made multiple piece crap and gave away

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:quality, like my billiard cues i only use the old one-piece job, all the money i spent on expensive hand-made multiple piece crap and gave away

Sometimes it fucks up your game messing with different bowls, ive stuck with these now for 14 months and my game as improved no end.

Being Wood they run a lot further than plasitic and when the green is running fast in the summer months you can more or less just put them down and follow them at a brisk walking pace on a 30 yard mark Laughing
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:54 pm

the new darts i've ordered are similar grips, barrels 1mm longer and 1g lighter than what i currently use but this should be offset by the different stems/flights and i should get a flatter trajectory and entry in the board - well, that's the plan anyway

laters

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:58 pm

Abdul Kowalski wrote:the new darts i've ordered are similar grips, barrels 1mm longer and 1g lighter than what i currently use but this should be offset by the different stems/flights and i should get a flatter trajectory and entry in the board - well, that's the plan anyway

laters

have a good night abdul Wink
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down