Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cup Final Tickets - Page 15 Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 pm

NotBert wrote:One-nil loss to Newtown and Mark Aizlewood in prison.

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:30 pm

Frozen off on Thursday night which is suitable consideration for Barry as they'd have had to have started off about two hours later to get to us for a fucking 1pm kickoff on a Saturday.

Rail strike here as well so a lot of ifs and buts were put to bed early.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 pm

Llandudno at Maesdu last night.

Took the lead, Myles scoring his first for the club, I think, which given we scored 115 in the league alone last year and he was there for most of it is nothing short of spectacular. Second half, they get two and we win a penalty and Steady converts having got a start on the bench for the first time in a while on 88 and we draw there 2-2.

Aber won at Newtown and Carmarthen lost too so it looks like we and they are done. The Alliance will be massively competitive next year as well and there's talk of it being brought under the direct auspices of the FAW. We'll see.

Other news of the week is that there'll be a name in the Welsh Cup this year that hasn't been seen on it for at least six years - TNS put out by GCQ midweek, leaving them in with Newtown, Abertystwythand most-recent previous winner left, Bangor. GCQ drew Bangor as well, so that's the money tie...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:21 pm

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 pm

Lost to the only goal at home to Carmarthen last week. Couldn't go, been ill.

We lose at Barry tomorrow and relegation should be confirmed
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:26 pm

No

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:52 pm

We lost, we're down. Ah well.

Feel like shit currently, but not because of this. Fuck it, next year we cross swords again with Airbus, Holywell and monumentally, Rhyl. Looks like Caernarfon will finally get up (couldn't be happier for them) and Llanelli have got the south boxed off. I hope they both get licences, Llanelli folded for the sake of £23k, FFS, nice to show it can be done (Barry and Rhyl have done much the same, as of course did we)
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:02 pm

Cup Final Tickets - Page 15 523193

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Amazing fortnight or so. Two 0-0 draws this week where we played for all but eight minutes of the two games without a recognised keeper.

Our second keeper has moved on and Carlo was sent off, straight red, after 8 minutes on Tuesday. Hayesy went in and played a blinder, stopped everything. Fez did the job last night and did the same.

Last round had Cefn beat GCQ, Bangor beat Bala and TNS and Cardiff Met drew so Cefn end up fifth, Bangor second. Now...

Three sides failed to get their licence and needed to appeal. Bangor, GCQ and Llanelli. We withdrew our application as we were already down. GCQ are in the Welsh Cup final against Aber and running for a direct place in Europe, as are Bangor.

Appeals committee met on Thursday and granted Llanelli their promotion back to the top tier, mirroring Barry last year, confirmed GCQ and told Bangor to fuck off, finances at Nantporth have been in the spotlight for a while and clearly all is not right with the new owners. They go down with us and the Alliance next year looks fucking huge. GCQ go straight into Europe as a result, Bala will follow them if GCQ win the Welsh Cup next week and the playoffs are decimated in that situation as Cefn would be left with a home tie against Met or Barry for the third slot.

And I couldn't get there Friday but Hayesy called time on fifteen years at the club, third tier to Welsh Cup winner and Europe, skipper for at least twelve and a very tidy centre back who was unrelentingly consistent and excellently so. His son will probably follow in his footsteps, but they're bloody big shoes to fill.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:29 am

Never a dull moment in Welsh footie!
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 06, 2018 2:40 pm

The odyssey that began on this thread was 5 years ago today. I have loved pretty much every minute, be it relegation, promotion, Welsh Cup win or losing in the last eight when we hadn't been behind in the previous two-and-three-quarter hours.

Welsh Cup Final live on S4C (coincidentally the same date) in five minutes.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun May 13, 2018 8:07 pm

GCQ win the Welsh Cup, so Bala go into Europe and Cefn have a home game against Met for the last place in the Europa (they saw off Barry)

Bangor have lost their management team - I assume they can't afford them and the fire sale of players will follow next. Thin times ahead at Nantporth
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Great thread Bert.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Thu May 24, 2018 10:50 am

Nobby Cheese wrote:Great thread Bert.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu May 24, 2018 10:52 pm

Oh my fucking stars.

Over the last couple of days, the twins left, Zeb went with them, TK left today as has the Flake, Damo went but hasn't really been sighted for a while and by far and away the biggest news, Parker has gone.

He's called time after joining at 17, thirteen years and the last three or four in particular he has been immense. He's going to GCQ which, if that's the case, they become a knocking shout to knock TNS off the top next year.

Casting around, we still have a side - Fez and Myles need to stay sound but are a cracking back duo. We need a left and right back and some weight up front but we have a surfeit of midfield still and pretty experienced midfield at that. Bangor meanwhile have signed former TNS boss and Hartlepool-for-half-a-season manager Craig Harrison. They've also brought Les Davies back. This could be a long summer
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Carlo has gone back to Holyhead as well. Rumblings are that Steady (which would be the fourth club captain leaving in a month), the Flake and TK are all going to Flint but nothing is confirmed. One of the twins and the younger brother have gone to Llandudno, as I think has elder brother Kai (who was at GCQ) which means only Noah is untracked and he's the one who is on the edge of the Wales C side. I think he'll end up at GCQ, though - Morrison's got a head of steam under them.

GCQ meanwhile stand a fair chance of drawing Steven Gerrard's Rangers in Europe...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat May 26, 2018 10:46 pm

NotBert wrote:
NotBert wrote:Ends up 1-5, never in danger, led from inside 20, two up halfway and gave one back on the hour at 0-4.

Still get a decent drink out of it (pennies at 95s for the correct score) and if I had to give it up for a fifth, it was for Steady to complete a hat-trick.  Sgorio a must-watch, I fancy

Remember this?

Champions League final was in Cardiff.

Thought I'd have a go at the correct score.  RM 3 Juve 1, 22s.  FFS

Because they couldn't win by that score the year after, could they?
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:31 pm

Right.

Hayesy retired.
Parker has gone to GCQ; Noah (twin A) has gone with him; Jack Kenny has been enticed back as well by Morrison
Zy (twin B) has gone to Llandudno with younger brother Zeb and Damo as well
TK has left, rumour is for Flint (where Jacko went last season); Steady has also been rumoured to have done the same and the Flake also - Flint are about to announce their squad for next season and Niall McGuinness reckons it's their strongest for years
Carlo has gone back to Holyhead

Gaz Willo, manager since January, resigned yesterday. Club meeting Monday

The reserves won their league. Given what we have left (unconfirmed) they're the majority of the first XI now - no word on Fez and Myles, Ben and Alec, everyone else is new or junior.

My point? We fight on but fuck me, Connah's Quay look like championship material - Michael Wilde and JK will feed off each other, their midfield has possibly the best in the league at the minute in Parker, eeryone is signing new contracts or signing up and Morrison has got them playing and some weight going forward.

They're a bet. Wouldn't mind a price now
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:51 pm

I may have a small interest.
Good luck with the new look squad.
By the way, what happened to Puskas? Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:55 am

Tone, I honestly don't know. He left in that first season in the Alliance and tbh I don't think he was happy about it. Not sure if there was something disciplinary about it, haven't heard of him since (he came from literally up the road) and I do go looking every so often to see if he's resurfaced. May not have been in love with the game and was a new father as well. He is knocking 30 now.

NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:48 pm

More...

Of the undecideds, the Flake did turn up at Flint, Steady was offered a package at Flint so went to Rhyl for less, Ben is staying in the Prem with the Cofis, Rossco also went with him, Fez finally left (which is a blow) and Ross Weaver went to Denbigh.

So we lost:
Carlo (Holyhead)

TK (Flint)
Zeb Edwards (Llandudno)
Hayesy (retired)
Fez (no news yet but has left)

Parker (GCQ)
Noah (GCQ)
Zyacc (Llandudno)
Rossco (Caernarfon)

Ben (Caernarfon)
Damo (Llandudno)

Steady (Rhyl)
Ross Weaver (Denbigh)
The Flake (Flint)

And also Gaz Willo

No word on Alec, Myles and Connor but I'd fancy that Alec and Connor would stay at least.

The new bosses have been drafted in from Kinmel Bay, who won their league last season (the Vale of Clwyd and Conwy league, 5th tier, and a newly formed club) and who have in their side Kieran Ellis, who was at Town as a teen and played in the WPL, albeit not particularly gloriously. They've pilfered a few of their players and the development kids who made the step up and played first team last season have signed up. There's been no word of the mid-season buys Oli and Louis so I'd assume they're stopping to get first team football. Lots of changes and not only for us...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:19 pm

New brooms sweep clean.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:19 am

Alex Jones has come back from Rhyl, which is a big positive as he was a cracking find when we first took him on but he moved to Rhyl when we went down a couple of years back. We've also signed a left back ex-Para. I am very much intrigued as to how we'e going to shape up - we've got a lot of tidy kids and a couple of old heads tying it all together. We could be absolutely anything.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:50 pm

Fez went to Rhyl.

HMRC filed a petition to wind up Bangor on Friday. Bangor has so far yet to comment, but they're in court 08/08 and they could find themselves besieged by other creditors now the petition has been filed. Could be curtains for them. They're recruiting heavily and yet they don't have a penny to their name? No wonder they didn't get licensed
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:47 am

Nobby Cheese wrote:New brooms sweep clean.

Connor went to Conwy
Alec to Aberystwyth
Myles to Flint (no sense of alliteration, that boy) all this week

That's them all. The entire promotion side, the club that saved itself, the squad that pitched in at the outset with the players' own pot from fines and so forth, all gone inside two years.

Would love to know the inside skinny. May yet get to
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next