Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Cup Final Tickets - Page 18 Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  Guest Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:07 pm

A 42 point deduction.
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:21 pm

3 points a game for fourteen violations. The FAW have little tolerance
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Appeal went in, large chunks upheld but successfully had the deduction halved. 21 point deduction means they reduced to 30 points which means they stayed up on fucking goal difference with two other sides level.

Bastards get away with it even when they don't get away with it.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:26 pm

affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 pm

Pre-season looks handsome as we stuck 5 past Tranmere today without reply. Haven't been to see them in the handful of games so far as my lad (and occasionally, me when there's a need) is playing club cricket. Ican still do it, it seems, but I only make myself available if there's not enough (we have five XIs) - man's got to know his limitations
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:36 pm

Tranmere will be having a long cold winter.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:42 pm

Comfortable 4-2 league cup win yesterday. 4 different scorers, which bodes well
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:37 pm

cheers
Meanwhile, Tranmere got stuffed at home.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:58 pm

Put top flight Cefn out the League Cup Saturday, bearding them in their own harbour 2-1.

I was meanwhile to play cricket on a pitch which was almost literally underwater. It was called off when we travelled to St Helens, presumably as they played poker with our assertion that we had a team and so made us show up as a forfeit is a 35-point turnaround in what was a top-of-the-table clash.

Not bluffing, cheeky fuckers
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:30 pm

The cunts.

Meanwhile, Tranmere fucked again.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:16 am

The league starts with two Friday games (fucking FAW) and we won 1-0 against Guilsfield and last night, 6-1 at Corwen including Rob Hughes scoring a hat-trick of pens. I remember Andy Blair doing that and Jan Molby as well, and Martin Palermo missing a hat-trick. Looking good
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:48 am

A hat trick of penalties?
A collector's item.
Something Pogba would never manage.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:02 am

Lost 2-1 at Rhyl last week, once again a stupid fucking date to play them. 540 gate is low, still top on GD. Colwyn Bay at home today, not going but by fuck I wish I were
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Get back to England, Colwyn. 3-1 win and we stay top, three of us on 12 points. If at this very early stage I were to make a call, then the Flint games will be crucial
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:20 pm

7-0 win at Conwy midweek, 2-1 on Friday v Buckley and we're top on our own with a massive GD. First game I'll get to will be October 5 because of this Friday bollocks, away at Flint which may at this point be an early title decider.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:25 am

cheers bounce cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:15 pm

Another 'give 'em a start and we'll still win' at the weekend as we left it late but the Flake notched the winner from off the bench in the 86th minute, 1-2 at Porthmadog. It's the Conmen on Friday, at our ground so at least we know the gas and water will be on. Big two weeks with Flint away the week after
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:49 pm

Bangor tonight was a test, but a surprisingly small gate of 341 suggests that there's a fan base there that is staying away from the English bastards.

Anyway, a tight game as it always is, after a goalless first half we managed to nick it when Griff managed a last minute goal that saw us home 7-0 having scored six in the previous 37 minutes. Bangor went down to ten with a second yellow at 3-0, used all three subs, had another man sent off at the death and a third who had to go off injured with all subs used, so not only did we twat them, but they suffered insult to injury through insult and injury. I hope I stop laughing before Flint next week
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:58 pm

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:30 pm

From last November

NotBert wrote:The Flint game was second against second bottom. A train had hit someone and the Chester connection was a half hour late and superseded by the next one. We got to Bastion Gardens five minutes after kick off and saw Flint converting a penalty between the houses. Losing 0-1 and we weren't yet in the ground.

We had the best of it from thereon in. We were particularly strong down the right and Alec was forever dangerous down the left. Griff had one in the net which was ruled out for offside way back in the move, which seemed slack decision making. It wasn't the last that would come up.

We equalised on 19 after concerted pressure and missed a clutch of chances to go in front, including twatting the woodwork 3 times. On 23, they hit the woodwork with a bender that went in, cracking strike but fuck our luck. We were taking the game to them, though, and they were hanging on. Just on the half, one of their lads threw one of those "please send me off" headbutts and amazingly, got sent off. In we went on the half, 1-2, game very much in the balance and chips were tidy.

2nd half was more of the same. Danny Davies was having a particularly good game at right mid and the overlap down the right was causing Jacko, our old stalwart and now Flint left back some problems. On 66, after a couple of other decent chances, Danny stepped inside on the edge of the box and went left footed which was never going anywhere else but in. 2-2. Danny stepped inside again nine minutes later and Jacko got a piece of him right on the edge of the box. Ref was on it and gave the pen. Griff set it down in what is now a huge divot and unfortunately couldn't get the weight on it he wanted and the keeper saved. Fuck off.

Three minutes later, the ref, who was having an increasing mare as the game boiled up, saw our right back and their left back go for a 50/50. Our guy Ben gets there first, one-footed bone cruncher of a tackle, and Jacko's boot comes off and he stays down (and Jacko don't do that). Ref sees the boot and gives out a straight red. Hayesy says something and he reds him as well. Two reds for a fair tackle, great. Alec switches left attack to right back, Danny goes CB from RM, we're a reshuffled nine against ten and it's still all us. We miss a couple of bloody good chances that were easier to score and on 95 they launch one that we misjudge the bounce in the LB slot, winger picks it up, checks inside and curls it in the corner. Fucking mugged. Jacko had to go off, was down for five mins but was a bit sore, nothing worse as he confirmed to me on Twitter later. You don't get that in the English Premier...

We won 6-3 in the Welsh Cup yesterday. We look a unit and the table belies our performances now.

GCQ played Barry yesterday with TNS having lost at home on Friday so they were already third and GCQ and Barry 1v2. 2-2 draw. Top two separated by goal difference and TNS two points off.

NotBert wrote:It was a game for the watching, Tone. Oddly enough, every time I see us take Flint on, it ends up 3-2 or near enough one way or the other. Don't think I've ever been there when neither side has failed to score twice

Flint is, unintentionally, a hard game (hard - flint? No? Fuck off then...). And yes, I went, me and the shavers. Daughter asked me what the result will be. Without missing a beat, I said we win 3-2. She asked why, I said 'We've been here twice before and we won both 3-2, the twice at home ended up 2-2 and 2-3, there's history'.

We got there a shade late because of earlier commitments, at 0-0 twenty in. We had an oddish look about us as Parker was at centre back when of course he would own midfield - Hayesy walked past us behind the goal and coming back and told us he had a hamstring, probably back next week. The kids of old have thickened out a bit. I thought Rob Hughes was Griff (unfortunately had my non-seeing geps) as he's beefed up since he was the floppy-haired slight kid when we had him last. Zebb has filled out and looks a sterner proposition now and fuck me, no. 20? Is that Steady back? Can't be, he's got a beard and Steady is a right babyface and isn't back here y... (raises arm and plays ball) IT'S FUCKING STEADY! I'd know that shape anywhere no matter how poor/indifferent my distance viewing is. Anyway, we got to around abut half time and then an arse end setpiece ends up with the keeper going up for it, falling back, not having full control and Jack Kenny nodding it in. Right on half time injury as well. Except... from a minute or so of the restart, one of our lads gets clattered, yellow comes out for the clatterer, bit of a scuffle and it all goes off just before the whistle. Whistle goes, they troop off and we weren't aware from around the stand but it appears Jack Kenny was sent off and the Flint manager was redded to the stand as well for landing one on Gibbo in the tunnel.

11 v 10 thinned us out enough to make us a bit vulnerable and an early corner ends in an equaliser. We get pulled for a couple of offsides, one which was but the linesman seemed to listen to the crowd while the other wasn't because I was in line with it and the linesman was ten yards off it. Rob Hughes decided to berate the linesman as 'mad' repeatedly. Jordan's back same as ever only I hope without his errant penis and was running that offside line well to the tune that a bit later, he chases another through ball, keeper comes ôut, CB getsthere and Jord is half a pace behind. Keeper wellies it, right into the CB and Jord is about to pass him and has a chance of a first time knock in from a tight angle. Keeper tries to get back but doesn't and Jord first time doesn't miss to the point that the backtracker near the line had no chance. 2-1. They kick off and a couple of minutes later put a move together that ends in another flick header that ended a tidy move to make it 2-2. We're still competitive but they've missed a chance of two while Jord is increasingly hot to handle for us. One such situation arises where he latches on to a through ball, nudges it past the keeper who makes a regulation take down, yellow only because you don't get a red for it any more and we have a pen with a few scant minutes to go to make it 3-2. Rob Hughes slots. Can we hang out for the last few? Well, hero Jordan turns villain as he drop a Flinter in the box and reciprocates with a pen. I said to the kids 'Wide, save or over - I say over'. My lad says 'goal'. It's a rollover because it was saved. We had a couple of spectacularly close chances late on to make it safe but we weren't lucky enugh to put them away and they couldn't break us down so Doris Stokes had her day again and we won, three-two.

Good to be back
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Oh, and TNS are fourth in the top flight. But for goal difference, they would be fifth as well
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:49 pm

Welsh football sounds great fun.
Nice that you take the kids.

As for "the Flint manager was redded to the stand as well for landing one on Gibbo in the tunnel"

lol! lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:44 am

Amazingly, over two years since I've seen us win, Tone, although not driving, coupled with the fucking Fridays, has put the kibosh on a lot of them.  Last time was 1-0 over Barry, look back on this thread.  Since then Barry have made Europe and are top, nine games in with a four point cushion.

Feels fucking great.  Could even be in the hunt for silverware as the poor relation League Cup has fallen apart with next to no top flight interest left in it at last eight, Bala or Bangor for a semis slot
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:47 pm

Llangefni at home tomorrow. Going, brother included. Watch out for news stories
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 am

2-0, the ground has had a couple of slight modifications including a catch net at the Pontins end either to stop wayward shots going into the chalets and tennis courts or to keep out the dirty weekenders, stags and hens and families off Shameless. I think it's obligatory that they have to have some twat clientle at Pontins to offset the young families who are thoroughly enjoying themselves, and the On The Buses conventions.

Both goals in the first hald a minute or so apart, Steady turning in a rebound off the post from Jordan while the entire population tried to claim about six offsides which weren't even close (they were all right in front of us and the linesman was bang on up with play) and then Jordan twatting a cross at The Flake from about six yards and pinballing it in off his chest which was their only real option and successfully so. We never really hit our straps after that but bar one or two post-corner scrambles, we were quite comfortable.

Got chips in front of Jack Kenny with whom I sympathised over the red last week - asking him if I nudged him while I was getting vinegar is he suspended next week as well? - and a retired Jacko was there as well. The boot incident from last year tipped him that way as he not only felt it but felt he was losing that yard of pace that would have saved that ball going 50-50. Didn't stop one or two of the faithful try and re-sign him - he looks like he could still do a job.

They've moved Ben into that hole Beckenbauer played out of and it suits him. Proper graft out of him yesterday and he was excellent - being Parker while Parker was being immaculate elsewhere. Rob Hughes meanwhile had a day where everything he tried didn't come off but he was nevertheless a constant danger. The wrinkle is that he knew it wasn't his day and apologised to us all later, which given the points were in the bag, was nice to hear in terms of ethic but unnecessary because even as it was it was good enough for the win. Danny Davies meanwhile is looking an awesome prospect
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 21 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next