Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie trivia

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Movie trivia - Page 2 Empty Re: Movie trivia

Post  Guest Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:57 am

I bet you'd crawl 200 yards naked over broken glass for a sniff of her tits Bert.

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:23 pm

It was a magical time, Tone - sixteen I was, and she practically had me poking my own eye out. I have to lie on my back to make it point that way now... Laughing

On the other link, good to see a fledgling Liz Hurley get nominated a couple of times, Helen Mirren makes the cut too and of course, the standard for the era entirely illustrated by Greta Scacchi making three films in one year where we got to see her lils, which means she spent the year with them out. Some multiple nominees on it who were clearly on some sort of casting Tit List. It was a good time to be adolescent, especially since we hadn't yet reached the era of women who think having a bush is worse than weeding the fucking path...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:39 pm

I'd like to point out that cinematographically, although I recognise the debut of Michelle Johnson, she was very much of the era for me and a personal choice because of history, age, technology all coming together suspiciously at the same time - it's as if that film was made for me at that time. Serendipity is the word and you might be wondering what the point is, but having mentioned Greta Scacchi in a prior post, it is simply this.

It will always be Jenny Agutter.

Unusual for the fact that she appeared in critically well-received (Blame It On Rio is no Citizen Kane) films by Nicolas Roeg, a Peter Shaffer screenplay and alongside Peter Ustinov in a ground-breaking movie and stripped for all of them. And that accent...

Off for a cold shower now. Oh, and American Werewolf in London
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:25 pm

Regarding American Werewolf in London, it features "out of place" actors
Rik Mayall is playing (and losing) chess with Brian Glover in the pub.
John Altman ('Allo Ma! Nick Cotton) plays a copper in the Soho wolf scene - he appears front and centre briefly but entirely recognisably.

John Altman also plays George Harrison in the US-made Birth of the Beatles. Let's make a chain...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:47 pm

John Altman played George Harrison in Birth of the Beatles
Ray Ashcroft (from The Bill and Emmerdale) played Ringo Starr
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:53 pm

Ray Ashcroft, around the time he appeared in Birth of the Beatles, appeared in Coronation Street, totalling five episodes as two characters in two stints.
Oscar-winning actor Ben Kingsley played Gandhi and also appeared in Coronation Street on five occasions.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Soap actor (Corrie) Ben Kingsley won an Oscar for Gandhi
Soap actress (Corrie, but more famously, Casualty) Brenda Fricker won an Oscar for My Left Foot
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:48 pm

The lion suit in the Wizard of Oz was made of real lion
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:54 pm

When South Korea decided to show The Sound of Music, one cinema owner, to increase footfall, decided to shorten it as it was too long.

And removed the songs.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm

If Agutter were ever to be succeeded, Halle Berry is her natural heir.

Natural hair...
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:00 pm

Oscar-winning Hollywood American actress Gloria Grahame was married four times.  Her second husband was father to her fourth, which means she married her own stepson, and her ex-husband claimed that he divorced her after finding her in bed with him, aged 13, although this is very much disputed, but it really fucked up Thanksgiving arrangements.  They went on to have her most successful marriage and had two sons who were also their father's stepbrothers and their mother's stepgrandchildren.  Between the two boys' births, she also had a nervous breakdown and electroshock therapy.

She moved to Liverpool in 1981 when she fell fatally ill with a stomach tumour, moving in with a former lover and actor, Peter Turner (who now lives nearby in New Brighton) at his mother's house.  Six days after, two of her children came to take her back to the USA against everyone but the children's wishes.  She was admitted to hospital on arrival in the US and died a few hours later.  This story was made into a film in 2017, Movie Stars Don't Die In Liverpool

She has a star on Hollywood Boulevard, and her final TV role was in an episode of Tales of the Unexpected where she dies at the hand of her new husband in the cold of a self-locking freezer, only for him to be locked in the same by a trap she had set for him.  The twist is that it was released in 1984, and she'd been dead three years at that point.
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  NotBert Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 pm

It seems that the bathroom scene in The Shining (Here's Johnny!) was lifted by Kubrick from the end of the waterbed episode of Steptoe and Son six years earlier

Could not make that up
NotBert
NotBert

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:47 pm

affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down