Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cup Final Tickets

3 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Cup Final Tickets - Page 5 Empty Re: Cup Final Tickets

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:58 pm

NotBert wrote:

Talking of trouble, the bloke who was sent off, when walking through the fans behind the goal, whipped a cup of coffee off a fan and threw it at the fans.  Cantona, Welsh-style...

lol! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:03 pm

Better again, Tone, is if he'd done that at Cefn rather than Prestatyn, someone would have been in danger of a serious china-related injury... Laughing
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:58 pm

Had been considering going to Nantporth Friday but wasn't up to it in the end. As it was, they held firm for an hour then shed four in the last half. Bangor's win had the counterpoint of Rhyl winning late at Cefn (they were a stonking bet at 6/4, they've yet to lose to a side beneath them all season) which means Cefn, yet to host Bangor again, with six to play, are only 2 clear of Bangor. Bangor threw everything they could at that transfer window and it looks like they'll get to safety as a result.

Town aren't a million miles away from needing snookers, particularly as Carmarthen shed a two goal lead at home to GCQ to lose - the bottom five as they were are now a bottom three with a four point gap to ninth.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:30 am

NotBert wrote: they were a stonking bet at 6/4
Next time, tell me BEFORE the game.
Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:38 pm

I believe GCQ are fielding the kids on Saturday in the Welsh Cup against TNS. Recent history has them losing heavily to TNS, this might go beyond that... TNS have managed 4 or more in four of the last five meetings. They are 11-0-1 in twelve fixtures over eight years.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:28 am

Half time at home to GCQ last night - 0-3. 65 mins - 0-3. 75 mins - 3-3. Two minutes from time - 3-4.

Fucking unreal
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 pm

NotBert wrote:Half time at home to GCQ last night - 0-3.  65 mins - 0-3.  75 mins - 3-3.  Two minutes from time - 3-4.

Fucking unreal

affraid cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:19 pm

...and a further loss to Rhyl last night all but cements the relegation. Bangor, meanwhile, are planning the Great Escape - a point behind Cefn with Cefn still to play, they threw money at the transfer window and it looks like it will pay off.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:47 pm

Relegated. 12 points to play for, Cefn 12 ahead, Bangor 11 ahead and they have to meet each other so they can theoretically catch one but not both.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:38 pm

I'm going to Wembley tomorrow,first time at the new stadium
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:26 pm

Never been and never had the desire to go, Jonesy - perverse as it may sound spending time as I did at Anfield, I'm not one for crowds and local opinion is that the old Wembley was a fucking shed despite the unerring regularity of Liverpool getting there and tickets still being like gold dust. Hope you have a good day out, though - it must be an improvement. Do not bring home something underaged... Laughing
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:01 pm

At my age all I'm worried about is being cold Neutral
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 pm

Too easy.

My old man always said "it's a brave man who goes the match without a coat". You'll be fine, if you need warmth you can have the dispensation to pick something up to keep you warm, just make sure he's at least sixth form... Razz
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  missyj Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:42 pm

It wasn't too bad weather wise ,stadium is magnificent Very Happy
missyj
missyj

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:43 pm

Went to Cefn on Friday.  Spent half an hour before kick off trying to get a fucking bet on (Seasiders were around 4/1 which was huge) and failed.

Game was scrappy - neither side have a focus up front (Michael Parker, fresh from his mate's wedding and turning up in all his finery, was pitched in as a makeshift centre forward, which means he's had more positions this season than Ron Jeremy's autobigraphy) and there was a lot of kicking for position ( Laughing ) but Town were coming off the better side.  The pricing was off because the previous meetings this season weren't a fair representation of the sides and if you stripped it down, this game was a pick 'em at best, not 1/2 vs 4/1.

Cefn direly needed the win but that counts for fuck all and after an hour or so, they gave away a soft penalty which was converted by said Parker.  1-0 it stayed, Cefn had two men sent off in injury time (just what you need with two games of the season left) and my brother picked a fight after the final whistle with a midfielder who was sent off at Prestatyn and smashed a paper cup of coffee over a bloke in the crowd when he was.  Said midfielder replied by calling him a bellend and offering him out in the car park.  You don't get that in the Premier (except maybe off John Terry).

The league has got even more interesting with two to play.  Bala have to find enough points to get over the line for second, 3 in front of Airbus but facing Aber and TNS.  Airbus need to overhaul Bala (third will however make Europe directly if TNS win the cup) and face TNS and Newtown.  Aber are outsiders but could they conceivably find a 16 goal turnaround, win both and find the six points that get them 2nd?  They have Bala and Port Talbot.

The next mashup is for 7th and Euro playoffs.
Rhyl are on 39, GD -8
Carmarthen, 39, GD -9
GCQ 37, GD -11

Rhyl have Cefn and Bangor
Carmarthen have GCQ and Cefn
GCQ have Carmarthen and Prestatyn

GCQ could very well nick that, the spawny fuckers, although I'd have to say Rhyl.

11th -
Bangor 29 GD -17
Cefn 27 GD -24

Bangor look safer but they don't have a licence for next season (declined, appealing, they owe the taxman) and if they don't get something out of Prestatyn on Sunday, they'll have to find something at Rhyl (I think Cefn will win at Carmarthen, oddly)

Big week next week, then...

Cheeseburger with onions, £2, bang on at Cefn.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:02 am

Great stuff Bert

I still want to kill the entire TNS squad though.
Cup Final Tickets - Page 5 75119

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:12 am

TNS finally lost in game 31 of 32.  Airbus now can win their last, TNS win their last and poor fucking Bala end up in third on goal difference (unless both wins are by one goal and then they finish second...  tongue )

Yes, the last game of the season has Bala 3 clear of Airbus and both are at home.  Bala have TNS, Airbus have Newtown and the prize is an automatic €200k.

Rhyl are now 7th, 2 clear of GCQ and three clear of Carmarthen.  All sorts of contrived possibilities but Rhyl go to Bangor and if they avoid defeat, GCQ have to find four goals difference against Prestatyn and...

Bangor have fuck all to play for as they are safe.  They went to Prestatyn and found the three points that consign Cefn back to the minors after one season. They will go down too, as there is a guaranteed licence holder in the top 2 in the LoW this year, it's just still not decided whether it's Cardiff Met or Haverfordwest (level on points, Cardiff the edge on GD currently).  1-3 it ended up, and the last goal at Bastion Gardens in the WPL (at least for now) was an absolute snorter from Lee Beattie.  Not hard to find on the web as there's been a fair few hits on it this evening...

Oh all right then...

I am also in this video, albeit not particularly clearly  Laughing and if you freeze it at the right point (about 7 seconds, between 23 and 10 when they separate) you can seen my son far better, looking in from his vantage point on the benches behind the goal... Cool

I have had a cracking couple of seasons watching them and I am not in the slightest bit daunted by travelling along the north coast next year in diminished circumstances. GCQ next week for the last game.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:45 am

If Messi or Ronaldo had scored that we'd be seeing it day and night!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Bloke right next to me was thrown out as well, Tone.  You'd think that would be impossible in the WPL but no.  Went spare at Jordan Davies as he tried to get the ball back for a corner and the older bloke on the other side offered him some revolutionary justice if he didn't fucking shut up.  To be honest, he'd been a bit odd all game to the point that he took a call at half time and all but read a match report out to the caller.  Wasn't a reporter, though, as he was holding staccato conversations with himself under his breath all game long.  He'd behaved until then, but then he was stood next to me and I look like a 70s Leeds city centre Ripper country publican at the minute... Laughing

He was bundled out roaring "You're shit... you've got no fans.  That's why you're shit".  Fuck knows who he thought was bundling him out  Laughing  but he had a half-hearted pop in the car park at the steward who ushered him out and fully a dozen were out of the door in a shot despite the steward having a four stone weight, six inches height and one foot reach advantage on him.  I didn't see his corpse in the car park later, though.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:12 am

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:19 am

Last game of the season at Connah's Quay Sunday.  Free entry.  Car is fucked.  Weighing up options...

Two for the weekend - TNS have yet to concede to Bala this season and are odds against because Bala need a point to guarantee Europe.  Wouldn't put me off TNS at all.
Cefn v Carmarthen.  Carmarthen have loaned out Cortez Belle and as such have fallen down a hole, rather than finishing sixth, then seventh, they're booked for ninth having only taken eight points from the last nine games and only one from twelve away.  Cefn have a worse record but they're a lot closer to each other in terms of quality and they'd like to give the faithful a win before the relegation (confirmed as Bangor won their licence appeal yesterday).  Cefn are huge at up to 5/2
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:00 pm

I wouldn't back TNS with your money lately mate.
The cunts.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:53 pm

I understand that, Tone, but they are unusually, and I never thought I'd say this, "value".

You of course can't eat value but Bala have pissed over a lot of sides at Maes Tegid this season (and in the case of Carmarthen who were 0-1 up and lost 8-1, they shook it as well) but haven't got a squeak out of TNS in four and a half hours. 0-2 v Prestatyn after a quarter, 4-2 at half time, four past Aber, Airbus took an easy three goal caning and few sides do that, four past Port Talbot every time the bus stops there yet they can't get a sausage from TNS.

2-0 Bala, therefore Laughing Laughing
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Bala 1-0 up after 7 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:24 pm

25 mins to go

Airbus have the two goal buffer they need.  Bala are 1-1.  If TNS score, Bala finish third but they stay second as it is.  On TNS, but heart is with Bala.

Rhyl 1-2 up at Bangor.  GCQ 2-1 v Town.  Rhyl still have a goal buffer for GD's sake unless GCQ score three more.

No score at Cefn
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next