Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

looking into tiger-balm

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

looking into tiger-balm - Page 2 Empty Re: looking into tiger-balm

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Bert wrote:
sooterkin wrote:in my opinion, you should ask your pharmacist for methyl salicylate. it's the active ingredient in many products such as deep heat, dencorub, etc, but i used to buy it in 'pure' form otc. it will fix all aches and pains.

i find tiger balm has a cooling effect, rather than heating and i prefer to use it on bruises and sprains, rather than muscle and tissue ailments.

Possible problem with allergies and so forth, S? As a salicylate I'd imagine it's part of the aspirin family?

yes, good point. it's quite strong stuff. i used it during my younger years on the rugby and cricket fields.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Agree with the sprains v tissue thing, though. I'm not averse to going for the ice bag where suitable but this shoulder thing today needs heat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:07 am

Bert wrote:So? FIX MY SHOULDER!

Since you can't get here and give it the tender rub of yours that I ache and yearn for, any ideas appreciated, DD. Paramol and wheat bag have been limited in their success

Alternate the wheat bag with ice bags, 3 or 4 times a day.
DON'T rest it, that'll make it worse. try use it where possible. I don't mean go shot putting with said fucked arm, but use it to drink, eat etc. Letting it sieze up is the worst thing you can do. (Unless it's broken of course, then you're fucked Laughing )

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:49 am

Dirty Diego wrote:
Bert wrote:So? FIX MY SHOULDER!

Since you can't get here and give it the tender rub of yours that I ache and yearn for, any ideas appreciated, DD. Paramol and wheat bag have been limited in their success

Alternate the wheat bag with ice bags, 3 or 4 times a day.
DON'T rest it, that'll make it worse. try use it where possible. I don't mean go shot putting with said fucked arm, but use it to drink, eat etc. Letting it sieze up is the worst thing you can do. (Unless it's broken of course, then you're fucked Laughing )

And here's an excellent site for help with exercises and pain

http://www.painclinic.org/treatment-exercises-headneckshoulderarms.htm
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:01 am

Cheers, gents. Have been doing the wheat bag every few hours, DD, and I know (although you couldn't) that ice wouldn't make a difference - it isn't that I've torn anything (I tried my best to smash a rotator cuff about four years ago, took a year or so getting it right and it isn't in the same ballpark) but fuck me it hurts.

That first exercise on the link BOAT has given me has made a difference, though.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:36 am

Bert wrote:Cheers, gents. Have been doing the wheat bag every few hours, DD, and I know (although you couldn't) that ice wouldn't make a difference - it isn't that I've torn anything (I tried my best to smash a rotator cuff about four years ago, took a year or so getting it right and it isn't in the same ballpark) but fuck me it hurts.

That first exercise on the link BOAT has given me has made a difference, though.

Its the best free site ive come accross bert and a mine of good information. I go for physio 1x per week and use exercises on here and they do help me. Often fancied learning tai chi too. Very Happy
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:42 am

The Japanese art of directing traffic...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:34 am

looking into tiger-balm - Page 2 DancingTrafficDirector

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2