Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make up an Italian football team

2 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 Empty Re: Make up an Italian football team

Post  NotBert Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:36 pm

Add Joe-Max Moore, ex-Everton, and this side is beginning to look striker-heavy...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 Empty Re: Make up an Italian football team

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:08 am

So we have

Ugo Ehiogu

Lou Macari, Joe Cole

Ian Ure, Robbie Earle, Joe Max Moore

TRANSFER NEWS - ex-Arsenal and Middlesbrough's Jeremie Aliadiere says he is looking forward to the challenge A striker whose vowel to consonant strike rate is a phenomenal 10-6 and whose 8 syllables in 16 letters has not gone unnoticed
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:29 am

Players are joining thick and fast as long-serving Welsh international keeper, Everton and Wrexham stalwart and current Sgorio team member Dai Davies puts pen to paper.

Dai Davies

Ian Ure, Ugo Ehiogu

Lou Macari, Joe Cole

Robbie Earle, Joe Max Moore, Jeremie Aliadiere

(Ian Ure rang to point out that he was in fact a defender. "People used to mix me up with Alan Gilzean and Colin Stein all the time. I blame Rothman's annuals")
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:36 am

Eusebio may have died four years ago, but he isn't forgotten.  Unfortunately, having never played in a UK professional league, he is ruled out because we could finish it in five minutes flat, as he is 5-2 in vowels to consonants and 5 syllables in 7 letters if you pronounce it correctly, which is a craft that Aliadiere can only aspire to.

The Everton tokens begin to stack up, however, as Manchester-born Irish international Eamonn O'Keefe accepts a midfield slot having shown his distribution to be so tidy that he could spare a superfluous "N". Prolific up front as well as liking his home roots (he seems to have played most of his English career in a one hour radius of Manchester) he could be versatile within the lineup
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:16 pm

As they stack up, another two Everton tokens and strikers come in as Peter Eastoe and Paul Rideout join the ranks.  Never two without three (and four) Paolo Di Canio makes a third "P" striker and the Tranmere/Rotherham shuttle that is Ronnie Moore makes a fourth.  Former Spur and celebrity shagger Jamie O'Hara attempts to redress the balance by coming into midfield and "one cap wonder" Aberdeen Cup Winners' Cup winner Doug Rougvie bolsters the back four. Hundred-cap Chilean and ex-Birmingham and Wigan wing back Jean Beausejour also makes the cut
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 am

Great stuff Bert.
cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:18 am

A big one today and the same well as before - what is it about the L4 postcode?  William Dean was stopped initially but when he said "They call me Dixie", then the 60 goals in a league season legend Dixie Dean was welcomed on board.

Another international associated with one club, albeit less successfully as a player, would be Forest long-server Liam O'Kane, comfortable at right back or centre back and capped 20 times by Norn Iron.

Diego Simeone, Diego Maradona, Luigi Riva and Gaetano Scirea are amazed that they can't get in the side but the Newcastle low-rate strike twins of Lomana LuaLua and Shola Ameobi can. Reuben Agboola recalls his Southampton days to fill the left back slot as well
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:42 am

NotBert wrote:

Dai Davies

Liam O'Kane, Ian Ure, Ugo Ehiogu, Doug Rougvie, Reuben Agboola, Jean Beausejour

Lou Macari, Joe Cole, Eamonn O'Keefe, Jamie O'Hara

Robbie Earle, Joe Max Moore, Jeremie Aliadiere, Dixie Dean, Shola Ameobi, Lomana Lualua, Peter Eastoe, Paul Rideout, Ronnie Moore, Paolo Di Canio
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:21 am

Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 pm

They've taken the name

Airdrieonians

Home ground is either
Haig Avenue (Southport) for an ex-league club in an existing ground
Maine Road (Man City) for an existing league club in an ex-ground

Eddie Howe will manage

Last edited by NotBert on Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:56 pm

Great work Bert.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:02 pm

"Now, who can we play against?"
"I've an idea?"
"What's that, Ian?"
"Well", said Ian Ure, "I was talking to Luka Modric and Ian Rush last week..."
"Ye-es?"
"And they were thinking about putting a side of players who have no duplicate letters in their name."
"OK?"
"Well, I'd be eligible but I'm already in the vowels club..."
"Interesting..."
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:43 pm

There was talk of the ex-Prestatyn lads taking the lead on this as

Carl Jones
Myles Hart and
Jack Lewis

All offered to get in the back four and keeper job, but manager Brian Clough, who had the choice of his own City Ground and Anfield for starters, as well as the names Bury and Fulham had already done the "Everton" thing of the other vowels eleven and found two full backs in John Bailey and Ray Wilson, centre back Mick Lyons as well as pre-Southall senior Jim Arnold.  Add the present day Tom Davies and the side is looking very blue in orientation.

"Actually, young man, I have a plethora of 'keepers.  I have Joe Hart and Tim Flowers with England caps without looking too hard...  What I don't have is anyone who can rival me with an eleven unique letter name..."
Rodney Marsh then walked in with a grin that vanished as Phil Boersma said "of course, Anfield was my home midden, and you have two Rs, Rodders...".  "My back yard too" said Ron Yeats

"Bet you some of these hookey twenties I can find a twelve" said ex-Everton and many others Mickey Thomas...(tbc)
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:04 pm

"Not that difficult" said former Chelsea stalwart John Bumstead but I've got "bum" in my name as well...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:31 am

Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784 Make up an Italian football team - Page 2 1262168784

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:59 am

NotBert wrote:"Bet you some of these hookey twenties I can find a twelve" said ex-Everton and many others Mickey Thomas...(tbc)

"Mickey, lad, you have two Ms, now fuck off" said Mick Jones
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:06 pm

Everton enquire about the eligibilty of Jim Pearson and another fucking Blue striker makes the cut
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:11 pm

Ron Davies and Wyn Davies are happy to go on with the surname
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:04 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:18 pm

Jock Stein has thrown his hat into the ring for the boss's job. "I'll bring Denis Law as well" said another manager who brought the European Cup home. Luke Shaw has put in a query as well.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:45 am

"Maybe I could escape to victory as well?" offered threepenny-bit-faced John Wark.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:03 am

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:57 am

"All these blues in the side, I could marshall them on or off the park" said Colin Harvey
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 pm

"Can I get in on the Everton striker vowel action?" said Oumar Niasse
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:39 am

cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next