Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we have an open door policy

3 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Should we have an open door policy - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we have an open door policy

Post  bitofatwat Sun May 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Bert wrote:It's still a no from me. Amusingly, however, I did break my scissors today and replaced them with a new pair which so far have acquitted themselves well.

Not really a fully open door, a couple of doormen maybe Razz Razz
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Should we have an open door policy - Page 3 Empty Re: Should we have an open door policy

Post  Guest Sun May 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Have to disagree, BOAT. Frasier makes a point above of "how you deal with the rucking".

You don't let it in in the first place for me. Seems if we were trading sides of the playground, it's clear from which one he's still getting his crisps and malted milk. He has the privilege of posting on a forum where he has a free rein to post rather than be a sideline sniper and whereas he does the latter excellently, there is a distinct lack of value from him in the former.

If you were to present that to me, I'd say that Fat Cunt Paul's premise that "he only posts when he's rucking" is the standard teen angst post of that bellend who seems to think he has a handle on people when he doesn't know whether he should have a "life coach" or not and as such is eminently unqualified.

It's clear from their absence here (and Tony has made this point, albeit cackhandedly) that they are the ones who cannot post on a forum without rucking. I put up some nags that gave handy returns yesterday. I didn't put any up in the last six months on PP because it wasn't worth the post. The forum where there is a problem is the one where people simply end up opting out. If someone thinks that a victory, then he can buy himself a cake and eat it alone in his back bedroom. But that's as far as his victory goes.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Bert wrote:Have to disagree, BOAT. Frasier makes a point above of "how you deal with the rucking".

You don't let it in in the first place for me. Seems if we were trading sides of the playground, it's clear from which one he's still getting his crisps and malted milk. He has the privilege of posting on a forum where he has a free rein to post rather than be a sideline sniper and whereas he does the latter excellently, there is a distinct lack of value from him in the former.

If you were to present that to me, I'd say that Fat Cunt Paul's premise that "he only posts when he's rucking" is the standard teen angst post of that bellend who seems to think he has a handle on people when he doesn't know whether he should have a "life coach" or not and as such is eminently unqualified.

It's clear from their absence here (and Tony has made this point, albeit cackhandedly) that they are the ones who cannot post on a forum without rucking. I put up some nags that gave handy returns yesterday. I didn't put any up in the last six months on PP because it wasn't worth the post. The forum where there is a problem is the one where people simply end up opting out. If someone thinks that a victory, then he can buy himself a cake and eat it alone in his back bedroom. But that's as far as his victory goes.

This forum doesn't need olspy and fresh, Bert, the rucking is here already. Nobby has started an argument with me today even though I have probably posted less than three times since this thread began. I haven't sought him out, I haven't antagonised him in the slightest, and yet somehow I am the one to blame. I have a feeling that if Nobby were posting alone on this forum then within a few weeks he would be starting a ruck with the reflection in his monitor.

As for me lacking value in certain areas, well it probably depends on your viewpoint. I dont offer tips as I dont believe that i'm qualified to, and I rarely argue a point unless it's something that I feel strongly about. However I do try to amuse on occasion, and I would like to think that it's often with some success. So if you see value as making post after post of inane dribble that serves very little purpose apart from helping a forum look as though it's busy, then yes, i'm probably guilty. But then I, and I would like to think that yourself and a few others too, would generally regard value as quality rather than quantity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:10 am

Frasier wrote:

This forum doesn't need olspy and fresh, Bert, the rucking is here already..

Right, that's just not true for starters

Frasier wrote: Nobby has started an argument with me today even though I have probably posted less than three times since this thread began.

In two weeks. That would be the nub of his argument

Frasier wrote: I haven't sought him out, I haven't antagonised him in the slightest, and yet somehow I am the one to blame. I have a feeling that if Nobby were posting alone on this forum then within a few weeks he would be starting a ruck with the reflection in his monitor.

The opinion in the second sentence lends a lot to the first

Frasier wrote:

As for me lacking value in certain areas, well it probably depends on your viewpoint. I dont offer tips as I dont believe that i'm qualified to, and I rarely argue a point unless it's something that I feel strongly about.

It's a forum and all about opinions. I am not Henry Cecil, for example.

Frasier wrote: However I do try to amuse on occasion, and I would like to think that it's often with some success. So if you see value as making post after post of inane dribble that serves very little purpose apart from helping a forum look as though it's busy, then yes, i'm probably guilty.

I don't get the reference on here, but whoever it is, it's hardly bridge-building

Frasier wrote: But then I, and I would like to think that yourself and a few others too, would generally regard value as quality rather than quantity.

To x, y plot it, when quantity is zero, quality is zero. You actually waste paper drawing the graph at that point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:19 am

The point is, Frasier, that this forum is a month old and Tony's point appears to be anyone who has posted under twenty posts in that time would benefit from being on Twitter because this place isn't for them.

We have also had the problem of the serial gobshites working through the PP address book and joining to the point that there is a ritual in removing them, it's that frequent. Some of us don't want to go there and we don't want it here. I'd add to that but it would only give ideas.

This isn't a Chekhov play - it's a lighthearted forum with a minimal number of arseholes. Comparing this place to the other isn't valid because we don't have the timewasting of having to read how x is a bullshitter because y says so after x posts. In comparison, though, I'd lay odds you rack up more than 20 posts a month on the forum that isn't this one.

Back to top Go down

Post  bitofatwat Mon May 17, 2010 12:46 am

For the record, Frasier stood up along with Kit and spoke out when i was getting all the grief on every post i made on PP after you went bert.

I did hit back but i got engulfed and had to get away in the end.
bitofatwat
bitofatwat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:56 am

Thing is, BOAT, this is both a clean slate and a blank canvas. You'd post here before the other place simply because you can.

When I log on, this is the second site I visit by and large. PP never made it that high in two years and it wasn't uncommon for it to go unvisited. The two sites don't compare but people keep drawing the comparison. Same parent ownership but that's about it. Dubai Millennium and Snaafi Dancer.

This the the forum PP could have been. Odd that its initiation therefore has suffered repeat attempts to undermine it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 11:43 am

It's pointless discussing this with you Bert, because you appear to have a very blinkered viewpoint as far as this forum is concerned. I have rarely posted on either forum over the last month or so simply because I don't have the time, and I am unlikely to be posting much over the next month or so either. So if that's seen as grounds for deletion then so be it. I'm unlikely to lose any sleep over it. As I very much doubt will anyone else.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 17, 2010 11:48 am

Frasier wrote:It's pointless discussing this with you Bert, because you appear to have a very blinkered viewpoint as far as this forum is concerned. I have rarely posted on either forum over the last month or so simply because I don't have the time, and I am unlikely to be posting much over the next month or so either. So if that's seen as grounds for deletion then so be it. I'm unlikely to lose any sleep over it. As I very much doubt will anyone else.

I'm not removing you frasier come and go as you please. I appreciate your honesty.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://juicepunters.forummotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 12:09 pm

I'd like you both to stay and continue to post things that amuse me.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Frasier wrote:It's pointless discussing this with you Bert, because you appear to have a very blinkered viewpoint as far as this forum is concerned. I have rarely posted on either forum over the last month or so simply because I don't have the time, and I am unlikely to be posting much over the next month or so either. So if that's seen as grounds for deletion then so be it. I'm unlikely to lose any sleep over it. As I very much doubt will anyone else.

I haven't asked for you to be deleted. I have my selections, you never made the cut.

You can call them blinkers but all I'm calling is what I see. It is pointless raising PP in any argument as a comparator with me as I've been gone for three or four months now - I'm on the wrong laptop for the diary unfortunately to give a definitive date. But it is like talking about the side I'd field in the cup final when we got scalloped at Newcastle in the fourth round - irrelevant and not something I'm pleased is on my CV

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3