Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles.

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles. Empty relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:00 pm

had an okay sort of day i suppose.
nicked a few crumbs from the dining-table that is betfair.
trying not to let the sight of lardthing lounging on the sofa get to me.
and well,
i'm cool. Cool drunken

Back to top Go down

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles. Empty Re: relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:43 pm

2x2ltr,
in two days. Surprised
that is so not me.

Back to top Go down

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles. Empty Re: relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles.

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:04 pm

drunken 🐘 drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:06 pm

no,
not at all.
was just like drinking pop.
but then,
it IS cheapo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:11 pm

The booze here in Spain is ridiculously cheap Eric.
The local plonk is 40 pence a litre!
Beer is 25pence a can and spirits about a third of the British price.
bounce bounce bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:13 pm

what's the healthcare like out there?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:17 pm

erixter wrote:what's the healthcare like out there?

About 27 times better than in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:18 pm

good eh?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:31 pm

Very good....I haven't seen a single cctv camera or traffic warden in the 9 weeks I've been here either.
And you can park your car where you want.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:The booze here in Spain is ridiculously cheap Eric.
bounce bounce bounce

Can you still buy "penny back on the bottle", Tony?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 pm

Bert wrote:
Nobby Cheese wrote:The booze here in Spain is ridiculously cheap Eric.
bounce bounce bounce

Can you still buy "penny back on the bottle", Tony?

The cheap local wines are in cartons nowadays mate.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 pm

What about the beer? Granted it's over twenty years since I was out there but I well remember buying Alhambra by the 2 litre "deposit on the bottle" for IIRC 36p (net), walking back from there, picking up today's bread (two basic barras - one for later, one warm now) for about ten/fifteen pence each from the bakery with the abuela behind the counter who was still in mourning for Franco, hence the black dress, with a cuña or two which was frankly the greatest confectionery product ever more.

After that, still on the same street, the crisp shop, where the bloke would basically spend the day watching footie (there was always some footie on the telly, whether it be the U19s European qualifiers or the Asian U17s Yet Facially Hairy Championships) while frying his own crisps in olive oil. Diez duros de patatas fritas, diez duros de gusanitos. You just don't have that here.

Fucking mint on a Saturday night if you weren't going into town, sorted for a night in front of the box, waiting for the European roundup, snacks to excess for about two nicker.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:46 pm

Sounds lovely Bert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:31 pm

A far simpler time, Tony. You can't argue with a country that has shops that just sell (excepting maybe some choice wine) Manchego by the whole wheel and Serrano ham by the pig.

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:53 pm

do they still chuck donkeys off church steeples Rolling Eyes
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:00 pm

morning_glory wrote:do they still chuck donkeys off church steeples Rolling Eyes

Not between the Spar and the flat, MG, no.

Every country has its horrors. The fact that any protest in this country will usually involve a few thousand and police brutality for free but over a million will have the red carpet rolled out by the same Met and will occupy the capital just so that it can bellyache about hounds not savaging foxes because "we don't understand their ways" does not cover rural UK in glory either

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:06 pm

Bullfighting and the like will slowly die out here over the next 20 years.
The younger generation have no time for it.

Back to top Go down

Post  morning_glory Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:11 pm

Britain is not totally innocent when it comes to animal cruelty, but we do have laws.The Spanish mindset ( of course there are exceptions) is, they are only animals.I remember the donkey and the Sun campaign years ago. I helped in campaigns years ago and im well aware of what happens.
morning_glory
morning_glory

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:12 pm

I'd imagine that the betting aspect of it is all but dead, Tony, through competition. You can raise cows practically anywhere now as well. Landowners don't employers peasants as casual labour any more.

Three good economic reasons why it is anachronistic. Haven't even got to the lack of need for Toledo steel and the cruelty angle

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:29 pm

If i was a bull, i think i'd rather pit my wits against a bloke dressed like a pansy, with a slim chance of gauging the fucker, dont think i'd mind been killed in battle tbh, must be much better than getting into a lorry, stunned and throat slit at the abbotoir. Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:32 pm

bitofatwat wrote:If i was a bull, i think i'd rather pit my wits against a bloke dressed like a pansy, with a slim chance of gauging the fucker, dont think i'd mind been killed in battle tbh, must be much better than getting into a lorry, stunned and throat slit at the abbotoir. Very Happy

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:35 pm

Nobby Cheese wrote:
bitofatwat wrote:If i was a bull, i think i'd rather pit my wits against a bloke dressed like a pansy, with a slim chance of gauging the fucker, dont think i'd mind been killed in battle tbh, must be much better than getting into a lorry, stunned and throat slit at the abbotoir. Very Happy

affraid

Dont think i could take any form of execution lying down tony. Laughing
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:41 pm

bitofatwat wrote:
Nobby Cheese wrote:

affraid

Dont think i could take any form of execution lying down tony. Laughing

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles. Execution_table_01

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 pm

Some bulls don't fight, BOAT, but Spanish law is that once they go in the ring, they can't come out alive, whether it's through the fight or through being shepherded out by a special herd and slaughtered.

In the ring of course, they are speared by blokes on an armoured horse (which will take a hammering - horse deaths used to be a given as well before the days of armour), then speared by more blokes which both maddens and weakens them, then they have the fancy steps to tire them a bit more. At the end, the bloke with a cape and a sword hidden behind it goes for the heart shot as it passes.

I'd prefer the slicked piston, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:47 pm

Let's cheer ourselves up with this:

relaxing with crumpton oaks,and recycling green plastic bottles. Matador-gored-by-bull-5668-1243567200-8

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next